Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips

Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips

3.7

Polyquaternium 37, Silica, Water, Glycerin, PEG 12 Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Tea Tree), Menthol, Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Witch Hazel)

on 9/8/2017 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have very oily skin, and my nose always seemed to look darker and clogged, no matter what kinds of cleansers or masks I used. It made me insecure about my makeup-free face because my skin tone looked uneven. I also never believed in pore strips because I thought there was no way it could really get the gunk out of your nose. I tried one that my cousin gave me from Daiso and nothing came out, so I was pretty skeptical when I finally picked these up.

But these are pretty amazing! The trick is to leave this on for a while (but not too long!) and then slowlyyyy peel it off. It'll be super gross yet satisfying because you can see everything come out of your nose. The first time I used it, so much stuff came out! I only use this every 2-3 weeks, so I'll only need to repurchase this every 3-4 months.

I have noticed a difference in my skin; I feel like my skin tone is more even, my nose looks cleaner, and my pores look a little smaller! I will say, I do agree with one of the reviewers who said that these might open up pits in your skin that will fill up again, so I try to use my toner, moisturizer, and serum right after in the hopes that my pores will absorb the products up.

I don't think this is the best for your skin in the long run, but if you're as desperate as I was to try to clear your pores, these might work for you! Just don't use them too often and make sure you do the rest of your skincare routine afterwards. :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

These are completely totally ineffective for me. Honestly I felt like it did no more for me than putting a piece of kleenex on my nose. I guess after reading some of the reviews I should just be thankful these did not irritate my sensitive skin or have any other strange reaction. But honestly I saw/felt nothing with these. I even held the strip up to the bright light, looking for any thing to show up. Nada. I have better luck with a mask type of product.

on 10/7/2016 8:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I think pore strips are a great short term fix for black heads because they get rid of what's visible to the eye and clears up visible congestion- however since reaching my mid 20s and getting serious about skincare and anti aging I have started getting q-switch laser facials on a regular basis (every 6-8 weeks). My beloved skin specialist Dr advised that the problem with extraction methods is that they do not reduce the size of the pore because it's simply removing the gunk inside- and by doing so leaves tiny pits in the skin that will just fill up again with blackheads (an endless cycle)- plus extraction methods cause the risk of infection and scarring. The best way to combat blackheads for good is to reduce the size of the pore permanently by creating collagen as well as exfoliation. So methods like laser, micro needling and chemical exfoliants are 100% the only way to reduce the size of pores and get rid of blackheads for good. I used to love pore strips but now that I'm older my focus is about improving and preventing premature aging and pore strips simply have no skin care benefits to the skin

on 11/6/2014 9:07:00 PM

I love these and have loved them for years. I use them after steaming my face slightly to open the pores before applying. For even better results I apply a clay masque first to draw the impurities to the surface, then steam and apply the strip. I reckon they get about 80-90% of the gunk out for me.

on 12/13/2016 11:23:00 PM

I purchased a six-count pack of these at Target for $6 and change. I used one after washing my face in the shower, so my skin was clean and warm. After following the directions, I peeled this off and saw a pretty decent amount of comedones on the strip. That part is effective; however, the overall effect of this product was not positive for me. My nose became very sensitive after using this product for over a day, and putting on my moisturizer stung. There were red blotches on my nose which persisted for a few hours, and it ripped up some dry skin in the corners of my nose. Finally, the nail in the coffin was the fact that this made my pores very enflamed and looking bigger, even though the sebum was removed. I would recommend this product if one is trying to detox the skin, but it does not improve the appearance of pores (at least in the short term). I may come back and edit this review if using the rest of the strips ends up making a positive impact on my pores and skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The wetter your nose when you apply a pore strip, the longer you leave it on, and the more slowly you pull it off, the more gunk it takes with it. I wait until it's so stiff that it's starting to lift off on its own. I follow up with a Dickinson's Witch Hazel Toner. I use one once every two weeks, alternating with my MUAC 50% glycolic peel.

I use this once a week. It's amazing. I works only on my nose.

on 5/20/2014 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this, used to use it a while back. Recently purchased them again. These work over time, maybe a month or so. Recommended use is once a week. For best results I would recommend to use a mud/clay mask once a week (such as glamglow) and instead of regular face wash use a very light scrub versus a harsh scrub once a week (mainly for dry skin.) I like products like this where you can actually see what its doing (the strip after you pull it off shows what has been removed.)

on 5/28/2014 9:41:00 PM

Oh dear god I hate these. Acne treatments weren't working for me for my blackheads so I figured I would try something like this to purge everything from my skin. Saw the great reviews these had, so I decided to buy them.

First time I did them, I followed directions exactly, and even looked up reviews and tips online to make sure I was doing it the best way possible. It sure felt like it was working when I had it on, but as soon as it got hard i could not get them off (had one nose one on and one on my chin). I was in tears trying to get them off, I thought it was ripping my skin completely off because it hurt so bad. I ended up dipping my face in warm water to resoften them, and got them off. No gunk came out with them but I figured it was because I wet them.

I admit I didn't do well that time, so about a week and a half later I gave it another try. Looked some more stuff up online, reapplied them. Same thing, was HORRIBLE pain trying to rip them off my face. I figured this time, maybe the pain is just all the crap and gunk being yanked out of my face. Maybe it's a good thing and I just have to deal with it. So I force myself to just slowly tear them off, and I find that between the two strips, it pulled out TWO blackheads.... Two. Not to mention this time, it left gunky white goo all over my face.

It's been half an hour and my nose still burns and tingles. Will never use this product again, my other 20 strips are already in the trash

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use these once a week with the understanding that they're psychologically therapeutic more than they're doing anything to improve my skin; it's refreshing to take a shower and just hang out with one of these on my nose afterward, rather than rushing to get dressed as usual. I know the blocked pores in my nose are sebaceous filaments and not blackheads; I'd still rather see them on the strip than not. To use, I wash my face in the shower with warmer water than usual, get out, dry my hands, open the packet, and apply carefully, smoothing it down as much as possible starting from the center and moving towards the edges. I keep it on for at least 20 minutes, then s-I-o-w-l-y peel the strip off, starting at the edges this time - it's important to be gentle doing this, since pulling it off roughly or quickly can cause those tiny capillaries in your nose to look angry and red. Finally, I gently wipe off the residue with a warm, wet washcloth, then splash with cold water to close my pores again. Your nose and face really have to be clean, and the pores preferably open, for pore strips to be effective - you could certainly wash and steam your face before using these, but I feel that using right after a long shower is the most practical method.