LUSH Dream Wash

LUSH Dream Wash
Dream WashDream Wash

3.4

Calamine Powder , Water (Aqua) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Glycerine , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , *Linalool .

on 5/3/2003 4:41:00 PM

This turned out to be a good find. The Dream Wash smells heavily of caladryl lotion and other medicinal scents, so don't expect a sweet and floral fragrance. This is for those who need some serious soothing assistance with problem skin in the bath, like case of road rash, or summer funky rash. The container has lasted a good long while because a little goes a long way. The texture is a thick, creamy, pink smoothie, which glides onto trouble skin, cleansing it very softly and gently, without being harsh. I am a busty woman and try as I might, it's hard to keep the cleavage and under-bust area dry and smooth in the hot summer months. I get what I call "bra rash" from just having so much damp boob flesh all summer. A little handful of Dream Wash in the shower under the bustline and anywhere else you have hot sticky parts, works absolute wonders. Sooths my troubled skin and wards off that tell-tale rash that comes from having a heavy bra on delicate flesh in a sweltering hot office. A keep for those mornings and evenings when I need a pharmacy in my shower.

on 1/9/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The invention of a shower "smoothie" is brilliant! This is so much nicer than shower gels (which can be so drying) or shower oils, which make a mess and get all over towels. I was staying with my cousin and Dreamwash was in her shower. Of course I had to give it a try! I wasn't crazy about the strong lavender scent, at first, but when I felt this on my skin, I didn't care what it smelled like. My skin gets dry and ashy in the wintertime, from indoor heating, etc. My skin is slow to absorb moisturizers and I hate the feel of sticky lotion on my skin during the daytime. It winds up getting on my computer, in my hair, in my clothing...yuck. In the morning I shower with Dreamwash, lightly rinse and pat dry and I am moisturized, soft, and comfortable all day long. I use this everywhere but my face. Dream Wash feels luxurious, and I am amazed at how soft my skin feels. It has its "glow" again. This leaves my skin feeling nourished, but it doesn't leave a "coating" like other dry-skin cleansers (i.e. Cetaphil). Now that I associate the lavender scent with comfort, I enjoy the fragrance, and I find it soothing. I've read reviews where people complain about the lack of lather in Dreamwash. I don't think it's supposed to lather much, because it's not for oily/greasy skin. Dreamwash is formulated for people who would use products like Cetaphil or Vanicream, because other cleansers sting and/or irritate their skin. I don't really "need" to use Dreamwash, because my skin isn't sensitive. I use it because I love what it does for my dry skin. The effects last 10x longer than washing with liquid Cetaphil or wipe-off cleansers.

The photo here shows a pink cream in the container. My Dreamwash is white, with a slight pink tinge, but it is not the bright pink shown here. I'm guessing an older version had more dye in it.

Where to begin? I'm allergic to soap. I know, Crazy talk! But seriously, Soap turns my skin into a nightmare of angry burning, itchy,and a painful horror show. Even Dove.. I was using baby wash for a while but that wasn't helping either.

Truth be told I loves me some scented body washes too. But can't use them. My dermatologist recommended this to me and I dove into my car and peeled out to the nearest LUSH to get my hands on it. HG stuff right here. It smells medicinal which I could do without but it saved my skin from the brink of death!! I have my skin and sanity back thanks to this little pot of magic. The corresponding dream cream is also a life saver. My skin is soft and supple like a babies bottom thanks to the two. I will repurchase this until the day I die..

on 5/15/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I started taking medication that made my skin very itchy. I am not one to repurchase products too often, but I am on my 3rd jar! This made the skin on my arms and legs go from maddeningly itchy to absolutely not itchy at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely adore Lush, so when I picked up a sample of Dream Wash I was excited to try it out. Well, my skin was feeling sort of dry and itchy and had a few red blotches and my boyfriend was on his way over, so I figured I'd try it out then slather myself in lotion. As soon as the product made contact with my skin it started to burn and itch really badly! When I got out I spent maybe half an hour rubbing eczema cream and baby lotion on my skin, but it was too late... my little splotches had turned into MASSIVE bright red dry patches covering my arms and neck. I was so embarrassed because my skin was itching like crazy and looked just horrible. A week later I'm still making a slow recovery. I obviously have incredibly sensitive skin to begin with, but I would NOT recommend Dream Wash to anybody.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is marketed as a body wash, but I have used it as a face wash. It has the same ingredients as Fresh Pharmacy but is a creamy wash. I like that it calms my skin. What I don't like is that rinsing it off does leave a residue. I do recommend this for sensitive and acne-prone skin. But, I would only recommend it once a day. You will want to use an exfoliator or something that will take off the residue. It doesn't clog pores, but it does feel like it leaves a slight layer -- even with the use of a wash cloth. All in all though, this is a good product and totally worth a try.

Amazing face wash! Only thing I can use on my acne-prone skin! Calms redness and soothes at the same time, smell doesn't bother me at all an leaves my skin squeaky clean! I know it's a body wash but works so much better as a face wash! Especially if you suffer from acne or redness!

This is so bad. The smell is almost vomit-inducing for me since I really hate florals. I might have a skin allergy to rose since Dream Cream and Angels on Bare Skin don't work for me either. This irritated my non-sensitive skin. I can use Buffy every day but one wash of this made my skin so dry and itchy, that I just gave it to my mom after one wash. This was a disappointment since I am a huge LUSHie. This was the first thing I got from them that I didn't like.

on 1/31/2011 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Lush's Dream Cream for a few weeks and it's made such a difference to the dry, sensitive skin on my legs. When I saw the Dream Wash the last time I was in the store I picked it up immediately, imagining it to be a creamy, extremely moisturizing wash, something that would compliment the cream and make the soothing effect even better.
This doesn't really seem to do this at all. When I first opened the tub the thick cream and soft pink colour looked lovely and I imagined it would be quite oily and smooth. However, when i scooped some out it wasn't what I was expecting at all. The product has a slightly cool feel to the touch, it feels colder than a normal shower gel, if that makes any sense. The texture is also extremely strange, I think the best way I could describe it would be that it's kind of waxy or like putty. If you were to press the product lightly with your finger and then take it off, nothing would stick to your finger at all. It doesn't glide well over my skin when I rub it on and doesn't seem to lather. I'm sure it's still doing it's job but the lack of any sort of lather doesn't quite give me that 'clean' feeling when i've finished showering. Once I rinse off, my legs are still left with a kind of powdery residue and feel slightly dry rather than soft and moisturized as I has expected. My legs get quite badly irritated after I epilate and I've noticed that this had improved recently, although I'm not sure whether this is down to the Dream Cream alone. The Dream Wash certainly hasn't made things worse, but I can't help thinking that given the product's powdery texture and the slightly drying effect, it would be more suitably marketed towards oily, acne-prone skin than someone with sensitive, dry, flaky skin. My boyfriend has oily skin and gets a little acne on his back. He's tried this out and thinks that it has actually dried up those little spots and his back does in fact look clearer. It's not exactly that this doesn't work for me because as I said it doesn't irritate at all, it's just that it doesn't give the gentle moisturising relief I was hoping for.
The smell is subtle - soft fresh lavender with a touch of tea tree - and i find it fresh, natural and really pleasant

on 5/28/2010 3:23:00 PM

I originally purchased this to replace a shower gel and wanted to try something new that would be good for dry, sensitive skin. It has a light non-descript floral scent, is pink "goo", has natural ingredients and comes in a black tub. For a shower wash, I wasn't too impressed with the results, considering the cost and for showering purposes I would not repurchase but would repurchase for another reason - helps with bug bites (only read on if interested about bug bites).
Dreamwash isn't as moisturizing as I wanted and it was going to be a return, until I got a large mosquito bite. I figured, it has calamine powder and other good skin stuff so I scooped a little and put it on the bite.
Well, it worked GREAT!! It stopped the irritation and was definitely easier to use than 100% calamine lotion, which leaves your skin with dried pink spots where applied, needs cotton balls, etc. I rewash if the irritation reoccurs and a little goes a long way. Dreamwash reduced the inflammation to help my skin heal faster. If you use this with Coalface Cleanser, the results are even better! Coalface has "active charcoal" which also helps treat bug bites. (You can read more about active charcoal & bug bites, scroll down under "Tips and Warnings" at this site: http://www.ehow.com/how_5117810_administer-activated-charcoal.html ) Would repurchase for this reason!
PROs
-Very slight moisturizing
-Light scent, not overbearing
-Great for bug bites, reducing inflammation
-Natural ingredients, i.e. calamine, chamomile, etc.
-LUSH has a great return policy
CONs
-Not as moisturizing as other LUSH products
-Pricey at $19.95
-Tub allows for germs to get in, need a scoop