Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 12/10/2016 3:43:00 PM

Usually i love neutrogena products, they fit me so well and their prices are affordable, so i gave this cleanser a try.
I didn't like it at all for many reasons:
1/ the consistency is weird, it's slimy and very hard to get out of the tube and most of the time the first squirt ends up in the sink because it slips from the hand
2/ very difficult to manage the cleanser into your face due to its consistency
3/ it did nothing to my face at all, no glowing, no reducing pimples, nothing at all

Overall, it is a waste of money and won't buy again

This is basically an acne cleanser with a lower percentage of salicylic acid (this product has 0.5% salicylic acid while most of Neutrogena's acne wash products have 2% salicylic acid), so it ends up being gentler on the face if the 2% salicylic acid is too drying for you. The alpha-hydroxy acid, which Neutrogena claims will help smooth fine lines (by promoting exfoliation), is glycolic acid in this product. However, you can also find glycolic acid in Neutrogena's other acne washes. Both the salicylic acid (a β-hydroxy acid) and the alpha-hydroxy acid will work together to gently exfoliate your skin. Make sure to use a sunscreen to protect your skin any time you go outside whenever you use an alpha-hydroxy acid product, since the exfoliation will also increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun. I tried out this face wash when I was 23, so I was not thinking much about wrinkles at that age, but I did like it because most acne washes were too irritating for daily use on my face. It seems like it is hard to find this particular one in stores. It has a nice, creamy texture. The tube is smaller than Neutrogena's other face wash tubes, but it lasted me a long time because I only needed to use a little bit. I might consider buying this again if I can find it in a store.

on 8/29/2014 11:05:00 PM

I would buy this again but it wouldn't be my first choice. Currently my favorite cleanser is Peter Thomas Roth's Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, but it is expensive and I would love to find a cheaper alternative. I compared the ingredients between my PTR cleanser and this one from Neutrogena, and I found that they both contain the one-two punch of salicylic and glycolic acids so I was eager to give it a try.

I found it to be a perfectly fine cleanser, lathers up nicely and rinses off cleanly. Doesn't dry my skin out or cause irritation. But it doesn't leave my skin feeling as clean and refreshed as my PTR does and also, it doesn't keep my breakouts in check quite as well as my PTR either. (For reference my skin is combo-oily and it tends to be clog-prone with a few occasional breakouts.)

I'd buy this again in a pinch, in fact I'd actually recommend it. But it's not HG for me. Good value for the price though!

Amazing stuff!! Helps with acne, and fine lines, not sure about heavy wrinkles since I am young.. but I am sure it would help improve the appearance of wrinkles as well. I never go wrong with Neutrogena! I ran out of this a few months ago, and used another face wash, and at first I didn't notice the effect it had on a few lines that were trying to creep up on me until I purchased this face wash again... and then I noticed a huge improvement in my skin, immediately, like, pretty much after a couple of days after I started using it again, my skin looked so much better!

They say that you are your biggest critic, and I'm probably the only one who noticed those slight lines, but this face wash definitely improved them, even, dare I say, erased them! Will definitely buy this for as long as this is on the shelves, and I pray that they never discontinue this!

This has a very slimy-like texture, almost like a watered down gel, kind of, so it is very slippery! I cup my hand and put a small amount, about the size of a dime into my palm, and lather it up and then apply to my face and rinse it off immediately afterwards. This face wash leaves me with a tiny bit of dryness, so I use a moisturizer after washing my face with this product. I use Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer with 35 SPF during the day and Clean and Clear Dual Action moisturizer at night!

on 11/18/2013 2:25:00 AM

The struggle of hormonal acne made me purchase this and I'm happy to say I enjoy it! Only have been using it for a few weeks but it's definitely helped the condition of my skin. I like the faint scent it has and how easy it is to rinse off. It also contains only 0.5% salicylic acid so I don't worry about drying my face out!

on 9/8/2013 5:18:00 PM

love this stuff! I have combination skin and am in my late twenties. My skin looks better than ever.

I second Bloata's very wise comments - and to dry-skinned I would add sensitive too. It is aimed at oily/combination/acne skins. And slightly older ones at that! I like it, although I am a cosmetics tart so have several cleansers on the go which I use in rotation depending on my needs. I use a toner afterwards so have absolutely no issues with residue.

on 4/7/2012 4:12:00 PM

I've been using it twice a day since I got it, I've had less dry flaking skin than I had prior. I immediately apply moisturizer while my face is still damp. Overall, my skin is clearer, much smoother, and the tone more even.
UPDATE: I used it long enough to mix & match with various moisturizers & I've realized that this stuff is MAGIC, no matter what I use afterwards. I used to get cystic acne around that time of the month -- no more! My pores have shrunk, and my skin is so soft. LOVE THIS STUFF!

on 3/25/2012 6:15:00 PM

I think some people review things without really thinking before they type and not understanding the ingredients in the product. This has retinols in it...which can be extremely drying if you have sensitive skin or your face is not used to the ingredients. You shouldn't review a product negatively for this. Every retinol product will do this to some people, does NOT mean the product is bad.

Now on to the actual product, it's very good. I have acne/combo skin but want anti-aging ingredients as well so I was happy to find this. My breakouts have not gone away completely (probably won't ever, damn hormones!) but my face did get better and my healing acne looks so much better than it did! I don't see much on the aging issue yet, as it's only been 3 weeks, but I'm hopeful. I also use the moisturizer in tandem. I do not notice a smell like some people stated. It smells like a normal face wash to me!

on 2/18/2012 1:30:00 PM

It's ok I guess. I didn't notice any difference with my wrinkles. A bit too slimy and takes a lot of water to create a foamy lather. I do not recommend this cleanser and would not repurchase.