CHANTECAILLE Talc Free Loose Powder

CHANTECAILLE Talc Free Loose Powder

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

As a user of Chantecaille Just Skin, I had been coveting the loose powder for a while. Firstly whilst the packaging isn't the most practical it is beautiful and looks very swish on my dressing table, plus the puff is very soft and a pleasure to use.
I bought the light (which is perfect for my very pale skin), the texture is smooth and airy and goes on extremely sheer. It has no sparkle or shine, but isn't 'flat' on the skin, so it doesn't make you look powdered but still knocks back any shine/oilyness. It doesn't look patchy or make dry areas look worse either.The other thing I like about this powder is it doesn't change the colour of your base or go patchy or cakey.
The only bad thing I can find to say about this powder is the price....you need a small mortgage!
But as it beats Smashbox, Mac, T'LeClerc, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Laura Mercier and countless others (I can't get CDP here which is the only powder I've heard beats the Chantecaille) I will buy it again.

on 2/19/2005 2:40:00 PM

Very high quality powder, does not make skin look "powdery" even on my dry days. Package spills as everyone says - I have a very tight makeup bag I keep it in. Package is attractive - maybe they can keep the look but prevent the spillage somehow.

on 5/19/2003 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this powder in Subtle. (I wear the Chante. Future Skin in Cream.) This loose powder is very easy to use (I usually use the puff to apply and then my big powder brush to even it out). Very nice! Occasionally, I do wish that loose powders were a little neater and more compact, but it's par for the course...