LUSH Dream Wash

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
LUSH Dream Wash
Dream WashDream Wash

4.2

Calamine Powder , Water (Aqua) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Glycerine , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , *Linalool .

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have used a whole tub of this and while this is something I always keep shower side I don't know if it's something I would reach for every day. I know a lot of people complain about no lather and not feeling clean, I think its important to understand this is a wash for people with dry sensitive skin. You don't need excessive lather if thats the case. I have pretty dry skin, so I like this followed up with Rose Aragon body conditioner. I don't use a bath towel or cloth or loofah I just used my bare hands and scoop it into my hand and rub into into my skin away from the water. so this is best used in the bath and just stand up and lather. I am left feeling clean and fine.

on 1/9/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The invention of a shower "smoothie" is brilliant! This is so much nicer than shower gels (which can be so drying) or shower oils, which make a mess and get all over towels. I was staying with my cousin and Dreamwash was in her shower. Of course I had to give it a try! I wasn't crazy about the strong lavender scent, at first, but when I felt this on my skin, I didn't care what it smelled like. My skin gets dry and ashy in the wintertime, from indoor heating, etc. My skin is slow to absorb moisturizers and I hate the feel of sticky lotion on my skin during the daytime. It winds up getting on my computer, in my hair, in my clothing...yuck. In the morning I shower with Dreamwash, lightly rinse and pat dry and I am moisturized, soft, and comfortable all day long. I use this everywhere but my face. Dream Wash feels luxurious, and I am amazed at how soft my skin feels. It has its "glow" again. This leaves my skin feeling nourished, but it doesn't leave a "coating" like other dry-skin cleansers (i.e. Cetaphil). Now that I associate the lavender scent with comfort, I enjoy the fragrance, and I find it soothing. I've read reviews where people complain about the lack of lather in Dreamwash. I don't think it's supposed to lather much, because it's not for oily/greasy skin. Dreamwash is formulated for people who would use products like Cetaphil or Vanicream, because other cleansers sting and/or irritate their skin. I don't really "need" to use Dreamwash, because my skin isn't sensitive. I use it because I love what it does for my dry skin. The effects last 10x longer than washing with liquid Cetaphil or wipe-off cleansers.

The photo here shows a pink cream in the container. My Dreamwash is white, with a slight pink tinge, but it is not the bright pink shown here. I'm guessing an older version had more dye in it.

on 2/2/2012 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Got this as part of the Season's Greetings Christmas gift set. And just love it. It is creamy, and very soothing, and I've read that some people even use it as a facial cleanser and even to wash their 'lady bits' (as some reviewer on another site put it). For me, I've been using it to, well, as a wash (with water of course) for after I've been to the toilet (sorry if it's too much info... ), and it's been very good and soothing. I guess it's because of its calamine lotion. In a way, it's like a cream version of Fresh Farmacy, and I think most of the ingredients bear out too. Will definitely repurchase as I just love the texture.

on 5/28/2010 3:23:00 PM

I originally purchased this to replace a shower gel and wanted to try something new that would be good for dry, sensitive skin. It has a light non-descript floral scent, is pink "goo", has natural ingredients and comes in a black tub. For a shower wash, I wasn't too impressed with the results, considering the cost and for showering purposes I would not repurchase but would repurchase for another reason - helps with bug bites (only read on if interested about bug bites).
Dreamwash isn't as moisturizing as I wanted and it was going to be a return, until I got a large mosquito bite. I figured, it has calamine powder and other good skin stuff so I scooped a little and put it on the bite.
Well, it worked GREAT!! It stopped the irritation and was definitely easier to use than 100% calamine lotion, which leaves your skin with dried pink spots where applied, needs cotton balls, etc. I rewash if the irritation reoccurs and a little goes a long way. Dreamwash reduced the inflammation to help my skin heal faster. If you use this with Coalface Cleanser, the results are even better! Coalface has "active charcoal" which also helps treat bug bites. (You can read more about active charcoal & bug bites, scroll down under "Tips and Warnings" at this site: http://www.ehow.com/how_5117810_administer-activated-charcoal.html ) Would repurchase for this reason!
PROs
-Very slight moisturizing
-Light scent, not overbearing
-Great for bug bites, reducing inflammation
-Natural ingredients, i.e. calamine, chamomile, etc.
-LUSH has a great return policy
CONs
-Not as moisturizing as other LUSH products
-Pricey at $19.95
-Tub allows for germs to get in, need a scoop

on 1/17/2005 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

fabulously decadent product, horrible packaging! It's like a creamy lavendar smell, very soothing, without a lot of lather.