Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.0

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

This is basically an acne cleanser with a lower percentage of salicylic acid (this product has 0.5% salicylic acid while most of Neutrogena's acne wash products have 2% salicylic acid), so it ends up being gentler on the face if the 2% salicylic acid is too drying for you. The alpha-hydroxy acid, which Neutrogena claims will help smooth fine lines (by promoting exfoliation), is glycolic acid in this product. However, you can also find glycolic acid in Neutrogena's other acne washes. Both the salicylic acid (a β-hydroxy acid) and the alpha-hydroxy acid will work together to gently exfoliate your skin. Make sure to use a sunscreen to protect your skin any time you go outside whenever you use an alpha-hydroxy acid product, since the exfoliation will also increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun. I tried out this face wash when I was 23, so I was not thinking much about wrinkles at that age, but I did like it because most acne washes were too irritating for daily use on my face. It seems like it is hard to find this particular one in stores. It has a nice, creamy texture. The tube is smaller than Neutrogena's other face wash tubes, but it lasted me a long time because I only needed to use a little bit. I might consider buying this again if I can find it in a store.

on 11/18/2013 2:25:00 AM

The struggle of hormonal acne made me purchase this and I'm happy to say I enjoy it! Only have been using it for a few weeks but it's definitely helped the condition of my skin. I like the faint scent it has and how easy it is to rinse off. It also contains only 0.5% salicylic acid so I don't worry about drying my face out!

on 3/25/2012 6:15:00 PM

I think some people review things without really thinking before they type and not understanding the ingredients in the product. This has retinols in it...which can be extremely drying if you have sensitive skin or your face is not used to the ingredients. You shouldn't review a product negatively for this. Every retinol product will do this to some people, does NOT mean the product is bad.

Now on to the actual product, it's very good. I have acne/combo skin but want anti-aging ingredients as well so I was happy to find this. My breakouts have not gone away completely (probably won't ever, damn hormones!) but my face did get better and my healing acne looks so much better than it did! I don't see much on the aging issue yet, as it's only been 3 weeks, but I'm hopeful. I also use the moisturizer in tandem. I do not notice a smell like some people stated. It smells like a normal face wash to me!

on 7/26/2011 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cleanser because I was looking for a product that would mimic the cleanser that is in the Neutrogena acne system (the one with the cleanser, night treatment, and moisture lotion with SPF 15). The cleanser in that system really worked well for me and it wasn't at all irritating when I had cystic acne. I stopped using the system because my skin got a lot better, so I can't really justify spending $20 for the three product system. The Neutrogena anti-blemish anti-wrinkle cleanser is like the cleanser from the acne system in that they both only have 0.5% salicylic acid. All the other Neutrogena acne cleansers I saw had 2% salicylic acid and I thought that would be too harsh for my skin.

All in all I'm happy with this cleaner. I wish it weren't slimy and I might have to stop using it during the winter (because it might dry my skin), but during the summer it is fine since I have oily skin. It has helped clear up my pores, which is what I was looking for. So, if you are over 30 and have mild acne breakouts, I would recommend you try out this cleanser. If you are a teenager with major acne problems, I don't know why you would use this product. I would recommend you try Neutrogena's acne system.

on 6/8/2010 9:31:00 PM

This stuff is the WORST. I used to only get an occasional pimple on my forehead or chin, usually around the time of my period. After I started using this face wash, I experienced breakouts all over my face, including on my cheeks. Also, I believe my skin became oilier in general because of this product. At first I thought it was hormonal or due to the humidity in my area, but I now believe it is due to this cleanser.

In addition to not helping me out at all, this cleanser has a strange texture. It's oddly gooey and does not really lather well at all. Plus the smell is not extremely pleasant, but it wouldn't bother me if it worked!

on 7/28/2009 6:00:00 PM

Price: too much for something that doesn't work
Packaging quality: it leaks product!
would i repurchase? NO

This product smells, doesn't clear blemishes, i don't really see any difference in my fine lines ony forehead. and to be honest, i was my face in the shower and when im rinsing i occassionally get product in my mouth (yes i leave my mouth open im stupid) but this stuff tastes horrible!! llol so leave your mouth closed!! anyway, i really feel it doesnt work to improve or fix my skin at all. I left 2 lippies because it did clean my face...although it felt kinda slimy afterwards?

anyway, im going to try walgreens aha 8% lotion.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%)

on 5/12/2009 12:43:00 PM

First of all, people need to keep some things in mind when using this product:

1) It says on the packaging that it may irritate skin, mainly because of the AHA's (so if you have sensitive skin then obviously you might want to think twice before using this).

2) It warns on the packaging that if you don't USE SUNSCREEN your skin may become irritated, again due to the AHA's (so... duh... wear sunscreen everyday when using this product AND for a week afterwards if you stop using it, like the packaging says).

3) It's meant for more mature skin... ergo, it will probably work best for more mature skin.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moving on...

This cleanser is working great so far for my 28 year-old, (mildly) acne-prone, combination, large-pored skin that is showing some fine lines. I usually have those little bumps on my cheeks (not white heads or red but still annoying because they're noticable) and blackheads on my nose and chin and this seems to be helping with those as well (I also use a cream with retinol for night time use as well as Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer which also contains retinol. Retinol can help clear up acne so I'm sure that's helping as well). It also decreases the appearance of my large pores.

Lathers, well, doesn't dry my skin out (I use it in the AM and PM), and smells nice. And one tube will last forever, so that's a bonus. It has a pop-top. It would be nice if this came in pump form, but I won't take off a lippie for something so minor since I have no trouble with the pop-top packaging.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm not entirely sure how much I like this product. I wish the formula were better made. It's really difficult to find to get it out of the tube and onto my face, since it usually falls into the sink, rather than onto my hand. :[ It doesn't dry out my skin or anything. My skin feels a little tight after I use it, which kinda makes me feel like I didn't wash all of it off. I'm not sure how much it's doing in terms of anti-wrinkle, but I guess I might as well use the rest of it. My skin does look better, but I don't know if it has to do with this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

How great that someone finally came up with a product that deals with aging skin that is prone to blemishes! And, it works! My skins is wonderfully clear after just a week's use and it's not over-drying. Great cleanser.

on 12/10/2008 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I normally like Neutrogena products, but this product did not do anything for me. It is very thick and slippery, and I feel like I am washing my face with shampoo. I have also noticed more breakouts lately, but I'm not sure if this was the causing factor.