Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

Filtered by age: 19-24
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Anti-Blemish Cleanser

3.2

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Glycol Distearate, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 11, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance 5/29/09

Amazing stuff!! Helps with acne, and fine lines, not sure about heavy wrinkles since I am young.. but I am sure it would help improve the appearance of wrinkles as well. I never go wrong with Neutrogena! I ran out of this a few months ago, and used another face wash, and at first I didn't notice the effect it had on a few lines that were trying to creep up on me until I purchased this face wash again... and then I noticed a huge improvement in my skin, immediately, like, pretty much after a couple of days after I started using it again, my skin looked so much better!

They say that you are your biggest critic, and I'm probably the only one who noticed those slight lines, but this face wash definitely improved them, even, dare I say, erased them! Will definitely buy this for as long as this is on the shelves, and I pray that they never discontinue this!

This has a very slimy-like texture, almost like a watered down gel, kind of, so it is very slippery! I cup my hand and put a small amount, about the size of a dime into my palm, and lather it up and then apply to my face and rinse it off immediately afterwards. This face wash leaves me with a tiny bit of dryness, so I use a moisturizer after washing my face with this product. I use Neutrogena oil-free moisturizer with 35 SPF during the day and Clean and Clear Dual Action moisturizer at night!

on 11/18/2013 2:25:00 AM

The struggle of hormonal acne made me purchase this and I'm happy to say I enjoy it! Only have been using it for a few weeks but it's definitely helped the condition of my skin. I like the faint scent it has and how easy it is to rinse off. It also contains only 0.5% salicylic acid so I don't worry about drying my face out!

I really like this cleanser. I'm only 20 so I don't really need to worry about wrinkles, but I am getting a few lines on my forehead so I figure starting early on a good skincare regimen wouldn't hurt. I picked this up along with the moisturizer for under 30 dollars at CVS. This, along with the moisturizer, has helped my skin dramatically. I don't know if its the salicylic acid or the retinol but my acne has almost disappeared and my overall skin tone is less red and a lot more even. I will say though this product is very drying so I only use the face wash every few days and make sure I put the moisturizer on as soon as I'm done cleansing. I will repurchase and I would reccomend.

Oh, and the texture is completely freaky but what I do is instead of tryin to lather it in my hands I just put it directly on my face and it's a lot easier to get lathering lol

on 6/8/2010 9:31:00 PM

This stuff is the WORST. I used to only get an occasional pimple on my forehead or chin, usually around the time of my period. After I started using this face wash, I experienced breakouts all over my face, including on my cheeks. Also, I believe my skin became oilier in general because of this product. At first I thought it was hormonal or due to the humidity in my area, but I now believe it is due to this cleanser.

In addition to not helping me out at all, this cleanser has a strange texture. It's oddly gooey and does not really lather well at all. Plus the smell is not extremely pleasant, but it wouldn't bother me if it worked!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for a couple months now. Overall, it's OK. It gets the job done, and doesn't dry my skin out too much. I HATE the smell, though. The consistency of the product is a little weird too.

Like all 0.5% salicylic acid face washes, it doesn't seem to do much for my skin (I use the Stridex red 2% wipes for that). The % glycolic acid isn't listed, which makes me think that it's pretty low, too. So basically, I have seen no improvement in skin tone or texture. I didn't expect much, though, to be completely honest.

on 1/16/2010 4:44:00 PM

I am on day 5 of using this cleanser twice a day. It has a creamy texture and it does lather after about 10 secs of lathering it on my finger tips. So far I'm really impressed. My blemishes (mild acne) are fading and no new pimples thus far.

It has salicyic acid and glycolic acid in it. I have oily skin but I could see this working for dry skin too. Does not feel drying at all!

My skin is still pretty oily, that's why I knocked off a star. I'll update this in a few weeks.

UPDATE: Sadly, I lost this face wash yesterday, so this will be my final update. I don't want to say this face wash dried out my face because it more of got rid of my very oily T-zone. I think this face wash would be good for oily non blemished skin or mild blemishes. Since I have mild acne and started using some BHA products combined with this anti-blemish face wash, it was a bit too drying. All in all, it DID improve my skin. I will try a more mild cleanser next.

on 7/28/2009 6:00:00 PM

Price: too much for something that doesn't work
Packaging quality: it leaks product!
would i repurchase? NO

This product smells, doesn't clear blemishes, i don't really see any difference in my fine lines ony forehead. and to be honest, i was my face in the shower and when im rinsing i occassionally get product in my mouth (yes i leave my mouth open im stupid) but this stuff tastes horrible!! llol so leave your mouth closed!! anyway, i really feel it doesnt work to improve or fix my skin at all. I left 2 lippies because it did clean my face...although it felt kinda slimy afterwards?

anyway, im going to try walgreens aha 8% lotion.

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%)

on 6/8/2009 1:08:00 PM

i have used this for a long time.. i like the purposes of the cleanser, it has salicylic acid for acnes and AHA to smooth lines but both of them doesnt do any changes on my skin.. it does cleans face but i dont like the feeling everytime i used it, it is too tight and bit drying.
this is nothing and i wouldnt buy this cleanser.

on 6/6/2009 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought both the cleanser and cream and started using it right away. Within 3 days I had a horrible bumpy red rash in my T zone.

FYI, it says on the package if you face breaks out in a rash that you should use every other day until rash disappears. I did that but every day I used the cream my face would burn. I do not, by any means, have horrible acne or sensitive skin... But this stuff made my face feel like I had razor rash all over it, everytime I used the products together.

But the rash wasn't as bad as what this cleanser & cream wasn't doing... Controlling my acne and reducing my wrinkles. After a month of off and on rashes and no change in my skin, I threw both into the trash where they belong.

on 5/21/2009 6:23:00 PM

Well, I hardly have wrinkles as I'm all of 22, but I figure prevention is key right? And I have mild acne...(aka hardly any..) but I get those occasional flareups like most people.

So I bought this...and well, I really didnt notice that it did anything good or bad for my skin. Didn't clear anything up, it obviously didnt give me any wrinkles. It was just a very bland product.

I wish there was a neutral overall rating, but 3 is giving it too much credit.

I would note that my skin felt "tight" after washing, which means it was stripping my skin of oils...but it wasn't noticably bothersome. I did not have any adverse reaction to AHA's and I don't wear sunscreen (I know...I know)

I wouldnt purchase again because its pricey face wash with very little to no result.