Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for a couple months now. Overall, it's OK. It gets the job done, and doesn't dry my skin out too much. I HATE the smell, though. The consistency of the product is a little weird too.

Like all 0.5% salicylic acid face washes, it doesn't seem to do much for my skin (I use the Stridex red 2% wipes for that). The % glycolic acid isn't listed, which makes me think that it's pretty low, too. So basically, I have seen no improvement in skin tone or texture. I didn't expect much, though, to be completely honest.

on 6/8/2009 1:08:00 PM

i have used this for a long time.. i like the purposes of the cleanser, it has salicylic acid for acnes and AHA to smooth lines but both of them doesnt do any changes on my skin.. it does cleans face but i dont like the feeling everytime i used it, it is too tight and bit drying.
this is nothing and i wouldnt buy this cleanser.

on 2/2/2008 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Oh man..i wanted to love this. It kept my skin clear but i had a horrible reaction to it. It burned my face sooo bad. It felt like the skin on my face was gonna just fall off. I got horrible whiteheads on the upper part of my chin right under my bottom lip and built up dry skin in the corner of my nose that hurt so bad. My skin started flaking off. It was ah hot mess. I had to skimp on my regular facial moisturizer and use pure jojoba oil to get my skin back to normal.

on 10/15/2007 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this stuff for the first few weeks. My skin glowed and the pores on my nose looked much smaller and less noticable. HOWEVER...the honeymoon wore off when I noticed alot more whiteheads than usual cropping up around my chin and nose area. Then came a couple big, red, painful cystic pimples on my chin and forehead. I went back to my old cleanser and they pretty much disappeared...I switched to a new cleanser and they completely healed. After a month, I tried the Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle cleanser again (stupid!!!) and within hours I had a family of whitehead inhabiting my chin and forehead. I don't know what it is about this stuff, it sort of seems to leave a residue, so maybe its clogging my pores..or maybe its the anti wrinkle ingredients. Whatever it is, I am done with this stuff. At 45, I should be more concerned over wrinkles, NOT clearing up a field of zits. I won't buy this again.

I've tried this cleanser many times. My skin just hates it because it causes breakouts/acne, dries me out, and irritates resulting in redness. Yuck!

on 12/9/2006 10:03:00 PM

I think that this product is doing quite well for me. I just realized that I'm overdoing it with the acne medicated products, however, so I'm going to cut this out of my routine to give my face a break.

My only quibble with this product is the consistency of the product. It's a slimy white goo that I have to chase down because it runs off of my fingers.

on 2/3/2005 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my ultimate HG cleanser and night cream!!! For about 6 mos I had severe acne, I'm not sure why? I spent hundreds of dollars on skincare to clear up my skin. Department store to ProActiv, nothing worked. Finally I tried this and I saw instant results. My skin is now perfectly clear. I don't even have to wear foundation! I Love it sooo much and it's so cheap!

on 6/6/2004 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Overall, I like this cleanser. I do feel it benefits the breakouts I tend to get every now and again. The only drawback, in my opinion, is that it is quite drying.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

ugh! this stuff is gloppy and distributes unevenly (hard to lather up without the glop not falling off your hands) and worst of all - it dried my skin out like crazy. i'll probably save this for my oilier times during the summer months but i after its gone i will not get another tube.

on 1/24/2004 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Does not rinse clean, stings my face and didn't really clean either. No improvment in my clogged pores or fine lines either. Not repurchasing.