Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.5

on 12/3/2010 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I just had someone give me this powder because the shade wasn't right for her (and it was the perfect shade for me).

I had never heard of this brand before but I thought I would give this powder a try!

I have to say it is hands down the best loose powder I have ever used! I use it as a finishing powder and it makes my makeup and skin look flawless and airbrushed!

I tend to get a little oily by the end of the day but I haven't had any issues with oil since I started using this powder.

I am hooked for life! Highly reccommend!

on 11/30/2010 5:42:00 PM

I really love this loose powder. It doesn't have too much color and never gives a powdery look, which I hate. I use this over the Chantecaille tinted moisturizer and new stick concealer and it keeps it in place all day. The finish is really nice...not too matte, but not shimmery. I really love it and these three products have been a winning combination for me. It is expensive but it lasts a long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

As a user of Chantecaille Just Skin, I had been coveting the loose powder for a while. Firstly whilst the packaging isn't the most practical it is beautiful and looks very swish on my dressing table, plus the puff is very soft and a pleasure to use.
I bought the light (which is perfect for my very pale skin), the texture is smooth and airy and goes on extremely sheer. It has no sparkle or shine, but isn't 'flat' on the skin, so it doesn't make you look powdered but still knocks back any shine/oilyness. It doesn't look patchy or make dry areas look worse either.The other thing I like about this powder is it doesn't change the colour of your base or go patchy or cakey.
The only bad thing I can find to say about this powder is the price....you need a small mortgage!
But as it beats Smashbox, Mac, T'LeClerc, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Laura Mercier and countless others (I can't get CDP here which is the only powder I've heard beats the Chantecaille) I will buy it again.

Amazing loose powder! After I finished my Laura Mercier loose powder, I was on a hunt for another brand. The LM is great at $30, but I am willing to spend more for an even better one. I first looked at Cle de Peau, because I currently use their foundation. After doing some thinking, I realized it's simply ridiculous to spend over US$100 for loose powder, seriously. Then I hopped over to Chantecaille. First, I was pleased to know that it's talc free, which is great news for oily or acne-prone skin. Then I felt the powder on my hand, and, WOW, it's just as smooth as CdP! I tried it on my face right there, and was very pleased with the finish. It's a very natural matte finish, zero chalkiness. In fact, I think it's even better than CdP! A few hours later, I looked in the mirror, same great look, great oil control. Best thing of all, I just bought this for $26 on eBay, HAH!

UPDATE: So I finally received the product in the mail. I applied some over my Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation, and it looked flawless! I can't believe my face didn't look chalky at all. This is HG HG HG.

on 9/25/2009 9:29:00 AM

My one and only loose powder, I have been using this for 5 years now. i have previously tried other loose powders and this is the only one that takes the crown.

Like the other testimonials that others have given, i have to agree with every bit.

Sets make up without cloging pores, no caking and does what a translucent powder is set out to do,,,,be TRANSLUCENT. It does not interfere with your foundation and blush, just sets what you have already applied.

it has one of the best textures ...finely milled to give the best texture and least suspecting that you have caked on powder.

The only thing that frustrates me with this product is that it is expensive and that the holes that the powder dispenses from makes it time consuming, cos the powder doesnt come through the wholes onto my sponge easily. One of my other frens have transferred their chantecaille LP into a more friendlier dispenser, (old loose powder compacts from other brands that are empty)

These are one of those products that will always be in my make up kit.

on 8/11/2009 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I initially got this for a friend and since she raved about it so much I deemed that this is a 'must have' for myself too. =D Its a very popular product and is almost always out of stock at spacenk. But I finally got myself one and I really love it. Its very finely milled and it feels weightless on the skin. I have alot of loose powders and this is one of my favourites. Im not sure if I like this better than my La Mer powder but I definitely like this more than my Nars loose powder which is not as finely milled.

on 2/19/2009 11:03:00 PM

I have never used loose powders before and have generally geared towards pressed powders just because I think loose powders are more troublesome. But since I have had a great experience with Chantecaille's Future Skin (Alabster), I decided to purchase the Loose Powder to mattify the foundation when I don't desire a dewy look.

I purchased this in Light and I am unsure about other shades but Light goes on translucent on my skin and provides me a gorgeous, lovely glow. It doesn't provide much coverage, if any at all, but I'm not looking for coverage as I only want to mattify my Future Skin Foundation so this is perfect for me. I also detest powders with shimmer (too tacky and accentuates pores) so I love how Chantecaille's loose powder gives you a glow without tacky shimmer. Also, though it comes with a cute puff, I prefer to use it with a brush because I feel a puff is unble to give you an even distribution.

I see other MUA-ers have problems getting the powder out without spilling some. What I do is remove the puff (I use a MAC 187 brush), hold the container in one palm and tap the side very gently. The powder should "rise up" to the surface. I then swirl my brush into the powder and blend it on my face. I don't lose any powder this way.

PROs: Talc-free (if you have sensitive skin). Lovely glow, no shimmer. Extremely silky and smooth texture - I always touch my face after applying it though I know I shouldn't. It's that soft!

CONs: Expensive at 45 but I believe in value for money (what you receive for what you pay), than just price alone.

on 2/26/2008 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Soft as silk and the color is a perfect match (Subtle) for my yellow undertoned medium asian skin. I use the Just Skin in Glow. powder is so sheer you hardly know its there. The very last step of my make up routine. I absolutely hate the packaging and might not repurchase because of this. it comes in a pretty metal canister but when i pulled the lid off, there was powder everywhere! then i pulled the sticker off the holes and shook it a little to GET some product and the darn thing spilled all over my hand. i didnt want to put the powder puff back on top, so i reused the sticker-but i dont know how long that will last! i am using it with a brush instead of the puff. So yes, i would repurchase IF the packaging was better. when i run out i am going to check out La Mer. I tested YSL and the powder was nice and the packaging was very cool (you only grind what you need)-BUT there was too much sparkle in it for me. UPDATE: it's still soft as silk but i am SO hating the packaging still! its horrible! everytime i shake it a little to get some darn product out it gets all over the place-what a waste! it either doesnt give me enough out of the sifter or it gives me too much all over my hand and the sink. sigh...plus its a pain to take the lid on and off and on....
UPDATE: ok decided will not repurchase ONLY because i use the MAC blot now to set my makeup, etc. since i am so oily. this is nice to have but more of a luxury item. will finish the rest though as i am too lazy to take back to neiman's (hate going there! too uppity...im a nordie's girl!)

on 12/15/2007 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This powder is fine but definitely NOT worth the price. For the price I was hoping for some kind of magical effect & was sorely disappointed

on 2/19/2005 2:40:00 PM

Very high quality powder, does not make skin look "powdery" even on my dry days. Package spills as everyone says - I have a very tight makeup bag I keep it in. Package is attractive - maybe they can keep the look but prevent the spillage somehow.