LUSH Dream Wash

Filtered by skin type : Normal
LUSH Dream Wash
Dream WashDream Wash

3.4

Calamine Powder , Water (Aqua) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Glycerine , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , *Linalool .

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very very disappointed with this however I can see how others would like it. I have v v dry skin and after using this my skin felt even more dry than ever. I stopped using it and instead decided to keep it in the fridge for after the sun sometime. Sure enough, a few sunny days the other week resulted in me having a bit of sunburn on my arms - I used it but again it really did v little for me and my skin was so dry after! I can imagine if you have oily skin this might help but I will never use it again. My arms were so so dry after :(

on 4/4/2013 6:52:00 PM

This is not the most moisturizing shower smoothing, but it's perfect for a descent into dream land. I love the lavender, and my body reacts well to calamine. I actually use this as shaving cream (a bit expensive, I know). But it works really well, and always leaves my legs and arms smooth and soothed. It's more effective if you put it on out of the shower stream, and let it sit for a bit longer than you would normally have shaving cream sit. I follow up with king of skin after I shave in the shower, and my legs feel silky soft.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

DESCRIPTION:
LUSH USA: "We know how difficult it can be to find products for troubled, and easily irritated skin. That’s why we’ve spent years creating, and perfecting our gentle and skin calming Dream Wash."

LUSH UK: "Designed to be incredibly gentle but actively soothing. Take the heat out of troubled, sensitive skin. Perfect for every day of the year - but essential after sun burn."

~
TEXTURE/SCENT:
The texture is firm and you can pick some up like ice cream, without the melting. You need to have wet/damp skin when rubbing this in or it won't really budge... The scent is a very overpowering lavender scent, which didn't appeal to me at all. Even my boyfriend, who usually loves lavender, though this was too much.

EFFECT:
This started BURNING my legs just as I put it on. I still suffered a few minutes before washing it off. After that my skin didn't feel even the slightest moisturised, actually my legs felt even drier than before. I have (not overly) dry skin to begin with, and I'm usually not sensitive at all.

I literally laughed out loud when I read the description. Soothing? Calming? Gentle? Made for easily irritated skin? Is this a joke?
I would recommend Ro's Argan Body Conditioner instead, which has a lovely scent and leaves the skin moisturised.

This was my first LUSH purchase and now I am absoultely obsessed with all things LUSH! My skin is very very dry in the winter and after shaving my skin itches so bad I could scratch it raw! I tried this because the lady at the store said it was soothing. I am in love with it! I put it on after I shower and the follow it up with the Dream Cream lotion as soon as I get out and my legs feel wonderful! I would highly recommend it to anyone with sensitive, dry, itchy skin. I won't take a shower without it and have one in all of my travel bags and in the shower at my boyfriend's. Love it! I also like the packaging because if you bring 5 pots back to the store you get a free fresh face mask!

on 6/5/2010 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is the ONLY thing my son can use on his skin! His skin is ALWAYS itching no matter what, he doesn't seem to have eczema or rashes or anything, just skin that never stops itching! I've tried everything on it I tried moisturizing him with oils and lotions but he can't stand them, and after a few hours he still itches anyways. But I actually was so lucky as to get a tub of this for free, good thing too because I never would've thought to buy it. And it worked a MIRACLE on his skin, it's the only thing I can use on his skin and not have him spend the whole day scratching away. Someone said it's like calamine cream, well the tub is a whole lot huger than a teentsy little tube of calamine cream, and it doesn't leave pink patches, and it really cleans too. A real life-saver this wash!

Did I just pay £8 for some Calamine lotion in a pot? Yes, yes I did. Ho hum.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is really helping me with itchy, dry, crazy winter skin issues. It works well, however, the container is a bit awkward for showers. The product isn't really a product to lather, but rather to rub down with and soothe the skin. Try placing a large dab of the product on the lid, then using the lid as a "palette" in the shower. It's best to apply the product, leave it for a minute or two, then rinse it off. It definitely soothes troubled skin. I also recommend following up with Dream Cream lotion. A great combination for winter.

on 8/29/2008 12:53:00 PM

After having tried the Dream Cream I wanted to try the Dream Wash as well. After a week of trying it I really like it a lot. I like the scent, which is very similar to the Dream Cream one. However, the product is kinda expensive considering you cannot use a tiny bit of it. This jar will not last me a very long time. And the packaging itself is terrible! Not very suitable for taking into the shower cabinet. Handling the jar in the shower is a hassle. I would want them to come up with a much better packaging for this product. Because the product itself is very good! Feels very moisturizing and as I've mentioned, I love the scent

Honestly, I am not sure I am going to repurchase it. The bad packaging and the high price are big downsides with this product. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

When my face feels ridiculously itchy from allergies & dust flying everywhere, I wash my face with this cleanser. It helps alot with the itchy redness & helps to soothe skin flare ups. Overall, I think the product works great and a little goes a long way but the packaging is just inconvenient.

I'm on the fence about this bodywash. I give it 5 lippies for the product itself. It is an extremely gentle yet effective cleanser, and it works incredibly well at soothing my skin when I have eczema flairups. It doesn't strip your skin of its natural oils like many body cleansers would, yet it cleanses my skin extremely well. However, it is REALLY expensive for what it is and I find you need to use up quite a bit of product with each use. It certainly is *not* cost-effective. Also, the packaging is TERRIBLE. The black dye on the packaging runs all over the place when wet -- not good when the interior of your bathroom is white. So be sure to wipe the container dry as soon as you get out of the shower. I will continue to purchase this bodywash, but unfortunately, my budget does not allow me to repurchase on a regular enough basis. I will have to resort to buying it only when my eczema is at its worse. Dream Wash combined with using Dream Cream works wonders for those times when my skin condition flairs up.