Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

2.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 12/10/2016 3:43:00 PM

Usually i love neutrogena products, they fit me so well and their prices are affordable, so i gave this cleanser a try.
I didn't like it at all for many reasons:
1/ the consistency is weird, it's slimy and very hard to get out of the tube and most of the time the first squirt ends up in the sink because it slips from the hand
2/ very difficult to manage the cleanser into your face due to its consistency
3/ it did nothing to my face at all, no glowing, no reducing pimples, nothing at all

Overall, it is a waste of money and won't buy again

on 9/8/2013 5:18:00 PM

love this stuff! I have combination skin and am in my late twenties. My skin looks better than ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this cleanser. It didn't wow me or really clear breakouts, but it didn't make me break out more. Since I'm taking Retin-A now, I find this to be too harsh for my skin, so I'm no longer using it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This smelled funny, itched, clogged, and caused an explosion of zits. Need I say more?

on 7/26/2011 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cleanser because I was looking for a product that would mimic the cleanser that is in the Neutrogena acne system (the one with the cleanser, night treatment, and moisture lotion with SPF 15). The cleanser in that system really worked well for me and it wasn't at all irritating when I had cystic acne. I stopped using the system because my skin got a lot better, so I can't really justify spending $20 for the three product system. The Neutrogena anti-blemish anti-wrinkle cleanser is like the cleanser from the acne system in that they both only have 0.5% salicylic acid. All the other Neutrogena acne cleansers I saw had 2% salicylic acid and I thought that would be too harsh for my skin.

All in all I'm happy with this cleaner. I wish it weren't slimy and I might have to stop using it during the winter (because it might dry my skin), but during the summer it is fine since I have oily skin. It has helped clear up my pores, which is what I was looking for. So, if you are over 30 and have mild acne breakouts, I would recommend you try out this cleanser. If you are a teenager with major acne problems, I don't know why you would use this product. I would recommend you try Neutrogena's acne system.

on 3/29/2011 11:11:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love how this product isn't HE so my expectation were low. I blew through my expectations. I was mailing back and forth betyween an MUAer and she was telling me spending more doesn't mean better, which I agree. I heard Neutrogena has some great cleanser. Although salicylic acic doesn't do the trick for me (i'm using 10% bezoyl peroxide) I like that this cleanser has AHA in it. It help calm down my skin. I've used all sorts of cleansers and masks and this one along with the Deep clean which contain beta hydroxy has made my skin look great. I am very happy with this pruduct. I use it with my clarisonic at least once a week. I can't believ Neutrogene has been given my skin such great result.!! My acne has been calming down and my skin has been looking better overall,

on 2/13/2011 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm on my second tube of this and I LOVE it. I've actually never repurchased a cleanser ever, so this says alot. I have really horrible red cystic acne along with whiteheads etc, and I think this stuff really helps. A week ago, I bought the Olay cleansing brush and use it with this cleanser and a huge nasty cyst that hadn't budged for months is flat. Before the Olay, I massaged it into my skin for at least a minute to get the exfoliating benefits. It is a bit drying, but once I follow up with moisturizer I'm good to go.

Highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this, but didn't work out for me. It doesn't lather well, and it feels tight on my skin. Doesn't do well controlling break outs, it dried my skin instead. I still need a make up remover before using this cleanser to make sure I got rid of any trace of make up before going to bed.
Will not repurchase.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought this because I have not been able to find my regular Neutrogena face wash, the Pore Refining Wash, I hope they are not discontinuing it!

This wash is inferior to the other Neutrogena wash in every way. As other people have mentioned the consistency is gross, weird, and slippery. It is unpleasant to use. However it does rinse clean for me, I don't have a film left behind as some others have mentioned. My skin does feel pretty clean after use, but ten days into using this wash I have three huge pimples, larger and more inflamed than a typical break out.

I would not buy this again and hope to find the pore refining cleanser again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm not entirely sure how much I like this product. I wish the formula were better made. It's really difficult to find to get it out of the tube and onto my face, since it usually falls into the sink, rather than onto my hand. :[ It doesn't dry out my skin or anything. My skin feels a little tight after I use it, which kinda makes me feel like I didn't wash all of it off. I'm not sure how much it's doing in terms of anti-wrinkle, but I guess I might as well use the rest of it. My skin does look better, but I don't know if it has to do with this.