Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am 55, and I have used this cleanser on and off for about six years. I have bouts with cystic acne and you know when it happens i reach for this cleanser and the healthy skin moisturizer at night. They both help to make the acne get smaller overnight and eventually disappear. No more popping pimples because it leaves pits on my face. If I just leave them alone and fight them with acids they go away. I have combination/oily skin and when it is oily is when I get the cystic acne. The healthy skin moisturizer is irritating to my skin so I only use it at night when having a breakout. I know it has SPF in it but it makes my skin red and some bumps appear so I only use it at night. For daytime I put Mary Kay acne lotion on but it really is a white gel, 5% Benzoyl Peroxide. It looks great under makeup and causes no shine. But most of the time I use gentle cleansers and moisturizers. So this stuff is a real life saver for me because cystic acne can be painful and hard to cover with makeup.

on 12/10/2016 3:43:00 PM

Usually i love neutrogena products, they fit me so well and their prices are affordable, so i gave this cleanser a try.
I didn't like it at all for many reasons:
1/ the consistency is weird, it's slimy and very hard to get out of the tube and most of the time the first squirt ends up in the sink because it slips from the hand
2/ very difficult to manage the cleanser into your face due to its consistency
3/ it did nothing to my face at all, no glowing, no reducing pimples, nothing at all

Overall, it is a waste of money and won't buy again

Amazing stuff!! Helps with acne, and fine lines, not sure about heavy wrinkles since I am young.. but I am sure it would help improve the appearance of wrinkles as well. I never go wrong with Neutrogena! I ran out of this a few months ago, and used another face wash, and at first I didn't notice the effect it had on a few lines that were trying to creep up on me until I purchased this face wash again... and then I noticed a huge improvement in my skin, immediately, like, pretty much after a couple of days after I started using it again, my skin looked so much better!

They say that you are your biggest critic, and I'm probably the only one who noticed those slight lines, but this face wash definitely improved them, even, dare I say, erased them! Will definitely buy this for as long as this is on the shelves, and I pray that they never discontinue this!

This has a very slimy-like texture, almost like a watered down gel, kind of, so it is very slippery! I cup my hand and put a small amount, about the size of a dime into my palm, and lather it up and then apply to my face and rinse it off immediately afterwards. This face wash leaves me with a tiny bit of dryness, so I use a moisturizer after washing my face with this product. I use Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer with 35 SPF during the day and Clean and Clear Dual Action moisturizer at night!

on 9/8/2013 5:18:00 PM

love this stuff! I have combination skin and am in my late twenties. My skin looks better than ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I liked this cleanser. It didn't wow me or really clear breakouts, but it didn't make me break out more. Since I'm taking Retin-A now, I find this to be too harsh for my skin, so I'm no longer using it.

I really like this cleanser. I'm only 20 so I don't really need to worry about wrinkles, but I am getting a few lines on my forehead so I figure starting early on a good skincare regimen wouldn't hurt. I picked this up along with the moisturizer for under 30 dollars at CVS. This, along with the moisturizer, has helped my skin dramatically. I don't know if its the salicylic acid or the retinol but my acne has almost disappeared and my overall skin tone is less red and a lot more even. I will say though this product is very drying so I only use the face wash every few days and make sure I put the moisturizer on as soon as I'm done cleansing. I will repurchase and I would reccomend.

Oh, and the texture is completely freaky but what I do is instead of tryin to lather it in my hands I just put it directly on my face and it's a lot easier to get lathering lol

on 4/10/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Been using this face wash for 4 months now. My skin tone has improved quite abit and seems more brighter. I do notice my acne spots fading alittle, but not much. (I am now using Finacea for that). The AHA's really slough off the dead skin cells on my pimples. I can literally peel them off after washing my face! I have sensitive skin and this did not dry or burn me. I use with my Clarisonic and it really cleans my skin and lathers great. The S.A. content is only 0.5% which is very low compared to the full 2% in most acne cleansers. Which is probably why i don't see much improvement in my acne with this wash. Overall i do like this product but am sad it does not clear up my acne as much as i'd hoped it would! I will continue to use until i find another cleanser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I gave this a 2 because it did kinda help with my acne after one use and my face felt kind of smoother afterwards. I didn't care for the wrinkle benefit because I barely turned 17 but the ingredients were appealing. AHA, Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid. But to the bad things; I hate the smell, I hate the texture, and the unsatisfying feeling after. I don't feel like my face is clean. Luckily I technically didn't buy this. I went to Target to buy this and the Boots Botanics Conditioning Clay Mask but afterwards I realized the lady only charged me for the mask which I have yet to try :)

Far too harsh for my skin. Ended up causing more breakouts b/c it was so drying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to love this, but didn't work out for me. It doesn't lather well, and it feels tight on my skin. Doesn't do well controlling break outs, it dried my skin instead. I still need a make up remover before using this cleanser to make sure I got rid of any trace of make up before going to bed.
Will not repurchase.