Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation

Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation
Luxiva Lasting FoundationLuxiva Lasting FoundationLuxiva Lasting Foundation

4.1

Titanium Dioxide (8%), Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Butylene/Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Polyglyceryl-3 Disostearate, Polyethylene, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylene Brassylate, Benzyl Alcohol 011405

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing. I strayed away from this product because it's about 40 minutes to the Merle Norman store but what a disaster that was. I have very oily/ acne prone skin and this works so awesome for my skin. I do not experience break outs with this makeup. I also don't look like a oil slick at the end of the day. I get about 7 hours of wear with this foundation. I love love love this product, it is kind of pricey but well worth the infest intent and I feel a little product goes a long way :)

I have tried NUMEROUS liquid foundations-from extravagantly priced to drugstore and this is "finally" my go to foundation. It lasts until I take it off and covers great. You only need a small amount for med to full coverage. I top it with Merle Norman loose face powder or sometimes with their Ultra Powder if I want maximum coverage. I will not stray again.

on 3/13/2017 9:39:00 PM

I love this stuff. It matches my skin perfectly (I have the color cream) and it gives me almost a glow. I wish it covered a tiny bit better since I'm going through yet another hormal change (hello menapause, I see you coming for me) and my acne is starting to return. The expert touch setting spray that I use smells amazing and really does help make sure this foundation doesn't break up. I highly doubt I'll switch to another foundation for a long while.

I do agree with another reviewer, that a little goes a long way. It takes me a while to go through one of these tubes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used it a handful of times, and I only use it during show performances. I wouldn't wear for everyday, though I'm sure you could. The plus side is it doesn't make my skin itch and break into hives after a performance (this happened with Revlon - never again and the cyst wouldn't go away for a couple months). I bought the cream and liquid from Merle Norman, I don't have an allergic reaction thus far. I also use the cold cream to remove everything afterward. Once a week, I will use the pink mask from Merle Norman. Having to struggle with acne from using bad makeup, I'm glad I switched. I recently also bought the foundation powder to set my foundation. The lady who sold me this also sold me the angle foundation brush. I use the brush for liquid only. For cream, I use a beauty blender with a makeup setting spray. My color range is NC30-35, and I've been matched with Alabaster Beige. So far in pictures, I don't see white casting and I would recommend working the foundation in because it does dry fast. I doubt they would discontinue this product, but if Merle ever does, I'll be sure to send them a long email explaining how they may lose a customer. I also use Embryolisse Hydra-Mat as my primer, as the sales person advised on at least a primer before apply liquid or cream.

UPDATE: Once the foundation is applied, it tends to get HOT backstage. So I have to resort to using a fan. It feels like I'm wearing a mask when applied. I noticed when I didn't apply this foundation for a casual dance party, I was sweating bullets. I have not sweat bullets when using this foundation. I have been using this foundation for over six months. This foundation is definitely SWEATPROOF, and is useful for stage makeup or photoshoots. I use the cold cream from merle norman to remove the makeup. On days when I don't use cold cream, I use make up wipes. It takes a couple makeup wipes to remove this, my regular makeup remover from lancome, and finally my face wash with my regular face cleanser.

on 3/2/2016 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely my go to makeup! I love makeup, I love trying new makeup and techniques, but as far as your foundation goes, I found if you found the one you REALLY love, don't stray! You're only setting yourself up for certain disappointment, along with the aggravation of a return. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! I have combination skin which is further impacted by an occasional rosacia outbreak coupled with sensitive skin and allergies to perfumes and certain pigments. Lucky me, right? It's okay, I've learned to deal with it, and I hope the reviews I publish can help someone else with a similar situation. This stuff is great, I have large pores, and it smooths them out without having to apply anything else except a moisturizer. It stays put and I only have to blot it after about 7 hours of wear, which is amazing considering my extremely oily T-zone. I follow this with their Ultra Powder Foundation, which seals it in and makes for a flawless, matte look. I live in Florida, and the humidity alone presents a challenge with both hair and makeup...Merle Norman is a life saver! Full coverage, doesn't feel cakey or heavy, just great results! They have a wide range of shades to choose from, making it so easy to match with your own skin tone. I HIGHLY recommend all Merle Norman products, beautiful colors, high quality and a price that doesn't break the bank.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I figured I would try this since I really like the lasting powder foundation. However, this did not last very long on my skin at all, nor did it control oil very well for me. After about 3 hours the foundation started to settle into my pores and break down on my cheeks. Maybe this would work better with a primer? I'm not sure if I'll repurchase at this time, or if I'll return this product. The pros about this foundation is the color "cream" matched my skin flawlessly, and it did not oxidize.

on 2/21/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have used in a while. Great build able coverage, looks better as the day goes on!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This Is my only matte foundation, but I love it. Matte usually emphasizes my pores, lines and wrinkles, making me look ten years older. I'm 34. This makeup makes me look great. It sits well. It sets quickly, and then it doesn't budge. Although it stays put, somehow I've noticed that after about an hour or so, it looks better than when I put it on. The longer I wear it, the better it looks. Stays matte, but starts looking more natural. Like my own skin but better. This is the first foundation I've ever used that matches my skin color EXACTLY. it comes in a squeeze tube and looks nice, I think I heard it contains retinol, which makes me very, very happy
Exceptional makeup, about $30, but worth it. I will repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First foundation ever that I am 100% happy with!! My face is crazy oily, so any makeup I've tried throughout the years has either melted off, oxidized, or not applied to my face correctly. Then I went to a merle Norman store, asked for a recommendation and tried this! I immediately bought a bottle! It smells great and is smooth like butter. Also, it goes on and looks to be a more sheer coverage, but when it settles into your skin it looks fantastic! I also have trouble acne skin and this covers EVERYTHING!! And my face does NOT get oily with it on, and it lasts until I WASH it off! I have been recommending it to everyone!! A+++!!

on 4/22/2015 12:52:00 AM

This is my go-to foundation. I have bizarre, sensitive combination skin (dry as a desert everywhere but my T-zone, which is an oil slick), and this stays put without breaking me out or drying me out. I only have to blot maybe once per day with this, and even then, the product retains its coverage on my face post blotting. I use a moisturizer before I apply, and make sure that I completely remove it at night before I go to bed. I have strayed, but I always come back to this. Quality product. Excellent investment.