LUSH Dream Wash

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
LUSH Dream Wash
Dream WashDream Wash

3.4

Calamine Powder , Water (Aqua) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Glycerine , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , *Linalool .

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very very disappointed with this however I can see how others would like it. I have v v dry skin and after using this my skin felt even more dry than ever. I stopped using it and instead decided to keep it in the fridge for after the sun sometime. Sure enough, a few sunny days the other week resulted in me having a bit of sunburn on my arms - I used it but again it really did v little for me and my skin was so dry after! I can imagine if you have oily skin this might help but I will never use it again. My arms were so so dry after :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this wash though it just doesn't quite cut it for me. Here is why:

- though this is marketed towards more drier/ sensitive / irritated skin types it's actually very moisture stripping.
- it's very heavily scented.
- it's difficult to use as the texture is runny and doesn't lather really so it's easy to waste a lot of it.
- the jar packaging isn't really practical, if you use it in the shower then water will get into it further liquefying the product and it's feels somewhat unsanitary to be constantly dipping your hands into a jar of product.
- it irritated my skin to the point of having some red patches on my cheeks and chin.

This was a definite miss for me which is a shame since I had high hopes.

on 12/16/2013 8:52:00 PM

I am in LOVE with this stuff. I love it as a body wash but I use it as a spot treatment for the eczema around my nose and within a week my skin has been soooo much less dry and itchy. And I actually adore the earthy smell. Fantastic.

on 12/7/2013 2:45:00 AM

I would give this five lippies if my only criterion was pleasure on normal, healthy skin without sensitivity. I love the smooth clay based texture which leaves my skin squeaky clean and lightly moisturized at the same time, and the slight herbal smell with a touch of lavender. However, this does not deliver anything the sales assistant told me it would. For one thing, I used it while shaving thinking it had calming properties and boy, did it sting! Secondly, I was told that this would easily get rid of the rather mild back acne I got from a Kerastase conditioner. It did nothing. Altogether it is kind of nice if you are using it on healthy, normal skin but so is my Dove Shea for the fraction of a price.

This was my first LUSH purchase and now I am absoultely obsessed with all things LUSH! My skin is very very dry in the winter and after shaving my skin itches so bad I could scratch it raw! I tried this because the lady at the store said it was soothing. I am in love with it! I put it on after I shower and the follow it up with the Dream Cream lotion as soon as I get out and my legs feel wonderful! I would highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive, dry, itchy skin. I won't take a shower without it and have one in all of my travel bags and in the shower at my boyfriend's. Love it! I also like the packaging because if you bring 5 pots back to the store you get a free fresh face mask!

on 1/31/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Lush's Dream Cream for a few weeks and it's made such a difference to the dry, sensitive skin on my legs. When I saw the Dream Wash the last time I was in the store I picked it up immediately, imagining it to be a creamy, extremely moisturizing wash, something that would compliment the cream and make the soothing effect even better.
This doesn't really seem to do this at all. When I first opened the tub the thick cream and soft pink colour looked lovely and I imagined it would be quite oily and smooth. However, when i scooped some out it wasn't what I was expecting at all. The product has a slightly cool feel to the touch, it feels colder than a normal shower gel, if that makes any sense. The texture is also extremely strange, I think the best way I could describe it would be that it's kind of waxy or like putty. If you were to press the product lightly with your finger and then take it off, nothing would stick to your finger at all. It doesn't glide well over my skin when I rub it on and doesn't seem to lather. I'm sure it's still doing it's job but the lack of any sort of lather doesn't quite give me that 'clean' feeling when i've finished showering. Once I rinse off, my legs are still left with a kind of powdery residue and feel slightly dry rather than soft and moisturized as I has expected. My legs get quite badly irritated after I epilate and I've noticed that this had improved recently, although I'm not sure whether this is down to the Dream Cream alone. The Dream Wash certainly hasn't made things worse, but I can't help thinking that given the product's powdery texture and the slightly drying effect, it would be more suitably marketed towards oily, acne-prone skin than someone with sensitive, dry, flaky skin. My boyfriend has oily skin and gets a little acne on his back. He's tried this out and thinks that it has actually dried up those little spots and his back does in fact look clearer. It's not exactly that this doesn't work for me because as I said it doesn't irritate at all, it's just that it doesn't give the gentle moisturising relief I was hoping for.
The smell is subtle - soft fresh lavender with a touch of tea tree - and i find it fresh, natural and really pleasant

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm on the fence with this one. I didn't really hate it, but I didn't love it either. The smell isn't bad. I'm pretty sure it smells like calamine and I couldn't really pick out any other prominent scents. I didn't find it did anything for the bumps I get on the back of my upper arm, which was the main reason I bought it, so that was a little disappointing. However, everyone is different, so I can't give this a horrible scoring based on that. The one thing that really bugged me was that I tended to lose a lot of this down the drain. It just didn't want to stay on the wash cloth or my skin long enough for me to rub it around. I ended up using it up pretty quickly because of that. Maybe I'm just a little special when it comes to using this sort of product...? Either way, it was frustrating and I felt like I was contaminating the pot every time I got more out, which I probably was. I did feel clean afterwards and no irritation from this at all, but it's not worth it for the price and results for me.

PROS - nice smell, non-irritating
CONS - pricey, didn't help calm my skin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is marketed as a body wash, but I have used it as a face wash. It has the same ingredients as Fresh Pharmacy but is a creamy wash. I like that it calms my skin. What I don't like is that rinsing it off does leave a residue. I do recommend this for sensitive and acne-prone skin. But, I would only recommend it once a day. You will want to use an exfoliator or something that will take off the residue. It doesn't clog pores, but it does feel like it leaves a slight layer -- even with the use of a wash cloth. All in all though, this is a good product and totally worth a try.

on 5/6/2010 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

okay i think lush should market this product as a face wash..............i use dreamwash at night on my face ..it removes makeup and its great i just luv it..its a great alternative if u like aqua marina or fresh farmacy..i bought this pdt bcoz my neck gets itchy sometimes and this gives me instant relief...one lucky day my order for aqua marina and fresh farmacy was delayed so i used this and whoa.........my skin felt so smooth and it gave me a fresh healthy glow .. i use this regularly as a face wash and now i dont get a single pimple or whitehead on my face its like a miracle for me and plus the tub will last me for ages so its more economical .my grease lightning started working on my spots since i paired it with dreamwash..it works wonder on my skin ..i just luv it .thank u lush;-)

on 11/3/2009 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know... Didn't find this wash very dreamy at all. I like flowery scents, but this one is flowery the old fashioned herbal cosmetics style. Not totally vomit inducing, but not pleasant enough to motivate me to think the price tag is OK. If you want a soothing, dreamy-like wash soap like this, I'd recommend Almond and Coconut Smoothie instead.