Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to wait a while before writing this review so I would have a in-depth opinion on the product.

Allow me to start out this review with letting you all know that this cleanser was reformulated in early 2015. The most common complaints I've seen about it is that the consistency was too liquidy. I can assure you that con has been taken out of the equation. The current formula is just a basic gel cleanser consistency.

If you've been reading my reviews you'll know about my love for alpha hydroxy acids. They are effective for chemical exfoliation without going as deep as vitamin a (Retin A). I gave Silk Naturals a 5 lippie review because I loved their formulation for a long time, but, they recently revamped it and released a lesser quality product. So I cut ties with that toner.

I needed to find a replacement. But it's hard when so many companies put rubbing alcohol in their toners or an absurd % of A.H.As. I have tried many on the market. What I like about this facewash is, if only used at night, it will not dry out my face. The formula is pretty gentle and does not upset my rosacea. On top of that - the cleanser picks up any traces of make up that my jojoba oil missed. My skin feels clean, and soft!

I would recommend only using this at night (followed my a moisturizer... I use jojoba oil). Because it REALLY deep cleanses the skin and would probably strip your face too much for make up to be applied smoothly. I still use Cerave Hydrating Cleanser in the morning for added moisture. :)

This is basically an acne cleanser with a lower percentage of salicylic acid (this product has 0.5% salicylic acid while most of Neutrogena's acne wash products have 2% salicylic acid), so it ends up being gentler on the face if the 2% salicylic acid is too drying for you. The alpha-hydroxy acid, which Neutrogena claims will help smooth fine lines (by promoting exfoliation), is glycolic acid in this product. However, you can also find glycolic acid in Neutrogena's other acne washes. Both the salicylic acid (a β-hydroxy acid) and the alpha-hydroxy acid will work together to gently exfoliate your skin. Make sure to use a sunscreen to protect your skin any time you go outside whenever you use an alpha-hydroxy acid product, since the exfoliation will also increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun. I tried out this face wash when I was 23, so I was not thinking much about wrinkles at that age, but I did like it because most acne washes were too irritating for daily use on my face. It seems like it is hard to find this particular one in stores. It has a nice, creamy texture. The tube is smaller than Neutrogena's other face wash tubes, but it lasted me a long time because I only needed to use a little bit. I might consider buying this again if I can find it in a store.

on 3/29/2011 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love how this product isn't HE so my expectation were low. I blew through my expectations. I was mailing back and forth betyween an MUAer and she was telling me spending more doesn't mean better, which I agree. I heard Neutrogena has some great cleanser. Although salicylic acic doesn't do the trick for me (i'm using 10% bezoyl peroxide) I like that this cleanser has AHA in it. It help calm down my skin. I've used all sorts of cleansers and masks and this one along with the Deep clean which contain beta hydroxy has made my skin look great. I am very happy with this pruduct. I use it with my clarisonic at least once a week. I can't believ Neutrogene has been given my skin such great result.!! My acne has been calming down and my skin has been looking better overall,

on 3/2/2010 8:53:00 PM

I am on my second tube of this stuff - I alternate it some with an Alpha Hydrox cleanser. I like what it does for my skin - it gets rid of any milia and seems to make my skin look better overall. I haven't found it to be overly drying - but then I put on moisturizer pretty quickly after my shower. I find the scent a bit strong for a face cleanser and don't care for it...but this product will remain a part of my skin care rouutine for now.

on 1/18/2010 8:47:00 PM

This is the first time I have left a review on Makeupalley because this is the hands-down worst cleanser I have ever wasted money on. After a mere two uses, my face and neck are covered in red bumps. My eyelids are dry and scaly. My face feels tight and painful. This product is unbelievably horrible and if you are considering purchasing this, I beg you DON'T!

on 12/19/2009 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I REALLY like this product. I don't get too much time to write reviews anymore, since I had a little one last year (maybe when she gets a little older I'll get my life back). I saw this on sale once at CVS and picked it up as a kind of "extra" for my summer house, actually. Then I noticed that it has sa AND glycolic acid--I don't see that very often, and I was so interested that I took it home with me. It has really helped me with breakouts. I've got to say that when my eczema flares up, my skin is too sensitive for it, so I'm not sure it would be good for sensitive skins, but for a drugstore cleanser, wow.

I have oily skin for a 27 year old. So, I have to fight it off with big girl cleansers, and this is where this product steps in.

I have large pores, and when I clean my skin with this cleanser, it takes care of those big suckers. I also pair it up with the Anti-blemish moisturizer with retinol, and it really solves my forehead line issue.

All in all, great product(s) and I'll continue to buy it over and over again!

OH, it does bleach sheets/bedding, so I'd be careful of the application.

Hmm, the only good thing I can say is that it didn't dry out my combo skin. Other than that, it make my skin itchy and red.

on 3/17/2009 2:30:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I tried this last year and really haven't had any inkling to buy it again. Im only 22 but I thought it would be a good way to start a better skincare regimine (ive been an avid tanner for 6 years) and start young on the anti aging. It made my skin smooth but one thing I remember strongly is that once i squeezed the cleanser in my hands, I had BETTER rub them together right away to get it foaming (which it also didn't do too well) because more than a few times the soap dollop would fall off my hand and wash down the drain which i've never had happen with any other product. I always have loved Neutrogena, except for this product. There are many other less expensive cleansers that work better.

on 10/17/2008 4:29:00 AM

Oh no, terrible terrible. I wish I would've looked over some reviews before purchasing this last month. This face wash was incredibly slippery and difficult to manage. Did a terrible job of cleansing properly and gave me terrible breakouts! It caused deep painful bumps which I've never experienced! I took it back for a refund.