Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.6

on 12/19/2001 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my staple loose powder. It is talc-free unlike many others and is incredibly finely milled. It leaves a soft natural finish that never looks overly matte or chalky or dry. Light is a good color match for my very pale skin. The best news -- no breakouts!! Definitely a rave.

on 12/6/2002 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a fabulous powder, particularly if you have normal or dry skin (it is not drying and doesn't highlight dry patches). It is very finely milled and goes on like silk, with either a puff (a high-quality, washable puff is included) or a brush. It makes skin look like velvet--just a beautiful finish. If you tend to be oily, it might not be absorbent enough for you--I use LM Translucent on my t-zone (when I need it), then the Chantecaille over all with a brush.

on 1/23/2003 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm a PPP who wants to stay that way; this powder in Light works very well for me. It has a finer consistency than the LM loose powder, never grainy looking. I'd thought it would have a more obvious luminosity about it than it does, although a lot of people have said I look "glowing" lately. I like the sleek silver packaging; it's an elegant addition to my vanity. Will buy this again, even at the $45 price, because loose powder lasts a long time. I use this with a BB blush brush instead of a powder brush.

While this product has a smooth and soft finish it caused my skin to itch terribly and my eyes to water. Instead of talc it contains aluminum starch, which may be the irritant. It wasn't very good at oil-control either.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As i said with my outstanding review of New Stick...my mother almost died when she found out how much i spent on Chantecaille in one go! But it was totally worth it! I used this over New Stick Sand in Ray and it is completly fabulous and flawless. Never cakey, never fake! It kept my oilies at bay even though other's say it doesn't. This product really is outstanding, one of a kind. Again...it's pricy, but i am so over pricy now because i reckon it's your money and if you find something this good-then buy it because you only live once!!! (besides, now that i know my colour i can always find it on eBay or swap-that's another way to justify it :) Yep, this is the one for me!!!!!!!

on 6/1/2003 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have this powder in Light, which I sometimes use to set my foundation (usually Chantecaille Real Skin Spf 30 in Bliss, or Paula Dorf Face Tint in Just Glo) when I need a more matte finish for a polished look. I rated the powder as a four, simply because I prefer Guerlain's Les Meteorites loose powder spheres for a glowy look. Also, I find the Chantecaille Loose Powder container to be somewhat messier than other brands, which disappoints me for the price I paid! Overall, though, the powder itself is very sheer, and natural, never cakey or powdery. I would purchase again, but I wish I could love the container as much as the powder within it.

on 6/14/2003 3:49:00 PM

I just bought this powder and I love it! Very light and silky. Gives a nice finish either alone or over foundation. This is the best loose powder I have ever used. Not cheap -- but considering other top of the line powders run from $32 - $48, this one at $50 is still within reason. It will last quite a while too.

on 1/24/2004 11:13:00 AM

This along with Becca's Loose is the only powder I'd ever consider wearing, because these two are the only ones that give a natural but polished look and NEVER cake, I actually prefer the Chantecaille over the Becca as it is talc and fragrance free and gives a glowy look to my complexion due to the mica it contains which I like better than the greasy post-orgasmic 'Beyonc' look I get from highlighters (I'm really paranoid about micro-glitter being visible on my face). Over the course of the day it starts to looks even better but I have to say that I like a dewy look. I wear the shade 'Light' over Chantecaille FS 'Ivory' and RS and sometimes also over moisturiser or sunscreen. Since I'm a sucker for product design I also love the packaging, a BEAUTIFUL, chic, classic and yet simple nickel container. For touching-up I use the mini version (expensive but you can refill it from the regular size container) as loose powders are NOT meant to be portable but are to sit on your vanity at home and the Chantecaille does a fantastic job at that!! This is a HG and I will repurchase despite the price.

on 3/11/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am giving Chantecaille loose powder a no on the question would I buy this product again but only reluctantly. I'm just not sure. Don't you wish there was an option to answer maybe? I bought this powder after lusting after it for at least 2 years. The price always got in my way, not to mention I already have powders galore from T LeClerc, Becca, Giorgio Armani, Paula Dorf, Laura Mercier, Versace, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Sonia Kashuk - you name it and I probably have it. I went for the $39 travel version in Chantecaille and the container is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I don't think I would use it for travel as I tend to move powder into fairly small clear plastic jars with sifters for convenience. I would happily put this lovely silver jar on a fancy dressing table if I ever have such a thing. The powder itself is fine. That's the part that's disappointing. I was hoping this would be holy grail, perfect, can't imagine life without it powder and it isn't (sigh). It does an okay job of setting my make up but it doesn't do or look any better than any other powder I own. I think the cost is high for the amount of product you get. Given what powders do and what they are made of, I suspect I will never find a holy grail powder but that doesn't mean I will give up trying ....

on 5/2/2004 12:13:00 PM

The colour and texture is perfect, but powder leaks out of the container all the time. the amazing quality powder is worth putting up with the poor quality container, but they should really sort it out.