Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my staple item. I love it as it's so sheer, smooth and good quality. The color I am using is Subtle which give me a healthy skin tone. It's pricy but can last for very long time. Definitely will buy this again and again!!

on 9/13/2004 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wonderful powder. I put on my liquid foundation first, then, I add my Chantecaille (Light Loose Powder) on. It stays naturally on my face whole day long! Too bad it's not available in Thailand. I must buy it from Europe/US only :-(

Hello

I am Mixed Black and Italian
Love the color Shadow, for me adds a little more color
And blends great with or with out foundation.
I have future skin in Haze I Love that product as well

Will buy again,
Only problem is when opening the case make sure to open slowly
And you will not loose any powder.

It helps to cover my oily t-zone and looks GREAT !!!
Love, love, love
And I have tired a lot of powders to cover up my shinny t-zone

Great product..

My friend recommended this loose powder to me, and I love it!

I have normal-combination skin and it gets a bit oily towards the afternoon. I have tried many different foundations but nothing really tackles the problem. Recently I feel that I don't want to put on a foundation everyday (my skin looks decent with no major breakouts, maybe a bit of larger pores around the nose), so I have been looking for a loose powder which will protect my skin and provide a bit of oil control (I cannot just go out without any powder on. It actually makes my skin break out and becomes more oily. I blame it on pollution :/)

Many loose powders are a bit too powdery for me, so I decided to give Chantecaille a try, and it works! It decreases oil production by about 30% (I won't say it's almighty, but 30% is quite significant compared to almost no results that I have seen in other products). The powder is also very very fine and soft, so it feels like nothing is on your face, and it looks very natural. Yet I do have to say, if you look for coverage, this is NOT for you.

The 2 drawbacks are 1) pricing and 2) the quite un-user friendly package design. If you want to avoid powder from flying everywhere, you need to tilt the case a little bit before you tap the side of the container to release the powder (which works very well with just a bit of practice). Nonetheless I also hope Chantecaille will consider to redesign the container again.

Despite the 2 drawbacks, this is the best loose powder I have ever used! I think I will repeat my purchase for sure! :)

on 4/16/2011 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The best loose powder I have ever tried. It leaves a beautiful matt yet natural finish. It never cakes despite the amount I layer on and I never need to touch up through the day. It contains natural SF which is a big plus for me. I recommend this product highly.

on 9/13/2011 1:39:00 PM

I have this in the color Subtle, which works for my NC25/Future Skin Vanilla skintone even though when I bought it I was more NC20/Alabaster.

The powder is great for:
- Those who like extremely light and finely-milled powders with a slight light-reflective sheen to it when applied (not shiny, not matte).
- Those who have dry/normal skin and are looking for light finishing powder.
- Those who like makeup with attractive packaging. The powder case is housed in an elegant silver case and looks great on the vanity.

Personally, I don't use the powder a lot for several reasons:
- I have combination-oily skin, and this doesn't help control oil.
- I also don't like the fact that it has parabens in it, BHT, and a whole slew of other preservatives (even though it is talc-free).

I noticed that a lot of people are not happy with the packaging. I talked to the SA and found a solution for powder spillage:
- When you buy the powder, do NOT remove the whole seal. Instead, peel back to expose 4-5 holes, cut out that section, and leave the rest of the seal alone.
- When you want to use some of the powder, tap some of it onto the lid. The powder will come out of the 4-5 holes instead of the whole thing, and will make the application process a lot less messy. I have traveled a lot with the powder using this method and have never had trouble with spillage.

on 5/1/2012 4:17:00 PM

Fabulous: ultra-fine, non-drying, lasting formula, which delivers a complexion-enhancing, soft-focus result. Pigment (use light) is verging on the translucent with just a hint of fairness, so appropriate for a spectrum of colour complexions.
Generously sized to boot!