LUSH Dream Wash

LUSH Dream Wash
Dream WashDream Wash

3.4

Calamine Powder , Water (Aqua) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Glycerine , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , *Linalool .

on 5/3/2003 4:41:00 PM

This turned out to be a good find. The Dream Wash smells heavily of caladryl lotion and other medicinal scents, so don't expect a sweet and floral fragrance. This is for those who need some serious soothing assistance with problem skin in the bath, like case of road rash, or summer funky rash. The container has lasted a good long while because a little goes a long way. The texture is a thick, creamy, pink smoothie, which glides onto trouble skin, cleansing it very softly and gently, without being harsh. I am a busty woman and try as I might, it's hard to keep the cleavage and under-bust area dry and smooth in the hot summer months. I get what I call "bra rash" from just having so much damp boob flesh all summer. A little handful of Dream Wash in the shower under the bustline and anywhere else you have hot sticky parts, works absolute wonders. Sooths my troubled skin and wards off that tell-tale rash that comes from having a heavy bra on delicate flesh in a sweltering hot office. A keep for those mornings and evenings when I need a pharmacy in my shower.

on 5/3/2003 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is super thick creamy calamine wash for your skin. It has a very lavender-y scent and has the look and consistency that reminds me of smooth plaster. It is very calming and refreshing. I would probably buy this again but it is very expensive! No votes for the new black tubs it comes in though. I want my screw top containers back!

on 5/14/2003 6:01:00 PM

This is an okay body wash. The smell is typical of LUSH. The texture is rather creamy, which is good, and it doesn't dry out my skin at all. I hate the packaging though because it's not convenient for the shower, at all.. You have to scoop it out which creates a big mess and the lid is kinda hard to put on. It's a good body wash but I would not buy it again.

on 7/13/2003 8:22:00 AM

Smells great, like typical LUSH products and really moisturizes my skin :) Leaves my skin super soft. I use dream cream after i use dream wash, and it's fantastic!!

on 7/15/2003 7:22:00 PM

Well there are other faves that take precedence over this.It's okay but not spectacular.Sort of medicinal scent(calamine) but I haven't really appreciated its beneficial effects.

on 1/20/2004 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I wanted to try this b/c I like Lush's Dream Cream so much and b/c I need a more gentle soap in the winter. This comes in a tub and looks like a thick pink paste but it's really very soft and creamy and easy to use. No harsh textures or anything so it feels nice and mild. I don't feel as dry as I sometimes do after showering b/c there's no lather to strip away the moisture in my skin. The smell is just like Dream Cream: faint and mildly medicinal but not in a bad way. It actually sort of smells like tea. I only use this once in awhile but it would still last a long time since a little goes a long way.

on 5/2/2004 3:15:00 PM

While I worship Narcotik above all other shower type potions for the purpose of antibacterial/soothing purposes, Dream Wash is (was?) a spectacular product (and this is coming from someone who wasn't all that keen on it's parent product, Dream Cream.) It smells and has a texture very much like Dream Cream and feels so sublime going onto the skin - especially abraded, itchy skin such as mine after waxing or shaving. One of the few soap/gel type products I've repurchased from LUSH, which is saying alot since they create new ones so frequently to tempt the buyers devotion away.

Love it for sunburns! This is very thick, and is just like a mixture of fresh farmacy & dreamcream. It's very soothing and leaves your skin very soft. I actually use this on my face also in the wintertime or when my face gets a little red.

on 9/13/2004 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Dream wash is lovely cause it has calamine, and psychologically speaking, I associate calamine with soothing and healing. Though my skin is super sensitive and it did sting a little when my back was really irritated. I love this so much and need to stock up as I went through it so fast. It is pink and thick, no suds and no frilly smells. Only drawback is Lush has the worst packaging, but I would still repurchase nonetheless.

This is one of the few LUSH products I dislike. It's pretty soothing and moisturizing, but all I can smell in it is the calamine, which seriously grosses me out. With that said, lots of people like it, so maybe it's just not for me.