Kiss My Face Instant Sunless Tanner

Little to no odor
Realistic color
Paraben free

Cons-
Color can be somewhat blotchy
Slighty orangey hue (not bad though)
Color is not quite as dark as I would like

Great product for hurried people who don't want to spend a lot time applying self tanner,

I was tired of having pasty white legs in the summer, so i decided to give this a try. I love that the ingredients are natural. The consistency is a little sticky...
It may be that i'm just not applying this correctly - but it streaked like CRAZY all over my body. It also came out very dark in some places, but barely made a difference in others. So now i'm left soaking in baby oil, trying desperately to get it to fade :(
I think i'll try a Mystic Tan before i rebuy this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

niiiice... too bad i had to get this in a swap, i don't even know if it's being made anymore or where to get it, i've never seen it in a store here! i like that it contains no animal ingredients, no artificial colours and was not tested on animals. it is also pH balaced and 100% biodegradable! :) great stuff... plus the second ingredient (after water) is aloe vera gel, the fourth is walnut shell extract and the sixth is green tea extract... the last is mango-nut fragrance oil! *yum* this stuff goes on so smoothly and easily as a brownish see-through gel, dries quickly, and leaves me with legs that look softly tanned instead of pale winter white... awesome! best of all, i can put it on anytime and leave it on cos it doesn't have any offensive odor at all!

This provides ZERO color! I have super fair skin so any hint of color is very visible on me. I applied it many times over a weeks period to my whole body and not once did any smidge of color appears. I tried one l layer first and went to sleep and woke up w/ no color. I tried applying 2 coats after waiting for the 1st to dry and went to sleep and woke up w no color again. The third and fourth nights I applied between 3-5 coats after each one drying in between and NO COLOR!!!! Not sure how anyone could seriously get results from this! I have a normal skin type and even the crappiest tanners have provided a hint of color after so many applications. In addition to this not working the product's texture is not pleasant as it's the texture of wee old jello. Very runny gelatin feeling consistency. It most definitely does not smell fruity. At best it's a sweeter smell of the normal self tanner & the scent does not dissipate very much after drying. It also does not let you see where it was applied contrary to what the packaging reads. Though the tanner is a bronze color that color completely disappears once it touches the skin. Again, I have fair skin so a deep bronze would be noticeable and it hits my skin and poof! The color becomes clear and I have no idea where I just rubbed it in if not rubbing section by section. The only positive is it dries very quickly. Luckily this was cheap, but I will not be buying again!

on 6/29/2003 3:49:00 PM

I like this product and it gave a great tanned color with its gel consistency, but for some reason, it took forever to dry on me, and still felt sticky when dry. But, it you are looking for a cheap self tanner and aren't looking to get dressed immediately (or not until after you're "tanned"), then this is a good option for you. I probably wouldn't purchase again only given its stickiness after putting it on.

on 6/24/2003 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Oh my gosh, what a fantastic product; smells delightful (like pineapple, if at all), easy to apply, dries like lightning, virtually non-sticky, CHEAP, and leaves a nice golden color on my PPP skin. I prefer this to last year's favorite, Clarins gel, in every way, except maybe intensity of color. Love it!

on 5/2/2003 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a great sunless tanner, especially if you're fair-skinned. It's a lightweight gel that has a hint of color. It's not dark enough that you can see where you're applying it, so if you're looking for a "streak guard" sunless tanner, this isn't it.
The two best things about this product are the scent (light and fruity, like mangoes - not that typical sunless tanner stinkiness) and the fact that it dries quickly (10 - 15 minutes, max). The color develops over several hours. I apply this before going to bed and when I wake up, my skin has a nice, soft, *natural* glow. You could apply a few coats over the course of many hours to get a deeper color, too. If I want my arms & legs to be dark, I often opt for Neutrogena Sunless Tanning Foam (in deep dark, or some such shade-one coat gets me pretty tan), then apply the Kiss My Face tanner to the backs of my hands and tops of feet. That way, I don't get the super-dark, tell-tale hands & feet that give away a "fake" tan.