The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 11/27/2018 6:19:00 AM

My co-worker has been raving about this shower gel so much that I just had to try it (it has been a long time since I used Body Shop shower gels!). The smell is delicious, it smells like a real pink grapefruit - tangy, fruity and fresh. It doesn’t have an artificial or chemically fragrance and isn’t too sweet either. It’s a great summer scent, light and zesty. It lingers somewhat on the skin, and I was surprised about how long it lingered in my bathroom post shower - around 2 hours! A little goes a long way, as the texture is fairly thick. It lathers easily and creates a soft foam. It isn’t as hydrating as I generally like my body washes to be, but it is very refreshing and makes you feel squeaky clean. It is perfect for sweaty summer days! I also think it would be a great one to use in the mornings to perk you up. I am definitely a fan of this shower gel. The price is affordable and the product is cruelty free, which are huge pluses in my eyes!

on 4/2/2017 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used the Body Shop shower gels for many years, and they are one of my favorites. It's a bit pricey, but I use it for several months (I have the large size, I think it is around 700 ml). I like most of the scents they have, but this pink grapefruit is a bit strange. The scent lingers for less than 30 minutes, and the pink grapefruit scent reminds me of how my sweat smells. I don't know what to think, it doesn't smell bad or anything but it's a bit weird. I won't buy this specific scent anymore, but I will continue to buy other TSB shower gels and hope that their other scent won't remind me of how my sweat smells. 😂

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I bought this along with other Body Shop products over the Summer when they had their BIG SALE on. I initially didn't like this but it grew on me over time. The scent is a very original pink grapefruit and is very zesty and fresh and refreshing and just....juicy, if that makes sense! The smell also lingers on for about 30 minutes after I take a shower which is something I personally love. I use this as a morning body wash as it gives off that refreshing, wake me up vibe and it lathers really well as well as a little going a very long way. It isn't particularly moisturising but it doesn't dry out my skin, which I really appreciate. I've been using my 750ml tub for roughly 3 months now and have just hit halfway point so really, I find it value for money in terms of the amount of usage. I bought my tub on sale so was about £8, I wouldn't have paid the full price of £12 as I would be able to get other better performing products for much less. I would repurchase this on Sale but not any time soon, I have 10 bottles of different BS gels in the largest size they come in 🙈

on 6/8/2016 8:25:00 PM

Wow, this smells so fresh and fruity, a very authentic pink grapefruit scent with nothing else added. The shower gel is thick and rich, so a little goes a long way. I bought 2 jumbo sized ones at TJMaxx for $10 each, normally they cost $20. I'm using one as a hand soap, I like it that much. The mist is also nice, but I noticed the lotion in the pump bottle and the body butter smell a little off, so I'd test these before buying. The shower gel and mist are fantastic, though.

on 7/31/2015 6:48:00 AM

The smell is delightful, but the product itself is rather drying. Foam is average too.

on 6/22/2015 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The smell is so so so unique and fresh I'm sure I've never smelt anything as pleasant as that. Watery but lathers surprisingly well so only a small amount is needed. Unfortunately I won't repurchase as the smell doesn't stay on your skin AT ALL, as much as I like it I want people to know that I smell good. Got the tiny sample as a members gift, pity it only comes in the jumbo packaging which I don't like, also why I didn't purchase it.

on 10/17/2014 9:19:00 AM

loved the smell :) dont have much to say about the quality of the shower gel itself, in all honesty it is just regular shower gel that yes, smells awesome but price point is a little high for what we're getting. would repurhase on sale though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my shower gel, while my husband is using the Satsuma one. I also own Olive ones that I use on interval days. The smell of grapefruit is fantastic, aromatherapeutic and not too overwhelming. It actually makes my skin feel softer after every wash. One pump on my loofah is all needed for a total whole body wash. It lathers a lot. It is so delicate that it will wash off without leaving a residue and leaves the skin with that desired soft sweet smell long after I get out of the shower.

I even used it as a shampoo when I needed a total hair cleansing whenever it gets too oily during hot days . Amazingly it doesn't strip my hair dry! But of course, always apply conditioner after. Love the smell on my hair after. I can go 3 days without washing and I can still smell it on my hair.

I bought the jumbo sized bottle. It lasts a long time and looks lovely in my shower. Overall, a very lovely product that makes me feel so feminine and sexy. Would definitely buy again.

on 6/24/2014 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love the scent (Pink Grapefruit and Satsuma are 2 of my Body Shop faves) so I have to get this when it was on sale. I prefer a more hydrating (cream-wash) type body wash now that I am (ahem) aging but for summertime this is a refreshing choice and is only slightly drying. (I slather on lotion after I shower). Wish they made this (and other scents) in a cream-wash or in-shower moisturizer type formula. (Especially when winter comes!)

on 6/24/2014 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like the scent - it's very juicy and a great morning pick-me-up. The bottle I got, though, has a pump that I thought would be more convenient. Wrong! The pump is too small and close to the bottle to easily get my shower pouf underneath it. Other than that, this is a fine shower gel - it lather up nicely, rinses cleanly, and doesn't dry out my skin.

Popular Gels/Soaps