Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by age: 30-35
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.1

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I really liked how my skin felt after using this but....it's so hard to get it out of the tube and in my hand long enough to cleanse my face! The jelly-cream like consistency was slippery and, more often than not, landed in the bottom of the sink before I could add enough water to lather up. Waste of money

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

When I turned 30 my skin went crazy. oily acne prone, Cyst acne you name it. This product at night with the clarisonic mia is amazing for my skin, in conjunction with bio oil I think its lighten my acne scars. I havent used it in the morning due to the AHA warning but it works great at night.

on 4/10/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Been using this face wash for 4 months now. My skin tone has improved quite abit and seems more brighter. I do notice my acne spots fading alittle, but not much. (I am now using Finacea for that). The AHA's really slough off the dead skin cells on my pimples. I can literally peel them off after washing my face! I have sensitive skin and this did not dry or burn me. I use with my Clarisonic and it really cleans my skin and lathers great. The S.A. content is only 0.5% which is very low compared to the full 2% in most acne cleansers. Which is probably why i don't see much improvement in my acne with this wash. Overall i do like this product but am sad it does not clear up my acne as much as i'd hoped it would! I will continue to use until i find another cleanser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I normally use Neutrogena's oil-free acne daily scrub, so when I ran out of that, I decided to switch to this product as I do have a few lines on my forehead and bridge of nose I wanted to smooth out. Needless to say, that was a mistake. The area around my mouth/chin was so dry and irritated that I needed to use a mild lotion to calm it down. Also- it did nothing for my acne. So I switched back to my mainstay (the oil-free acne daily scrub that is).

on 3/5/2011 4:32:00 PM

I'd had bad experiences with anti-aging products in the past, but was optimistic when I saw this product was from Neutrogena. The first thing I noticed was the weird consistency of the product. When I tried to rub my hands together, it wouldn't lather and would slip through my fingers into the sink. My skin didn't dry out as it had with other products, but it didn't do anything for my acne or give any observable anti-aging benefits.

on 1/26/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This cleanser is shockingly bad. I've used many of Neutrogena's products over the years and have never experienced anything nearly as terrible as this.

Other reviewers have commented on the awful texture of the product, and I couldn't agree more. When this stuff comes out of the tube it is strangely gelatinous and will not break apart or foam up or anything. If you try to rub your hands together to make it foam up or spread apart so you can actually apply it to your face, it resists any effort to make it usable and comes apart in gooey clumps, still in the shape they took when the came out of the tube, that usually wind up in the sink or on the shower floor.

The smell is 100% old lady. And it left my face feeling like alligator skin.

Horrible product.

on 12/31/2010 2:10:00 PM

This product made me breakout, left a film and is so slippery, I've lost lots of it down the sink because it slips off my hand before I could put it on my face.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this cleanser for years and I love it! I like it because I can use it to remove my eye makeup and it doesn't bother my eyes at all. There is no need to do an extra step and remove eye makeup prior to. It also rinses clean and leaves no residue. I have combination skin and it doesn't ever seem to dry my skin. The only negative for me is it is super slippery when you put it in your hand and sometimes slips right off. As long as you have that under controll, it's great. I literally have been using this cleanser for 6 years, I'm 30 with very little wrinkles but whos to say if it's the product or genetics.

on 4/20/2010 2:07:00 PM

I bought this cleanser since it addressed two things I was concerned about--1. preventing wrinkles; 2. preventing acne. I was using this in the morning only at first and it seemed to work ok (obviously didn't see any noticeable age-prevention) but I still did get some minor breakouts. When I ran out of my gentle cleanser, I started using this morning and night--what a mistake! It's so drying, it's awful! The skin around my eye area is so dry, no amount of moisturizer seems to be helping and my makeup looks scaly & flaky. I had to go buy a hydrating mask to put moisture back into my skin. Maybe going back to only using this once a day will be better, but I think I'd rather go back to my Alpha Hydrox cleanser which seemed to do a better job of preventing breakouts. I don't think I'll be buying this again.

on 1/18/2010 8:47:00 PM

This is the first time I have left a review on Makeupalley because this is the hands-down worst cleanser I have ever wasted money on. After a mere two uses, my face and neck are covered in red bumps. My eyelids are dry and scaly. My face feels tight and painful. This product is unbelievably horrible and if you are considering purchasing this, I beg you DON'T!