Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.7

on 1/5/2004 1:00:00 PM

Beautiful finish with subtle sparkles. LOVE the product--HATE the packaging.

on 12/11/2007 9:44:00 PM

This is my HG powder. This powder is so finely milled and very build-able. I love how this sets my foundation because I actually did a experiment today from not setting with my powder. By lunch, my make-up was all over the place (in my lines, in my finger tips, on my cloth...). Also, I like to use this to set my under eye concealer. This powder blends into the concealer so well that after all the foundation and concealer is done, everything blends together. That way you won't get an cakey under eye coverage, or pink spots in certain areas on your face. I use the sponge that came with it, and just gently blot the corner of my eyes for setting. Then use a powder brush to sweep all over my face to blend everything together. Try it! You'll love it!

on 2/22/2008 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've tried several good cruelty free powders in all sorts of price ranges. I've been attracted to the Chantecaille brand for a couple of years but their stuff is pricey and hard to come by. This isn't a brand that has counters in every mall across the world. While overpriced it looks and feels seamless, like I've put nothing on. It also leaves just a very subtle glow so my skin doesn't look too flat. If I could get my hands on this more easily I would make it my regular powder.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fabulous powder that blots out oil without being heavy or overly matte. It's never chalky and looks beautiful in real life as well as in photographs. I so agree with others about the packaging...while it's very pretty, it is so horrible in keeping the product contained. I was doing fine by twisting the top off slowly, but then I DROPPED the container and now it's all lose up in there. I now have to slowly twist the top off over a tissue in order to catch all the fallout. I literally don't have to take it completely off; just a light twist and all this powder falls all over the place. Point being, this would be stellar with better packaging. If I need to take it somewhere or have it in my kit, I need to put it another container - and for the price that it costs, that's unacceptable.

on 6/15/2011 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really nice loose powder that provides a nice matte affect without covering you up too much. Chantecaille products are great and don't make my skin react or break out, which is awesome. Perfect color match. Thumbs up.

[Edited on 8/5/12: I no longer use this because it irritated my skin and broke me out. I plugged it into Cosdna and Mica is the second ingredient. Mica really bugs my skin, so I'm surprised I didn't have a worse reaction. It's probably because I never used this powder regularly. I gave this to my mom whose skin doesn't react at every little thing! (Why didn't I get her skin?)

I'd still recommend this if Mica is ok for your skin.

on 11/7/2012 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had a mini of this years ago that lasted me years. I used it up and then moved on. Since then I tried many other powders from drugstore to Dept store trying to find a loose setting powder I liked. Who knew it would be so freaking hard?

My criteria(which I didn't know was so discerning): No caking, not too drying, no glitter bomb, no flash in photography, no breakouts, no orangeyness, should be finely milled, lightly scented or no scent.

L'Oreal: caked, flashed, weird scent
Lancome: Absolue: glittery, Mineral: orangey, oxidized
MAC: caked
Clinique: Caked, oxidized
Jane Iredale: Drying, flash
Bare Escentuals: Flash

This powder, though ungodly expensive finally fits all of my categories. The container is huge so it will probably last me 10 years since I only use powder to set certain parts of my face and my mini powder previously lasted 3 years. Really sometimes you just have to give in and bite the bullet. I could have bought the Chantecaille outright instead of buying all of the products above and being disappointed. I am stupid.

Oh the Chantecaille website now has a color guide to let you know what color to buy which I appreciate since the nearest counter to me is 3 hours away so I must online shop. I wear vanilla in Future skin and in the powder I bought Subtle. It is supposed to have a peach undertone which I was a little apprehensive about thinking ORANGE but it is perfect. In MAC I'm NC 25, Bobbi Brown sand.