Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation

Merle Norman Luxiva Lasting Foundation
Luxiva Lasting FoundationLuxiva Lasting FoundationLuxiva Lasting Foundation

Titanium Dioxide (8%), Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, Butylene/Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Talc, Polyglyceryl-3 Disostearate, Polyethylene, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Triethoxycaprylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, Ethylene Brassylate, Benzyl Alcohol 011405

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've used it a handful of times, and I only use it during show performances. I wouldn't wear for everyday, though I'm sure you could. The plus side is it doesn't make my skin itch and break into hives after a performance (this happened with Revlon - never again and the cyst wouldn't go away for a couple months). I bought the cream and liquid from Merle Norman, I don't have an allergic reaction thus far. I also use the cold cream to remove everything afterward. Once a week, I will use the pink mask from Merle Norman. Having to struggle with acne from using bad makeup, I'm glad I switched. I recently also bought the foundation powder to set my foundation. The lady who sold me this also sold me the angle foundation brush. I use the brush for liquid only. For cream, I use a beauty blender with a makeup setting spray. My color range is NC30-35, and I've been matched with Alabaster Beige. So far in pictures, I don't see white casting and I would recommend working the foundation in because it does dry fast. I doubt they would discontinue this product, but if Merle ever does, I'll be sure to send them a long email explaining how they may lose a customer. I also use Embryolisse Hydra-Mat as my primer, as the sales person advised on at least a primer before apply liquid or cream.

UPDATE: Once the foundation is applied, it tends to get HOT backstage. So I have to resort to using a fan. It feels like I'm wearing a mask when applied. I noticed when I didn't apply this foundation for a casual dance party, I was sweating bullets. I have not sweat bullets when using this foundation. I have been using this foundation for over six months. This foundation is definitely SWEATPROOF, and is useful for stage makeup or photoshoots. I use the cold cream from merle norman to remove the makeup. On days when I don't use cold cream, I use make up wipes. It takes a couple makeup wipes to remove this, my regular makeup remover from lancome, and finally my face wash with my regular face cleanser.

on 3/2/2016 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely my go to makeup! I love makeup, I love trying new makeup and techniques, but as far as your foundation goes, I found if you found the one you REALLY love, don't stray! You're only setting yourself up for certain disappointment, along with the aggravation of a return. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! I have combination skin which is further impacted by an occasional rosacia outbreak coupled with sensitive skin and allergies to perfumes and certain pigments. Lucky me, right? It's okay, I've learned to deal with it, and I hope the reviews I publish can help someone else with a similar situation. This stuff is great, I have large pores, and it smooths them out without having to apply anything else except a moisturizer. It stays put and I only have to blot it after about 7 hours of wear, which is amazing considering my extremely oily T-zone. I follow this with their Ultra Powder Foundation, which seals it in and makes for a flawless, matte look. I live in Florida, and the humidity alone presents a challenge with both hair and makeup...Merle Norman is a life saver! Full coverage, doesn't feel cakey or heavy, just great results! They have a wide range of shades to choose from, making it so easy to match with your own skin tone. I HIGHLY recommend all Merle Norman products, beautiful colors, high quality and a price that doesn't break the bank.

To Read all 167 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I figured I would try this since I really like the lasting powder foundation. However, this did not last very long on my skin at all, nor did it control oil very well for me. After about 3 hours the foundation started to settle into my pores and break down on my cheeks. Maybe this would work better with a primer? I'm not sure if I'll repurchase at this time, or if I'll return this product. The pros about this foundation is the color "cream" matched my skin flawlessly, and it did not oxidize.

on 2/21/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the best foundation I have used in a while. Great build able coverage, looks better as the day goes on!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This Is my only matte foundation, but I love it. Matte usually emphasizes my pores, lines and wrinkles, making me look ten years older. I'm 34. This makeup makes me look great. It sits well. It sets quickly, and then it doesn't budge. Although it stays put, somehow I've noticed that after about an hour or so, it looks better than when I put it on. The longer I wear it, the better it looks. Stays matte, but starts looking more natural. Like my own skin but better. This is the first foundation I've ever used that matches my skin color EXACTLY. it comes in a squeeze tube and looks nice, I think I heard it contains retinol, which makes me very, very happy
Exceptional makeup, about $30, but worth it. I will repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First foundation ever that I am 100% happy with!! My face is crazy oily, so any makeup I've tried throughout the years has either melted off, oxidized, or not applied to my face correctly. Then I went to a merle Norman store, asked for a recommendation and tried this! I immediately bought a bottle! It smells great and is smooth like butter. Also, it goes on and looks to be a more sheer coverage, but when it settles into your skin it looks fantastic! I also have trouble acne skin and this covers EVERYTHING!! And my face does NOT get oily with it on, and it lasts until I WASH it off! I have been recommending it to everyone!! A+++!!

on 4/22/2015 12:52:00 AM

This is my go-to foundation. I have bizarre, sensitive combination skin (dry as a desert everywhere but my T-zone, which is an oil slick), and this stays put without breaking me out or drying me out. I only have to blot maybe once per day with this, and even then, the product retains its coverage on my face post blotting. I use a moisturizer before I apply, and make sure that I completely remove it at night before I go to bed. I have strayed, but I always come back to this. Quality product. Excellent investment.

on 10/25/2014 8:59:00 AM

I have the most finicky combination skin. Every liquid foundation I try breaks down on my face within a few hours, no matter if I set it or wear primer. I have tried Revlon Colorstay, Photoready (Photoready looks pretty great on me, tho lasting wise it was not HG) MAC Fix+ Powder, MUFE HD, MUFE Matte Velvet, and pretty much every Maybelline and Covergirl liquid foundation you can think of. I have also tried Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo foundation. All of these cover great, but most ended up looking cakey (Matte velvet and Kat Von D and Colorstay) I wanted to love all of these because of the wonderful coverage. I was about to give up when I received one of these. I have a Merle Norman in town, so I figured, why not, if I like it, I won't have to buy online and I can always color match right in the store.

This stuff is HG for me. I will always be testing foundations, because I cannot get enough, but this is my go to, never go without. I am in my 30's, so matte foundations and full coverage foundations age me. This foundation is creamy, but thin enough texture to not cake up, I have applied both with my fingers and a brush, but I get the best finish using a stiff flat top brush. I just dot all over my face (I do not use primer with this, just moisturize with Clinique's DDMG) then buff into my skin. I layer just a tad more on my cheeks, where I have the most break outs and discoloration. I don't have horrible circles under my eyes, but this does the job and is creamy enough so I use it under my eyes as well. The coverage is amazing, and I don't even use concealer. If I do have a large zit I just use a concealer brush and dab on a tiny bit more and blend, so this is able to build without looking too heavy.

This dries down to a powdery, velvet finish. Not 100% matte but not satin finish either, which makes this finish HG for me, since matte finishes age me and I'm too oily/shiny for satin finish. I set every foundation I wear and try with powder, but this I do not. The first time I wore it with powder it was too matte and powdery and I actually had to spray some homemade fix + to take away the powder look. The price range is right in the middle of a high end and a drug store, which I do not mind, because I am willing to spend the extra for this. I spend so much money on drug store and always end up swapping or giving to my sister anyways, and after shelling out 36-40 bucks on MUFE and Kat Von D and not even wearing any of these for a week or two, the price of this is well worth it.

I am an NC 20, and am pretty neutral in color, I can pull off pink or yellow foundations, and I wear this color in Cream. It looks pretty neutral and flat at first but after it sets and melds into my skin for about 10-15 mins, it warms up just a tad so that it matches my neck. I am always touching my face and find this transfers the least than anything I have tried, and also it doesn't feel thick on my face. I can feel it when I touch my face but thats with any foundation. This is everything I'm looking for in a foundation, and it is the longest wearing as well. For how full of a coverage this is, it doesn't look like skin but it doesn't look un natural either, its perfect, can't say enough about this stuff. I will update if anything changes, but after wearing foundation for about 20 years, this is the best finish and wear and coverage I have tried.

Update: I am still using this quite often, tho don't reach for it as much since I am getting into my mid 30s I am leaning away from all my matte foundations. I still love the formula and wear on my combo skin.

on 10/12/2014 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

For the past couple of years, I have tried countless foundations. None of them really wowed me. I had a few (very few) that I liked, but none that I really loved...until now. I used to think that finding everything I wanted in one foundation (good coverage, transfer resistant, long-wearing, good color match) was nothing but a pipe dream.

My aunt used to use Merle Norman years ago. She did let me try one of their foundations (I honestly couldn't tell you which one) but it just didn't hold up on my grease ball of a face. So one day last week, I decided to make an appointment at my local Merle Norman. It wasn't that far from my work, so I just walked there. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was actually a great experience. The girl who helped me was really nice. She didn't pressure me to buy anything, and didn't make me feel rushed or like I was wasting her time. I told her that I was interested in trying this foundation. The shade she picked for me was Ivory. I never would have picked that for myself. But it was a perfect match. I couldn't even see where she applied it to my face. I couldn't believe the tiny amount of foundation she used on my face. But after she was done, I was amazed. It covered everything I wanted, and looked natural. I've found that a lot of long-wearing foundations are thick and heavy. But this one isn't at all. It's very light-weight and easy to work with. The staying power is amazing. I have an extremely oily t-zone, especially on and around my nose. It literally eats foundation, even with a primer. But once this stuff is on, it's on. It doesn't budge until I take it off. It doesn't transfer, and it doesn't sweat off. The price is pretty reasonable too. It's $30 for a 1 oz tube. Since you have to use such a small amount, this tube will last a long time. The makeup artist told me that's what she uses, and it's been 7 months and her tube is only half empty. Now, that's what I call a bargain. This makeup looks and feels very light. You can't even tell you have it on. It gives me that "your skin, but better" look that I've been looking for. It doesn't look like you are wearing a ton of makeup.

I highly recommend this foundation. It is truly worth the money, and I will definitely repurchase. This is definitely my HG foundation, and I can't imagine myself ever using anything else. I truly hope this amazing foundation is never discontinued.

on 7/6/2014 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Ok ladies. I hope you're ready for your life to be flipped-turned upside down.

Huge pores? Got 'em.
Enough oil to power a car? You bet.
Complexion that looks like a toddler took a purple and red crayon to it? Check.

I've tried it all. Hourglass Liquid Powder Foundation, EL Double Wear, EL Double Matte, EL Maximum Coverage, Sephora Perfection Mist, Lancome Teint Idole, every drugstore brand advertised by beautiful stars wearing anything but that foundation in the commercial. You name it, I've smeared it on my face.

So, I was on here perusing the reviews in my never ending quest to find my HG foundation. I saw this foundation and remembered hearing the name before. My cousin had always raved about Merle Norman, but she was just naturally gorgeous and I just couldn't trust anyone who woke up looking like Jennifer Anniston in season 4 of Friends. So, I did some stalking on YouTube and found some videos. I was pretty blown away. I decided to wake up at 9am and make the trek to my local Merle Norman the next day because I'm that impatient.

The lady put it on in the store and I will have to say that I wasn't blown away at first. I'm extremely specific in how I do my foundation. She didn't know the extent of my annoying perfection, so I can't blame her. So naturally I went home and scrubbed it all off to reapply it.

I don't know if it's made with actual unicorn tears or what, but the actual foundation is almost weightless. It's not sticky or thick AT ALL. I use my fingers because I'm a caveman and brushes just seem to make my skin look like the movie Holes. You put it on and it immediately gives you a perfect finish. Like angelic glow perfect. Not joking. I also put another layer around my nose and chin because I get hormonally red there throughout the day.
**(Because it is summer, I also bought the Ultra Powder Foundation to put on top, but it's not totally necessary, but I seriously recommend it to set it for all day wear)

I just got up to look in the mirror to see if it had budged since I put it on at 10am. It's 11:23 pm now and there is no oil, redness, settling, anything. That's with ZERO touchups throughout the day as well. It still looks like it did when I put it on.
However, the HUGE thing for me is my pores. No matter which foundation or application method I use, my pores are always obnoxiously large. Not with this. My pores are nearly invisible. Not totally, but I could tell a MAJOR difference. I've also been using Dr. Brandt's Pores No More, so I'm sure that helped too.

All jokes aside, I seriously can't say enough good things about this stuff.

*Also, I've cried a few times with it on (not because of what I looked like) and it totally stayed in place. It'd be an amazing wedding day/PMS hormone-fest foundation.

If Merle Norman ever stops making this miracle concoction, I don't know what I would do. Are you reading this Merle? Please don't ever stop.