Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 7/26/2011 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cleanser because I was looking for a product that would mimic the cleanser that is in the Neutrogena acne system (the one with the cleanser, night treatment, and moisture lotion with SPF 15). The cleanser in that system really worked well for me and it wasn't at all irritating when I had cystic acne. I stopped using the system because my skin got a lot better, so I can't really justify spending $20 for the three product system. The Neutrogena anti-blemish anti-wrinkle cleanser is like the cleanser from the acne system in that they both only have 0.5% salicylic acid. All the other Neutrogena acne cleansers I saw had 2% salicylic acid and I thought that would be too harsh for my skin.

All in all I'm happy with this cleaner. I wish it weren't slimy and I might have to stop using it during the winter (because it might dry my skin), but during the summer it is fine since I have oily skin. It has helped clear up my pores, which is what I was looking for. So, if you are over 30 and have mild acne breakouts, I would recommend you try out this cleanser. If you are a teenager with major acne problems, I don't know why you would use this product. I would recommend you try Neutrogena's acne system.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. It was exactly what I was looking for. A wrinkle and blemish fighter all in one. I also bought the moisturizer b/c I wanted to make sure I got the full benfits of both products. The cleanser seemed ok for the 1st few days and then my face started to burn after washing with this and I gave me a rash all over my face. I stopped using the moisturizer also. I think the products are too much for my skin. Moisturizer made my skin a bit oily too, as if the red bumps all over my face weren't enough.
These are the only Neutrogena facial products that I have had a problem with. I am now using the Oil Free Acne wash and the Combo skin lotion and I am quite happy with them!!

on 8/7/2008 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this cleanser! Thanks to recommendations, I purchased this cleanser a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. It doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight.

on 7/10/2008 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm using this just to get rid of it, but I'd like to try Neutrogena's Acne Wash after. I don't see much of a difference with this - although my skin has seemed more radiant and cleaner since I've stopped using Cetaphil!

EDIT: This really did nothing for my skin .. it only had a measly .5% salicylic acid, and I still broke out regularly using this worthless cleanser.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff was absolute crap for me. I used it a few weeks and it never felt like my face was clean and like it left a residue or something. I have occassional breakouts and I think this made them worse. Defnitely not for me and will not repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was OK at best. It didn't dry out or breakout my oily skin, but I didn't see any added benefit from using this product either.
I liked that it had mild exfoliating scrubbers.
This didn't seem to remove makeup very well, I needed to use a separate makeup remover--mostly for eye makeup.
I like the packaging with the tube and flip top cap; I feel like I was easily able to use all of the product.
I would not repurchase because while it didn't hurt my skin, I didn't see any improvement either. Also, I could only use it about 8 months out of the year (which is fine) because of the extremely cold/dry/windy winters.

on 5/13/2007 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

okay cleanser but irritated my eyes horribly.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this cleanser is great. I've been using it for over a month and have nothing but great things to say. Foams up to a nice cleanser in your hands and rinses away clean. Haven't had any break outs since using and the BHA's make my skin soft and smooth. Great price and lasts a long time.

on 11/9/2006 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my staple facial cleanser. I'm 37 but my skin is still very oily and would still break out. This controls my breakouts nicely and I haven't had any reactions even though I have sensitive skin. I'll continue to use this as long as it's available.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use prescription topical medications to take control of my acne, so I can't vouch whether this clears up acne, but it definitely doesn't exacerbate my acne. What I really like about this cleanser is the feel on my skin; it is creamy (kind of like a shampoo), luxurious (which is not usually an adjective I use to describe facial cleanser), and leaves my skin feeling moisturized. Will definitely purchase again.