Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.3

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 5/6/2003 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So far I really like this cleanser. I have been using it day & night for 2 weeks now. It does leave my oily/combo skin a tad tight but nothing unbarable. I do follow up with the Healthy Skin Anti Wrinkle-Anti Blemish mulit vitamin moisturizer and my skin feels good. So far it has cleared up my skin from a stick foundation experiment gone bad. The only things that bother me are the smell, it has a lot of fragrance, sort of a spicy-clean smell and I generally like fragrance in general, just maybe tone this one down. Also the top is a screw off plastic type, it should be a flip type round one not oval which is kind of akward. Also, when the cleanser comes out of the tube I swear its like silly putty because I can toss a small ball between each hand and its hard to mix it with water for a good lather. The directions say to squeeze some out of the tube and apply on wet face, but I did that and the cleanser came right off into the sink. But, once you are able to lather it up, it does a fine job. Price is ok too. Target had it for around $6-$7.

on 5/7/2003 11:29:00 AM

I have very oily, acne prone skin (which, being 30, I thought would have calmed down by now), and this stuff is a godsend! My skin has never been clearer or healthier. It is so soft and smooth. The only thing I don't like is the smell, but I can look past it for the great results it gives me.

on 5/8/2003 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This one's no good for me. My skin is generally oily all over, but I have a few fine lines around my mouth, so I figured I'd give this a try. I figured maybe it would attack my oils without overdrying my skin.

Well, it didn't overdry my skin, but it didn't put a dent in my oils, either. I generally wash my face twice in a row, since with any face wash, once still leaves it feeling greasy. I could've washed my face five times with this stuff and not felt clean, because it feels like it leaves a slick film on my face. It was like I'd washed with extremely soft water. Finally, I just gave up and dried off.

My dermatologist recommends Neutrogena products, but maybe 90% of them seem to do me more harm than good. I won't be buying this one again. Bottom line - didn't budge the oils (so why would I think it would help me, blemish-wise?) and left a weird-feeling film. continued >>

I like this cleanser & have been using it for some time now. I think it is great for my oily/combo skin. My only complaint would be that it is hard to get the cap on & off during use, other wise I use it with an exfolliating sponge and it works great.

I can't say enough good things about this product. I have all my friends hooked on it...even one friend who lives in Turkey that I have to ship it to! I have oily skin and large pores and this works wonders for me. It cleans thouroughly but does not overdry and leaves my skin feeling great. I have tried much more expensive products and this one works better than all of them! This is the only cleanser I will use from now on.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am in my mid twenties so i don't really have to worry about wrinkles yet, but i did notice some lines popping up on my forehead (probably b/c i tend to break out there and over the years have blasted the area with every pimple medication known to man). I started using this and within a week my forehead appeared smoother. the cleanser feels almost like a granular paste, but the particles are so small i still use an exfoliator once a week. I still experience the occasional breakout, but the texture of my skin has improved. I have experienced slight dryness around my mouth and i can't say my skin is flawless, but for a drugstore cleanser this product really worked well for me.

on 8/16/2003 9:04:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

For my 30th birthday I got adult acne. I have always had good skin, so this really took me by surprise. I had used Cetaphil for years - and it was not working anymore. For a drugstore product this is a miracle. I don't have many wrinkles, I started maintenance early on those. My skin is back to normal and even looking a little better than before. Really great stuff! UPDATE!!!! Don't do it!!! I switched back to my Cetaphil. After using this for a month - with the moisturizer - my skin got WORSE. It irritated my skin more than anything I have tried. Good old Cetaphil to the rescue.

on 8/21/2003 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Worst thing I've ever done to my skin was using this. I tried this and the cream, and within a few days my entire face, which only had mild breakouts from time to time, was COVERED in pimples, whiteheads and cysts, and was bright red and painful. I felt like a 15 year old boy - that's seriously what it looked like. It destroyed my skin, I've never had a reaction like this. While I do have sensitive skin, normally this just means a bit of minor redness and flaking, nothing like this.

I won't be trying anything from Neutrogena again. This has been a horrible experince. Stay away!

on 8/22/2003 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This cleanser is perfect for washing my face in the evening after removing makeup with Pond's. I can feel a mild tingle, but this cleanser is very gentle but effective. I don't get dried out like I did with other Neutrogena acne cleansers. This is a keeper! UPDATE: I'm afraid this was ultimately irritaing my skin. Don't know what ingredients were the culprit, but my skin cleared when I quit. Wanted to love this.

on 9/18/2003 2:17:00 PM

I love this product! I had used the anti-blemish anti-wrinkle lotion before and had also loved it. So, I was excited to see the matching cleanser.
I have oily skin that is prone to both little bumpies when not exfoliated, and occaisional breakouts. This made my skin so smooth in a matter of days! I'm only 24, but I still want to be preventative for wrinkles, so I also like the fact that it's anti-wrinkle.
The only bad thing about this product, IMO, is the packaging. I would rather see a flip top cap or pump, b/c the screw on cap is hard to manage with wet or soapy hands.