Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

on 2/17/2012 10:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This powder is great for my combination skin. The "Light" doesn't irritate, clump, or change color. It perfectly compliments my skin tone. I am fair-skinned, usually not the lightest color but the next-to-lightest. I agree with w/plrg's review to leave part of the adhesive over the holes to minimize spillage, and to tap powder into the lid. It is pricey, but worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fabulous powder that blots out oil without being heavy or overly matte. It's never chalky and looks beautiful in real life as well as in photographs. I so agree with others about the packaging...while it's very pretty, it is so horrible in keeping the product contained. I was doing fine by twisting the top off slowly, but then I DROPPED the container and now it's all lose up in there. I now have to slowly twist the top off over a tissue in order to catch all the fallout. I literally don't have to take it completely off; just a light twist and all this powder falls all over the place. Point being, this would be stellar with better packaging. If I need to take it somewhere or have it in my kit, I need to put it another container - and for the price that it costs, that's unacceptable.

on 3/13/2005 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am a ddd and have this in Shadow. I have sensitive combi-nation skin that tends to be more oily during the summer months. I love this powder and the fact that I experience no irritation whatsover! I have found that by using a powder brush and "buffing" the powder on to my skin gives me lasting matte coverage that is better than when I used the puff that comes with the powder. I use blotting sheets on the sheen that breaks through in my T-zone. This is HG for me as it does what it promises without the irritation or greyish/ashy cast I have exper-ienced with other lines. If you can find a color that works for you - I say it is worth every penny. Treat yourself and enjoy!

on 3/11/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am giving Chantecaille loose powder a no on the question would I buy this product again but only reluctantly. I'm just not sure. Don't you wish there was an option to answer maybe? I bought this powder after lusting after it for at least 2 years. The price always got in my way, not to mention I already have powders galore from T LeClerc, Becca, Giorgio Armani, Paula Dorf, Laura Mercier, Versace, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Sonia Kashuk - you name it and I probably have it. I went for the $39 travel version in Chantecaille and the container is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I don't think I would use it for travel as I tend to move powder into fairly small clear plastic jars with sifters for convenience. I would happily put this lovely silver jar on a fancy dressing table if I ever have such a thing. The powder itself is fine. That's the part that's disappointing. I was hoping this would be holy grail, perfect, can't imagine life without it powder and it isn't (sigh). It does an okay job of setting my make up but it doesn't do or look any better than any other powder I own. I think the cost is high for the amount of product you get. Given what powders do and what they are made of, I suspect I will never find a holy grail powder but that doesn't mean I will give up trying ....

on 6/1/2003 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have this powder in Light, which I sometimes use to set my foundation (usually Chantecaille Real Skin Spf 30 in Bliss, or Paula Dorf Face Tint in Just Glo) when I need a more matte finish for a polished look. I rated the powder as a four, simply because I prefer Guerlain's Les Meteorites loose powder spheres for a glowy look. Also, I find the Chantecaille Loose Powder container to be somewhat messier than other brands, which disappoints me for the price I paid! Overall, though, the powder itself is very sheer, and natural, never cakey or powdery. I would purchase again, but I wish I could love the container as much as the powder within it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This was a nice powder, but not exceptional. It goes on very light which I like, but I didn't feel like it really "set" my foundation. I like Laura Mercier much better.