LUSH Dream Wash

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
LUSH Dream Wash
Dream WashDream Wash

3.9

Calamine Powder , Water (Aqua) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Glycerine , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , *Linalool .

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have used a whole tub of this and while this is something I always keep shower side I don't know if it's something I would reach for every day. I know a lot of people complain about no lather and not feeling clean, I think its important to understand this is a wash for people with dry sensitive skin. You don't need excessive lather if thats the case. I have pretty dry skin, so I like this followed up with Rose Aragon body conditioner. I don't use a bath towel or cloth or loofah I just used my bare hands and scoop it into my hand and rub into into my skin away from the water. so this is best used in the bath and just stand up and lather. I am left feeling clean and fine.

on 5/15/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I started taking medication that made my skin very itchy. I am not one to repurchase products too often, but I am on my 3rd jar! This made the skin on my arms and legs go from maddeningly itchy to absolutely not itchy at all.

I had received this as a sample without smelling it or even looking at it really for that matter. All the girls in Lush were raving about it and put the little sample in my basket without even asking me, which I really don't mind, I'm not going to say no to free ;)
The next time I showered I took this in there with me thinking I'd give it a go. The smell is HORRID to me, I couldn't even put it on my whole body. I put it on my arm and had to rinse off immediately. I have heard that this is super moisturizing, but I just could not get past that dirty earthy smell. Too bad.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is marketed as a body wash, but I have used it as a face wash. It has the same ingredients as Fresh Pharmacy but is a creamy wash. I like that it calms my skin. What I don't like is that rinsing it off does leave a residue. I do recommend this for sensitive and acne-prone skin. But, I would only recommend it once a day. You will want to use an exfoliator or something that will take off the residue. It doesn't clog pores, but it does feel like it leaves a slight layer -- even with the use of a wash cloth. All in all though, this is a good product and totally worth a try.

on 6/5/2010 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the ONLY thing my son can use on his skin! His skin is ALWAYS itching no matter what, he doesn't seem to have eczema or rashes or anything, just skin that never stops itching! I've tried everything on it I tried moisturizing him with oils and lotions but he can't stand them, and after a few hours he still itches anyways. But I actually was so lucky as to get a tub of this for free, good thing too because I never would've thought to buy it. And it worked a MIRACLE on his skin, it's the only thing I can use on his skin and not have him spend the whole day scratching away. Someone said it's like calamine cream, well the tub is a whole lot huger than a teentsy little tube of calamine cream, and it doesn't leave pink patches, and it really cleans too. A real life-saver this wash!

on 3/21/2010 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I ordered this product online just for the sake of trying LUSH' shower smoothie.After 3 times of using it as a regular body wash,I was about to conclude my thoughts on this product (which was not so good)...until one night I suffered intense itching from my arms up to my upper back.I put some lotion on which was my usual method of "calming" down my skin..didnt work.Washed my arms with cold water and soap..didn't work either.Finally decided to give Dream wash a try.. as soon as I apply the smoothie on my skin,I felt instant relief on my skin. I washed it off and surprisingly the itchiness was gone!I was extremely impressed!!I love the consistency of this product.. yes, it doesn't lather very well, but its very gentle on the skin which makes this perfect for those who have dry, sensitive skin. I love the smell of calamine, very refreshing and clean. The only downside to this product is the packaging,comes with a tub which is quite unsanitary and the price of the product is quite on the expensive side in my opinion. But this product WORKS! Its definitely worth a try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

contrary to many reviews... i actually do love the smell of dreamwash/angels on bare skin/fresh farmacy (same family of LUSH scents)... it smells... herbal, and organic, not air-freshener-y. i get DRIED lavender hops and chamomile tea, mainly, and something faintly dusty (calamine?). i also love the smell of dream cream, which is slightly different. i don't get any rose at all, although that's one of the ingredients.

overall... it doesn't do what it says it should do... i don't find that it was good as a body wash for my sensitive, itchy, dry body skin. actually, the calamine left a filmy sort of feeling, which i think made me scratch at my back even more.

like a lot of people say, it doesn't moisturize very well... and it left me feeling kind of powdery (?) and tight, like my skin had shrunk! since it doesn't do what it says it will do, one star off for that...

the packaging is also kind of hard to open in the shower when your hands are slippery, i would have preferred this in a squeezy tube (like the rest of their shower gels) or in a dispenser with a pump type thing.

that being said, not all is lost for dreamwash - i've found two uses that it actually works miracles for. the first one is for the boys - for those of you that get very irritated when you shave, try using dreamwash instead of your shaving cream/gel. it's less irritating, and it left my best guy friend's face soft & free of nicks, bumps and ingrowns.

for the girls (and actually, boys can do this too) - this stuff will clear up any zits fast. i have sensitive skin that is confused - dry sometimes, but breaking out at the first sign of neglect (e.g. if i sleep without properly removing makeup or don't cleanse/moisturize properly).

i was recommended fresh farmacy to treat those flare-ups, but while fresh farmacy worked pretty well, i was disappointed by the chalky texture and lack of a creamy base (like angels on bare skin mixed with ultrabland, my HG cleanser - i don't mind if it doesn't foam, but i do like a bit more "slip").

dreamwash is the answer - it has calamine and aloe vera to soothe soreness/itchiness (and any parts you may have picked at, naughty naughty!), it has lavender, rose, chamomile and tea tree oils to calm & disinfect the zits, and is very very creamy. it IS a BIT drying (but don't get me wrong, it does leave your skin soft!), like i mentioned, but the point is to clear up clogged pores and breakouts anyway, but for some reason, it doesn't feel as dry as it did on my body (maybe because of the surface area involved?).

i take a dime to quarter size blob (after having removed my makeup with ultrabland), lather it up a bit with a tiny bit of water, massage it over my wet face, and pat dry. i follow with eau roma toner, grease lightning on the spots that are giving me trouble, and top it off with a bit of celestial to moisturize.

since it's not scrubby, but creamy, it doesn't hurt when you try to wash over those bits that i've inevitably picked/tried to squeeze, but it still does its job. when my skin heals over, i switch back to my regular angels on bare skin :). with this, it takes 2 days or so to nurse my skin back to normal with moderate/mild breakouts, and about 5 days to a week with horrible zits that are very deep in the skin, which is pretty good for something that doesn't have anything in it that non-chemistry majors can't pronounce.

i also love that since it's not harsh on my sensitive skin like benzoyl peroxide or concentrated salicylic/glycolic acids, there is no redness or irritation on the parts of my face that don't break out.

so all in all, i would buy this again to use on my face, as a face soap, but it kind of sucks as a body wash - stick with a creamier LUSH product (i love noubar & i should coco soaps, and flying fox shower gel), or use a thicker cream! continued >>

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

When my face feels ridiculously itchy from allergies & dust flying everywhere, I wash my face with this cleanser. It helps alot with the itchy redness & helps to soothe skin flare ups. Overall, I think the product works great and a little goes a long way but the packaging is just inconvenient.

on 6/17/2008 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. I have extremly sensitve skin that will break out very easily. Dream Wash is super gentle and has a really mild herbal scent. I live in Miami, FL it's super hot and sticky here so sometimes I hate using lotion because it leaves me damp and clamy feeling but ever since I have been using the Dream Wash I haven't need to use lotion it leaves me soft and clean and not tight at all. A little advice: I HATE the packaging it is messy and I find it unhygienic, so I put my wash in a bottle. It lasts longer and doen't get watery or nasty from sticking your fingers in it. I will buy this product again it is worth the price. I also want to try the Dream Cream in combination with the Dream Wash.

on 1/24/2008 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is excellant, i have used lots of products to get rid of white spots i get, i exfoliate and cleanse, previously i was using the dermalogica range and have just about tried everything, but this is the best, my friend who is a docter recommended this to me, was a bit dubious at first but i have used half a pot and it has made tremendous improvements to my skin.

I use this with dermalogica's gentle cream exfoliater and i really do have fabulous skin, its cheap too, i will buy again and again. (i think this along with Honey are my favourite skincare regimes).