LUSH Dream Wash

LUSH Dream Wash
Dream WashDream Wash

3.4

Calamine Powder , Water (Aqua) , Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) , Rapeseed Oil , Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) , Glycerine , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Hydroxide , Fragrance , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , Sodium Chloride , EDTA , Tetrasodium Etidronate , *Linalool .

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I have used a whole tub of this and while this is something I always keep shower side I don't know if it's something I would reach for every day. I know a lot of people complain about no lather and not feeling clean, I think its important to understand this is a wash for people with dry sensitive skin. You don't need excessive lather if thats the case. I have pretty dry skin, so I like this followed up with Rose Aragon body conditioner. I don't use a bath towel or cloth or loofah I just used my bare hands and scoop it into my hand and rub into into my skin away from the water. so this is best used in the bath and just stand up and lather. I am left feeling clean and fine.

on 1/9/2017 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

The invention of a shower "smoothie" is brilliant! This is so much nicer than shower gels (which can be so drying) or shower oils, which make a mess and get all over towels. I was staying with my cousin and Dreamwash was in her shower. Of course I had to give it a try! I wasn't crazy about the strong lavender scent, at first, but when I felt this on my skin, I didn't care what it smelled like. My skin gets dry and ashy in the wintertime, from indoor heating, etc. My skin is slow to absorb moisturizers and I hate the feel of sticky lotion on my skin during the daytime. It winds up getting on my computer, in my hair, in my clothing...yuck. In the morning I shower with Dreamwash, lightly rinse and pat dry and I am moisturized, soft, and comfortable all day long. I use this everywhere but my face. Dream Wash feels luxurious, and I am amazed at how soft my skin feels. It has its "glow" again. This leaves my skin feeling nourished, but it doesn't leave a "coating" like other dry-skin cleansers (i.e. Cetaphil). Now that I associate the lavender scent with comfort, I enjoy the fragrance, and I find it soothing. I've read reviews where people complain about the lack of lather in Dreamwash. I don't think it's supposed to lather much, because it's not for oily/greasy skin. Dreamwash is formulated for people who would use products like Cetaphil or Vanicream, because other cleansers sting and/or irritate their skin. I don't really "need" to use Dreamwash, because my skin isn't sensitive. I use it because I love what it does for my dry skin. The effects last 10x longer than washing with liquid Cetaphil or wipe-off cleansers.

The photo here shows a pink cream in the container. My Dreamwash is white, with a slight pink tinge, but it is not the bright pink shown here. I'm guessing an older version had more dye in it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very very disappointed with this however I can see how others would like it. I have v v dry skin and after using this my skin felt even more dry than ever. I stopped using it and instead decided to keep it in the fridge for after the sun sometime. Sure enough, a few sunny days the other week resulted in me having a bit of sunburn on my arms - I used it but again it really did v little for me and my skin was so dry after! I can imagine if you have oily skin this might help but I will never use it again. My arms were so so dry after :(

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this wash though it just doesn't quite cut it for me. Here is why:

- though this is marketed towards more drier/ sensitive / irritated skin types it's actually very moisture stripping.
- it's very heavily scented.
- it's difficult to use as the texture is runny and doesn't lather really so it's easy to waste a lot of it.
- the jar packaging isn't really practical, if you use it in the shower then water will get into it further liquefying the product and it's feels somewhat unsanitary to be constantly dipping your hands into a jar of product.
- it irritated my skin to the point of having some red patches on my cheeks and chin.

This was a definite miss for me which is a shame since I had high hopes.

on 5/15/2016 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I started taking medication that made my skin very itchy. I am not one to repurchase products too often, but I am on my 3rd jar! This made the skin on my arms and legs go from maddeningly itchy to absolutely not itchy at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This body wash really is a dream for dry, sensitive, and irritated skin. It has helped heal eczema, hives, dry patches, and acne on my body. I have repurchased this only twice because one jar can last months. It's made with calamine powder so it smells like calamine powder but I promise the smell doesn't stay on the skin. The texture is thick and sorta of feels like your rubbing lotion into your skin instead of a body wash. It really does clean the skin though. This is also amazing if you have gotten sunburned or have had an allergic reaction to something. I also like to use this as a shaving cream for my sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate me at all.

*Tip* If your skin is really irritated use with Lush's Dream Cream.

on 12/7/2013 2:45:00 AM

I would give this five lippies if my only criterion was pleasure on normal, healthy skin without sensitivity. I love the smooth clay based texture which leaves my skin squeaky clean and lightly moisturized at the same time, and the slight herbal smell with a touch of lavender. However, this does not deliver anything the sales assistant told me it would. For one thing, I used it while shaving thinking it had calming properties and boy, did it sting! Secondly, I was told that this would easily get rid of the rather mild back acne I got from a Kerastase conditioner. It did nothing. Altogether it is kind of nice if you are using it on healthy, normal skin but so is my Dove Shea for the fraction of a price.

on 2/11/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This product was great for my sensitive skin and the smell was nice, but the way I came across the product was less than ideal. First off, the woman at my local LUSH would not leave me alone while I was in the store and wanted to rub every single product on my arms. The water she used was cold and obviously dirty. As if to make things worse, she rubbed this product into my arm so hard that I BRUISED close to the inside of my elbow. Not to say that this product is bad because I actually like the soap I just felt pressured into buying it, therefore it had a negative feel to it every time I used it. I love LUSH's products but I don't like their business strategies. I probably will not use this product again because of the bad vibes and because of the price.

I would also like to point out that I am not mad at the woman who sold it to me, rather the company's practices. It is pretty common knowledge that LUSH doesn't treat their employees very well and really pushes them to sell the product.

Pros: This product smells beautiful! I would wear this scent as a perfume if they sold it. It makes a decent lather (if this is something you look for). It has a lovely pink colour. It is slightly moisturizing. Cons: If you have particularly sensitive skin (like myself) I wouldn't recommend this. It would often cause my skin to sting, especially if I used it while shaving. My friends without sensitive skin haven't reported any problems with this, so I imagine this is just an issue for those who are sensitive. Considering as this is marketed towards people with sensitive skin or eczema, I think this is a pretty serious con for this product. The other main negative is price. In Australia this costs $25.95 for 250mls, which in my opinion (as a university student) is pretty expensive. If a product was amazing and did wonders for my skin, then yes I would pay that, but for this whose only main benefit is a nice smell, it is not worth it.

on 12/16/2013 8:52:00 PM

I am in LOVE with this stuff. I love it as a body wash but I use it as a spot treatment for the eczema around my nose and within a week my skin has been soooo much less dry and itchy. And I actually adore the earthy smell. Fantastic.