Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 36-43
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.7

on 2/24/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a best loose powders that i love very much, since i always go with high end brand and this loose powder is a winner. I am using Lamer loose powder and i love so much and cant find anything that good as La Mer. I even had Impress loose powder that cost almost $100.usd. Impress is a expensive line from kanebo but it didnt impress me at all except the price until i tried Chantecaille. I would say it worth the price it melt to your skin as part of your skin but look nicer. It didnt make my face look gray. it is just perfect. I found people complained about the package but i love it i think it looks so chic. i would but again and let my La mer a break. I actually love both of them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using Cle de Peau for years until the refill was not longer being sold, so I had a choice of try by Terry or Chantecaille. I decided to purchase Chantecaille and I find this is slightly better then Cle de Peau loose powder. The reason is that the powder had no shimmer, but it makes your skin appear natural, slightly dewy and flawless. The powder does not make your skin dry or appear cakey or have build-up. I will be repurchasing this powder.

This is the powder I have been looking for for years. It is very very finely milled, does not have tacky shimmer, never cakes/settles into lines and feels very light on skin. It sets makeup perfectly with a soft, polished finish. The oil control is excellent, too. It is very expensive, and the packaging, while very pretty, is bad, but I think it is worth trying just because of its quality. It works well with different type of foundations I use. FYI: Other powders I used: Cle de Peau loose (did not like it: way too expensive, broke me out, no oil control): YSL (not as finely milled, looks a hint too heavy): Guerlain (in general good but heavily fragranced/slightly drying): GA (too much shimmer, oxidised): By Terry loose (good but way too expensive for such a small amount): By Terry compact (very good, another favourite, offers more coverage than the Chantecaille powder).

on 7/12/2007 6:26:00 PM

I have tried just about every loose powder out there ladies...yes, even the precious Cle de Peau ~ This is the most natural, light powder I've ever purchased. I have found this to be a "setting powder only". I'm oily & need to touch up w/ Boscia blotting papers around noon. However, if your looking for an elegent, natural - true to color setting powder try this & I don't think you will be disappointed! I'm NC25 & I wear shade "Light"

on 1/4/2006 8:42:00 AM

One of my HG powders....actually, this IS my HG powder....but I haven't yet tried Cle de Peau, which is on my list. Even so, this is very luxurious and finely-milled. It suits my skin perfectly. I use the translucent.

UPDATE.... finally tried Cle de Peau....and it blows Chantecaille out of the water!

on 1/4/2006 8:42:00 AM

on 3/13/2005 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am a ddd and have this in Shadow. I have sensitive combi-nation skin that tends to be more oily during the summer months. I love this powder and the fact that I experience no irritation whatsover! I have found that by using a powder brush and "buffing" the powder on to my skin gives me lasting matte coverage that is better than when I used the puff that comes with the powder. I use blotting sheets on the sheen that breaks through in my T-zone. This is HG for me as it does what it promises without the irritation or greyish/ashy cast I have exper-ienced with other lines. If you can find a color that works for you - I say it is worth every penny. Treat yourself and enjoy!

on 12/9/2004 1:31:00 AM

Packaging is terrible - powder goes everywhere. But the powder itself is wonderful!

on 10/18/2004 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite loose powder and I've tried lots of em... Laura Mercier; Giorgio Armani; Bare Escentuals; MAC. By far, Chantecaille is my favorite.

I didn't purchase this powder looking for something to control oil howeverI have super oily skin and one day did a comparison by wearing my LM on one side of my face and my Chantecaille on the other. I won't say the Chantecaille kept my face from getting oily but I will say the LM side of my face was MUCH oilier - - - it was noticeably different.

I love the look of the container - I just wish it was screwtop because inevitably it will get knocked off the counter and create a real disaster. The price is exhorbitant - - - $50USD. Those two things combined are the reason I rated this product as 4 lippies and not 5.

I love the product and will buy it again... unless I find something similar in quality that controls oil.

on 5/19/2003 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this powder in Subtle. (I wear the Chante. Future Skin in Cream.) This loose powder is very easy to use (I usually use the puff to apply and then my big powder brush to even it out). Very nice! Occasionally, I do wish that loose powders were a little neater and more compact, but it's par for the course...