Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.8

on 4/16/2011 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best loose powder I have ever tried. It leaves a beautiful matt yet natural finish. It never cakes despite the amount I layer on and I never need to touch up through the day. It contains natural SF which is a big plus for me. I recommend this product highly.

on 2/26/2008 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Soft as silk and the color is a perfect match (Subtle) for my yellow undertoned medium asian skin. I use the Just Skin in Glow. powder is so sheer you hardly know its there. The very last step of my make up routine. I absolutely hate the packaging and might not repurchase because of this. it comes in a pretty metal canister but when i pulled the lid off, there was powder everywhere! then i pulled the sticker off the holes and shook it a little to GET some product and the darn thing spilled all over my hand. i didnt want to put the powder puff back on top, so i reused the sticker-but i dont know how long that will last! i am using it with a brush instead of the puff. So yes, i would repurchase IF the packaging was better. when i run out i am going to check out La Mer. I tested YSL and the powder was nice and the packaging was very cool (you only grind what you need)-BUT there was too much sparkle in it for me. UPDATE: it's still soft as silk but i am SO hating the packaging still! its horrible! everytime i shake it a little to get some darn product out it gets all over the place-what a waste! it either doesnt give me enough out of the sifter or it gives me too much all over my hand and the sink. sigh...plus its a pain to take the lid on and off and on....
UPDATE: ok decided will not repurchase ONLY because i use the MAC blot now to set my makeup, etc. since i am so oily. this is nice to have but more of a luxury item. will finish the rest though as i am too lazy to take back to neiman's (hate going there! too uppity...im a nordie's girl!)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has quickly become my holy grail loose powder. Now that I've found it, I cannot imagine living without it. I'm an NC-40 and currently using the the shade "Ray". You can apply this lightly or heavily and the finish will still look airbrushed which goes to show how fine milled this powder is. In the past, I've experimented with other powders such as LORAC, Cle de Peau, Bare Escentuals, and all incomparable to Chantecaille. While I really loved Cle de Peau's quality, I felt like the main ingredient (TALC) severely irritated my skin and caused it to itch and feel uncomfortable. Even though it claimed to be a translucent loose powder, the product still contained a little pink, so if you applied the powder too heavily, you'd get a pinkish cast over your make up. For $99 it was a total waste of my money. Chantecaille is half the price and contains no trace of Talc. The quality is superb if not better and it comes in 3 shades to adjust to your skin. I love the flat but round aluminum container. It really stands out in the make up stash. I usually sift some powder onto the top of the container and swift my powder brush to make sure no product spills over. It comes with a white puff but I find that using a powder brush gives me better results. Unless you're allergic to Bismuth, this powder is a must have and I'd recommend this to anyone who loves a high quality loose powder.

on 10/31/2003 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in Shadow and it goes very well with my DDD skin. I love the feel of it, the soft look it adds, the match to my skin tone and the setting aspect of it. The packaging, though attractive, is not travel friendly as it spills all over inside the container which makes a huge mess if not kept upright. But the quality of the powder is high and it sets my cream foundation. I wear VLWC in Golden Tan, Chantecaille SPF 30 Real Skin in Bronze.