Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.5

on 12/19/2001 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my staple loose powder. It is talc-free unlike many others and is incredibly finely milled. It leaves a soft natural finish that never looks overly matte or chalky or dry. Light is a good color match for my very pale skin. The best news -- no breakouts!! Definitely a rave.

on 1/23/2003 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm a PPP who wants to stay that way; this powder in Light works very well for me. It has a finer consistency than the LM loose powder, never grainy looking. I'd thought it would have a more obvious luminosity about it than it does, although a lot of people have said I look "glowing" lately. I like the sleek silver packaging; it's an elegant addition to my vanity. Will buy this again, even at the $45 price, because loose powder lasts a long time. I use this with a BB blush brush instead of a powder brush.

on 4/12/2003 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite loose powder right now. I have tried Laura Mercier, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, and Nars. This one feels light as a feather and is probably the only one that does not cake up around makeup by late in the day. I bought it in New York when my face as very irritated due to first experience with "subway wind" and this helped keep my look polished.

on 8/24/2003 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is one of my two favourite loose powder after purchased over dozen brands - KP is another one which is a bit drier than Chantecaille. The powder is not dry and keeps my combination skin fresh in summer. I have 'light' which is a bit too light for my summer skin tone but it's very sheer and almost looks transparent. My nose has flakey skin occassionally & this powder cover it perfectly.

COMPLAINT: the package design is poor for such a pricy product - the powder tends to spill out easily. 5 lipsticks are given purely for the quality of the powder.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Talc free and makes my skin look perfect. I use it over CG trublend makeup. I have it in Subtle which is kind of like NC20-30 in mac. Comes with a gorgeous puff. If you're dealing with spillage issues just keep the original box and store it in there. I love this stuff and i'll buy it forever.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's a long time since I haven't used a powder. They use to dry out my skin. But I heard about this talc free powder and gave it a try. I think it's great. I don't know loose powder enough to give and efficient critisism, but for me it will do, it's gonna be my HG loose powder for this season...and for many futur seasons if more affinity...

on 2/4/2006 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is an incredible product, and worth the money. This jar will last forever, and makes my skin look perfect.

I'll likely never buy another loose powder.

My only complaint is the powder sometimes spills over the sides....other than that...perfect. It is so finely milled, it makes Nars loose powder look chunky, and does a wonderful job at controlling oil.

I wear it overtop of Tarte Smooth Operator foundation for a guaranteed perfect skin day.

on 9/10/2006 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

loreal makes a talc free loose powder that is nicer and I don't have to tell you ladies how less expensive it is. I think this was my worse purchase ever - I can see spending $$$$$ on a foundation, not a powder - but I did and I regret that, I should have taken it back because I just don't use it at all - it is just such a mess it's real pain!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is really the best i try by now. I am not fan of loose powders and i don't really like powdery look but this one just gives me gorgeous face
My face doesnt look like have loose powder at all. Its leaving me a lovely mate finish smooth my skin and my make up last all day long. I just couldnt stop touching my face all day ..is so soft.
I am MAC 15-20 and I have it in # Light (from a lovely swapper.TY Liz) and when I see it really look to me like flour but ones I apply is GREAT.
I try many powders like La Prairie, T.LeClerc, Caron, YSL, Chanel and so much more, so far this one is the best

on 9/28/2010 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my second most favorite loose powder. (Cle De Peau being my all time complete love!) It is talc free, finely milled, and the lightest textured, fluffiest, most amazing I've ever used. I always come back to it. There is no sparkle, does not oxidize, does not emphasize dry patches of skin. It is great for setting makeup, and is quite translucent. It allows my skin (or foundation) to still radiate a glow rather than looking flat. In contrast, Chanel loose powder, (while also finely milled, not as, but still fine) gives a much more opaque,matte finish.

My only gripe, other than the price (but then, sometimes its just true that we get what we pay for) is that the lid to container does not twist or snap closed. The container is a mirror polished silver, understated and elegant, but the top is just a pull off to open, push down to close. The sifter inside is a rigid plastic rather than a floating screen sifter, but it too is not that tight of a fit.

Guerlain recently redesigned the container its loose powder comes in, and its now very practical as well as beautiful. Not only does the container itself twist closed to where it is completely waterproof, but the inside sifter also twists open and closed. And its a highly polished silver color instead of the previous gold. But...... the Chantecaille powder is still nicer IMO, and the container is lovely sitting on the vanity, just not travel friendly.