Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.5

on 11/1/2001 11:25:00 PM

Very light and makes my complexion look very smooth. Since I've used this with the Future Skin foundation I've been told by several people that my skin looks great and that I'm "glowing." I'll take it!

on 11/17/2002 1:12:00 PM

I have used this in both Light and Subtle, which is the one I have right now. I rarely wear foundation, so I am always eager to try the various brands of loose powder. This is the one I love the best for the winter months, as it is not drying at all and leaves my skin looking soft as silk. I also own LM and Paula Dorf, but this one has the highest quality in my opinion. The Light is rather, well, light with a mild yellow undertone, and the Subtle has more of a flesh tone to it. I would love to see the color range expanded in this product. I will be buying again.

on 12/25/2002 6:46:00 PM

Not cakey or drying at all. I can't even tell I am wearing powder. I hated powder before this but this product converted me!

on 1/22/2003 2:00:00 AM

Absolutely FANTASTIC! The powder is really fine quality and is so smooth and silky, not chalky at all. It applies naturally with a brush and keep sthe oilies at bay. "Shadow" looks pretty dark in the pot, but it suits my fair/medium skin tone really well.

on 4/2/2003 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Yes, like other ladies said, it is very fine. But set my make up? It doesn't do a good job at all.
One more thing, not easy to control. The package is not very nice or user-friendly.
Other brands, like Paul & Joe, has a 'net' on the loose powder to help you to take just perfect amount for application and yet cheaper.
But this one, far more expensive and you need to buy a brush (Tho I guess most of us have *plenty already) and an ordinary package.
I won't pay that money for a just finer powder. I will go for Paul & Joe, with pretty package and user-friendly applicators.

on 4/12/2003 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite loose powder right now. I have tried Laura Mercier, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, and Nars. This one feels light as a feather and is probably the only one that does not cake up around makeup by late in the day. I bought it in New York when my face as very irritated due to first experience with "subway wind" and this helped keep my look polished.

This is an extremely fine powder that feels light and silky and barely there on your face. While it provides a more refined look as opposed to just using foundation alone, it won't give you a completely matte finish if that's what you're looking for. I like it because it's translucent and seems to mix with the natural oils on my face throughout the day giving me a natural but even-toned look. Very forgiving if you have a heavy hand like mine, as it doesn't cake on.

on 5/19/2003 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this powder in Subtle. (I wear the Chante. Future Skin in Cream.) This loose powder is very easy to use (I usually use the puff to apply and then my big powder brush to even it out). Very nice! Occasionally, I do wish that loose powders were a little neater and more compact, but it's par for the course...

on 8/24/2003 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is one of my two favourite loose powder after purchased over dozen brands - KP is another one which is a bit drier than Chantecaille. The powder is not dry and keeps my combination skin fresh in summer. I have 'light' which is a bit too light for my summer skin tone but it's very sheer and almost looks transparent. My nose has flakey skin occassionally & this powder cover it perfectly.

COMPLAINT: the package design is poor for such a pricy product - the powder tends to spill out easily. 5 lipsticks are given purely for the quality of the powder.

on 10/2/2003 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this powder is great. I have pale to medium skin. I could have worn Subtle, which is a very natural shade, but I chose Ray, as it has more yellow and evens out the redness in my skin. I use this powder over Real Skin or sometimes just alone with blush/bronzer. The powder is soft and fine as silk plus no talc to irritate sensitive skin. I have read some complaints about the packaging, but personally I love the nickel container. I think it is so fun and easy to use. I can really swirl my brush in it, unlike other brands that make the sifter too small.