Ponds Ponds Nourishing Moisturizing Cream

Ponds Ponds Nourishing Moisturizing Cream
Ponds Nourishing Moisturizing Cream

3.9

WATER, MINERAL OIL, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, PETROLATUM, GLYCERIN, CERESIN, STEARIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, SORBITAN OLEATE, TRIETHANOLAMINE, LAURETH-23, FRAGRANCE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, CARBOMER, METHYLPARABEN, BHT, TETRASODIUM EDTA, DISODIUM EDTA, FUCUS VESICULOSUS EXTRACT, APPLE FRUIT EXTRACT, GRAPEFRUIT FRUIT EXTRACT.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I read a comment where someone said they used this at night and forgot until they were wondering why their skin was super silky the next morning. exactly. I bought the little jar for 1.50. I have some of the other ones but have never used them daily, mostly out of laziness. but after a few nights of using this before bed, I'm in love and will remember to use every night. it hasn't broken me out, makes my skin super soft, my makeup goes on smoother in the morning and I like the smell and richness of it. no complaints here.

on 11/28/2016 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

So I bought this thinking I could use this under foundation or overnight to hydrate my skin. I bought this because I have very dry winter skin. After using this for 2 weeks I realized it was just leaving a greasy look if I wear it under foundation and it was not hydrating properly overnight. Personally I would not re-purchase this even for the price point.

Great scent, smells like flowers, not too strong of a scent either. Doesn't bother my sensitive skin (although this may vary for others). Good for applying after a (slight) sunburn.

on 2/15/2016 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I applied this at night and woke up with smooth skin and I have no idea how that is possible. I have had tiny bumps, a monstrous cystic pimple on my cheek and another spot between my brows that have been there for almost two weeks. AND I am acne prone and oily, and it is that time of the month. The next morning after applying this my skin was completely smooth? So confused, but very happy. The bumps are shrinking! The moisturizer is sticky on the skin at first but easy to spread. I use this all over--EXCEPT the eyelids. It was fine around the lids the first time, but later gave me a rash. Then again, it's not made for the eye area. A little goes a long way. It has a pretty prominent floral scent to it, with sort of plastic-y undertones, but I don't mind it; it does fade after setting in. I got this despite being oily-skinned because it is winter and I felt I needed a thicker moisturizer for my cheeks, but it is nice for the day, too (used sparingly) when I want a glowier and more natural look. The big jar might last me a lifetime, and it was a fantastic value. I wish it came in a tube, though. I just use hand sanitizer before touching the stuff.

Update: It's somehow too harsh for use day AND night. I use it every now and then at night, or else I get some wierd bumps on my nose and cheeks.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My everyday HG moisturiser! I use this twice a day and my skin is so soft, supple and blemish free. It really does hydrate my dry skin and makes it feel so smooth, it also doesn't react with my sensitive skin. I found it extremely good price-wise for the amount of product and lasts me a while. I haven't had any problems from this moisturiser and will continue to use!

on 1/22/2015 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am having an exceptionally great experience with this product. HG material not only for your face but heels - yes you heard me your heels! This stuff is super rich and thick but I don't feel it's sticky at all. Lifesaver for both my face and heels. Gentle on my dry aging skin, no sensitivity issues. May be a little too rich for the summer or for those gals with normal skin. As for my heels - My heels have completely transformed from being embarrassingly rough, dry, deep cracked to perfectly smooth and soft. I love products that multitask! Trust me, I have tried dedicated foot creams and this blows all of them away. I have also tried this as a body cream and also loved it and would consider buying the big jar to make it more economical the divvy into smaller more sanitary jars for face or heels. I wish this came in a tube because I don't think dipping fingers in a jar is sanitary, but I have found small jars of ponds in the trial size isle so I have separate jars. This product is easy to find, effective and affordable. 2 thumbs up!

on 9/27/2014 9:30:00 PM

I got this in a travel size for a long flight a while back when I didn't have any other rich moisturizer because I figured an old-school cream would be good for the dry environment on planes. Which it is--I rather like the texture actually and don't find it oily or unpleasant, it sinks in well and hydrates. (Reminds me of Nivea, not the little blue tin one, but the one in the plastic jars, kind of whipped but thick.) But it gives me little red flat pimples on the cheekbones. It's probably the Isopropyl Palmitate which is a 4 on those comedogenic lists and is featured pretty prominently here. I use it occasionally on forehead, neck, and backs of hands.

The fragrance is a bit harsh to me, so that could be off-putting for someone who doesn't like scents or who might react to them with skin irritation. But on the plus side the scent is not particularly feminine, so it could work for a man.

Yeah, it comes in a jar, not a squeezy tube, but I kind of dig the shape of the jar and might save it to reuse later for something. The label is not stuck to or printed directly on the packaging, it's like a wrap that goes around.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This isnt my favorite moisturizer but it is def a cheap and great one! I have a horrible oily T zone but my chin gets disgusting and dry. Making all my makeup just grab at it. This works really well on my dry spots. I cant use it all over because it's too oily. Wish it came in a pump so I wasn't digging my hands into it.

I usually use the Ponds Dark Spot Correcting (Pink bottle) but sadly it was out of stock. I decided to give this one a try. I used it before bed the first time. The cream itself is very thick and feels sticky on the skin. The next day I noticed all it did was give me an oilier nose. I figured I would just use less on my nose area. On the second day, oh boy! My forehead had little bumps and my nose and its surrounding area was even more oily! I stopped using this and I eventually got the pink Ponds and the bumps disappeared after a few days. This product is definetly not for me. Maybe people with dry skin can benefit from this product.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

so I really wanted to like this as a bed time moisturizer. I like the way it feels going on. Its smooth. Makes my skin pretty soft the next day. Smells fine and isnt overpowing. You only need a little to spread around. I cant wear it on my whole face tho. The two nights I tried I got up with oil around my nose and chin and a few pimples that weren't there before. I still give it a good review tho because I think its just not for my skin. I will probably use whats left on my neck and chest and hopefully it wont break me out. I only got the travel size so I didnt spend too much money on it.