Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I normally use Neutrogena's oil-free acne daily scrub, so when I ran out of that, I decided to switch to this product as I do have a few lines on my forehead and bridge of nose I wanted to smooth out. Needless to say, that was a mistake. The area around my mouth/chin was so dry and irritated that I needed to use a mild lotion to calm it down. Also- it did nothing for my acne. So I switched back to my mainstay (the oil-free acne daily scrub that is).

on 4/20/2010 2:07:00 PM

I bought this cleanser since it addressed two things I was concerned about--1. preventing wrinkles; 2. preventing acne. I was using this in the morning only at first and it seemed to work ok (obviously didn't see any noticeable age-prevention) but I still did get some minor breakouts. When I ran out of my gentle cleanser, I started using this morning and night--what a mistake! It's so drying, it's awful! The skin around my eye area is so dry, no amount of moisturizer seems to be helping and my makeup looks scaly & flaky. I had to go buy a hydrating mask to put moisture back into my skin. Maybe going back to only using this once a day will be better, but I think I'd rather go back to my Alpha Hydrox cleanser which seemed to do a better job of preventing breakouts. I don't think I'll be buying this again.

on 10/15/2007 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I loved this stuff for the first few weeks. My skin glowed and the pores on my nose looked much smaller and less noticable. HOWEVER...the honeymoon wore off when I noticed alot more whiteheads than usual cropping up around my chin and nose area. Then came a couple big, red, painful cystic pimples on my chin and forehead. I went back to my old cleanser and they pretty much disappeared...I switched to a new cleanser and they completely healed. After a month, I tried the Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle cleanser again (stupid!!!) and within hours I had a family of whitehead inhabiting my chin and forehead. I don't know what it is about this stuff, it sort of seems to leave a residue, so maybe its clogging my pores..or maybe its the anti wrinkle ingredients. Whatever it is, I am done with this stuff. At 45, I should be more concerned over wrinkles, NOT clearing up a field of zits. I won't buy this again.

on 5/14/2006 1:38:00 PM

Unlike some people here I find this cleanser almost as good as the cream. They both work fantastic together!! Now that the air is getting warmer I know this is going to work great to keep my skin clear and not oily. I found the cleaner diminishes some of the lines on my forehead. I use this cleaner morning+night. I noticed during the first few days of use my nose was getting some dry patches on it, but now it's Ok.
It takes a while to get it to bubble but you only need one little squirt and lather it in your hands for about 5 seconds and it bubbles great. My skin feels so soft and clean when I am done. I got this for $7.99 on sale. Quite a deal and I know it's going to last me all summer.
Way to go again Neutrogena! My skin is clearer and clearer every day!

on 6/21/2005 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is an excellent cleanser! Results are immediate as far as feeling clean, tight, and rejuvenated. The packaging is awful, however, as it is difficult to unscrew a capped tube every time you wash your face. So, what I did was to squeeze out the contents of the tube into a clear plastic pump dispenser (purchased at Walmart for 78 cents) and put it on the bathroom sink. When I prepare to wash my face with this cleanser, I pump it out 2 times onto a loofah pad and then wash my face with it. Super stuff!

on 5/21/2005 10:00:00 AM

I keep coming back to this cleanser after trying other stuff to mix up the routine. This is *the* cleanser that gives me perfect skin immediately--and I mean immediately. I usually have perfect skin (aside from noticeable pores around the nose) as it is, but occasionally things start to look a little weird in places. That's when I know it's time for this wash. Use it once, and several hours later I'm back to normal. No more bumps, no more rednes, and my lines look smoother than before.

Yes, it's a little hard to keep in your hands, but things like that have never bothered me at all (packaging, etc. If the product works, I don't even pay attention to that stuff!)