3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

Delightful!! Esp seeing as this is the Xmas season in a cold clime this smells esp refreshing...it's like gardenia & tan lotion & very beachy just like Maui at the end of January. A vakay in a bottle. I am def buying this in perfume form. I looooovvvvvveeee this!! My first BB purchase, this smells sooo-o good & sporty, unique, the closest I've come to this scent is EL Bronze Goddess but it doesn't have the gardenia aspect. This is simply lovely. I put it on my pulse points & in my hair, on dry patches like elbows & knees, I am one very happy customer esp for the price! This was actually in my price range, which most things I want from Macy's cosmetics dept are not. I need this in my life!!

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

2.0

7 years ago

Smells ok,but the ingredients include lots of baddies like parabens and who knows what in the mystery "fragrance." Given Bobbi Brown is an Estée Lauder line I suspect there is an old-school approach to the BB product formulations.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairRed

EyesBlue

3.0

8 years ago

I have found some pros and cons to this product but I do like it overall. I was hoping to try the fragrance but the department store I was at was out of the perfume, so I decided to try the body oil instead. I generally love body oils, my favorite (so far) being Rice Dry Oil by Fresh. I was sick of all the cozy/spicy/candy scents that accost me every holiday season and the thought of a warm, beach-y scent lingering on my skin was very appealing to me, so I pulled a "to me from me" and bought the oil along with the rest of my Christmas gifts! I would consider the texture to be mid-weight. After showering and patting myself dry, I applied the oil all over. I'm not too thrilled with the packaging. As others have said, the mouth of the bottle is too big and I was afraid of dropping it. One must also be very careful not to pour out too much, as a little goes a long way. The scent is much more sophisticated than I was anticipating. It did remind me a bit of the Neutrogena body oil I used to buy as a teen but much more refined and subtle. With my chemistry, this wasn't a plastic-y, coconut, coppertone scent. Rather than smelling like suntan lotion, thoughts of tiare flowers, sand and salty ocean air came to mind. As for staying power, I got dressed immediately after and the scent lingered all day long. I am not a fan of highly fragranced oils so the subtlety of the scent was perfect for me. However, this oil was not as moisturizing as I would like. I wouldn't say I have dry skin but toward the latter part of the day, my skin felt on the dry side and not as though I had moisturized with a higher quality body oil. Overall, I do enjoy this oil and the sophisticated, beach-y scent but as a body moisturizer, I wasn't thrilled with it. I do love the scent and the soft sheen it gives my skin but I will probably end up using this over a body lotion. I don't think I will repurchase but if I do, it would be for the way it fragrances my skin and nothing else. I haven't yet decided if I find the price worth that. We'll see.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

I love anything with Bobbi Browns beach fragrance, but you must be ever so careful with this one! If you work too much as I do and have a shaky hand at times this might not be for you. The combination of that, a glass bottle, and oily hands can be dangerous. It caused me to end up with a broken bottle of oil and a very beachy smelling bathroom! Would I buy it again? Of course! ;) A plastic bottle with a smaller opening would be even nicer?

About reviewer (78 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3.0
from

10 years ago

I bought this in a desperate attempt to "layer" the Beach fragrance so it would last longer than 20 minutes on me. The combination of a glass bottle; a large, pour-out opening; and wet slippery hands is not a good one. I returned this after a couple close calls with spilling and near misses with dropping on the tile. Also, it did nothing to help the perfume spray last. I do think this is a gorgeous looking bottle but is completely impractical for the purpose.

About reviewer (387 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

11 years ago

Yummm...I love this smell. It reminds me very faintly of jasmine, gardenias, and coconut. It's such a relaxing smell to me. I really enjoy this oil because it makes the skin glow, but it does not look greasy at all. I apply it lightly to avoid a greasy feeling, and the oil absorbs quickly leaving the skin supersoft with a nice shean. I took off one lippie because I think the packaging could be improved a bit. The opening is kind of large for oil, so it's easy to accidentally pour a lot of this stuff out. Maybe a smaller opening would be a bit better. Additionally, I find that the smell fades quickly. Within an hour of applying, I can barely smell the Beach fragrance that I enjoy so much. I might check out the perfume or body lotion to try layering for a longer lasting scent.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

11 years ago

I love this! It does smell like Coppertone, but better. It does fase quickly on me also, but I kinda like that because if I want to use a body oil before (or at ) work it will not be a distinctly beachy smell all day. Overall I am very pleased with this product.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

12 years ago

i love this product! i am a BB beach fanatic! i have the sandbar, body oil and the perfume.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

12 years ago

At first glance, the colour of the oil is nice, so i tried it out. The smell matches the beach-like colour contained within. I personally like the smell, it's warm-like and kinda remains me of sun tan lotion, only more expensive and better. My skin is left smooth and smelling tanned and beachy! love it

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

13 years ago

Love this! Love any clean or beach scented item. Love body oils because they work well as a perfume/skin treatment. This is really awesome and when I heard the price, I was pleasantly surprised. And I was nervous at first because I knew I had to have it, at any price- which is the way I buy most skin items that I love, no matter what the price. Try it.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43