Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I wanted to wait a while before writing this review so I would have a in-depth opinion on the product.

Allow me to start out this review with letting you all know that this cleanser was reformulated in early 2015. The most common complaints I've seen about it is that the consistency was too liquidy. I can assure you that con has been taken out of the equation. The current formula is just a basic gel cleanser consistency.

If you've been reading my reviews you'll know about my love for alpha hydroxy acids. They are effective for chemical exfoliation without going as deep as vitamin a (Retin A). I gave Silk Naturals a 5 lippie review because I loved their formulation for a long time, but, they recently revamped it and released a lesser quality product. So I cut ties with that toner.

I needed to find a replacement. But it's hard when so many companies put rubbing alcohol in their toners or an absurd % of A.H.As. I have tried many on the market. What I like about this facewash is, if only used at night, it will not dry out my face. The formula is pretty gentle and does not upset my rosacea. On top of that - the cleanser picks up any traces of make up that my jojoba oil missed. My skin feels clean, and soft!

I would recommend only using this at night (followed my a moisturizer... I use jojoba oil). Because it REALLY deep cleanses the skin and would probably strip your face too much for make up to be applied smoothly. I still use Cerave Hydrating Cleanser in the morning for added moisture. :)

on 10/20/2007 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Likes:
~ doesn't contain parabens, propylene glycol, sulfates, alcohol, or other pore-cloggers for my congested skin; generally short ingredient list
~ contains both AHA (glycolic) and BHA (salycilic) in sensitive skin-friendly low concentrations
~ do not find that it leaves a film on my skin
~ completely removes eye-makeup and doesn't sting eyes much
~ $7.99 a tube at my supermarket around the corner

Dislikes:
~ no miraculous change in my skin after 2 weeks, but hey -- what do I want from a cleanser? my skin looks noticeably clearer and smoother. Would buy again, for the results and the comfort of knowing I'm not putting any pore-cloggers on my face
~ EDIT: too harsh for daily use. Going to try finishing off the bottle as a gentle exfoliant by adding baking soda to it.

on 2/28/2006 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a nice basic cleanser. The amount of bha in it is pretty insignificant in my opinion (only 0.5%) so I really don't see how it can be beneficial unless you really don't have much of an acne problem to begin with. It does contain glycolic acid but the label doesnt reveal how much. The texture is almost gelatinous but I don't have a problem with it. I also like the scent, kind of like grapefruit. Not a heavy duty cleanser for those of us with problematic skin, but its still nice to have in your cabinet.

on 4/20/2004 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I was not impressed with this cleanser, but can't say that I hate it. I don't think it's done anything spectacular for my skin, or helped control breakouts. But I can't say that it has caused breakouts or made my skin worse. Might be a little harsh for people with sensitive skin. I won't repurchase because I've had better luck with other cleansers.