Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

3.7

on 1/2/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product for times when I don't want the totally matte finish that my usual routine of MUFE Mat Velvet and MAC Blot Powder gives me. I like that it doesn't contain any shimmer but it also leaves a kind of dewy finish. I also don't really have any problems with the packaging. It doesn't come spilling out of the container like it has for other people- maybe they've changed the packaging since. Also, I think that a little bit of fallout on your counter is just the nature of loose powders.

What I don't like about this powder is that while it looks great immediately after application, it doesn't do anything to control oil. By noon I have to retouch my chin and nose with MAC Blot Pressed. I won't repurchase because I think it will take me years before I even finish the container.

Hello

I am Mixed Black and Italian
Love the color Shadow, for me adds a little more color
And blends great with or with out foundation.
I have future skin in Haze I Love that product as well

Will buy again,
Only problem is when opening the case make sure to open slowly
And you will not loose any powder.

It helps to cover my oily t-zone and looks GREAT !!!
Love, love, love
And I have tired a lot of powders to cover up my shinny t-zone

Great product..

on 10/18/2004 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite loose powder and I've tried lots of em... Laura Mercier; Giorgio Armani; Bare Escentuals; MAC. By far, Chantecaille is my favorite.

I didn't purchase this powder looking for something to control oil howeverI have super oily skin and one day did a comparison by wearing my LM on one side of my face and my Chantecaille on the other. I won't say the Chantecaille kept my face from getting oily but I will say the LM side of my face was MUCH oilier - - - it was noticeably different.

I love the look of the container - I just wish it was screwtop because inevitably it will get knocked off the counter and create a real disaster. The price is exhorbitant - - - $50USD. Those two things combined are the reason I rated this product as 4 lippies and not 5.

I love the product and will buy it again... unless I find something similar in quality that controls oil.