Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by hair type : Other
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I want to marry this stuff. I used LM for many years but it is harder and harder to get in Switzerland even though it is sold her, and paradoxically easier for me to get Chantecaille even though it isn't sold here. For whatever reason the LM loose isn't sent to our counters here but when I am Paris I can pick this stuff up.

The coverage and wear of the Chantecaille is similar to the LM but with the Chantecaille I use far less product. The Chantecaille is finely milled, but not so much that it is blotchy. It doesn't oxidize or cake or settle into my fine lines, of which there are many.

There isn't anything not to love about the Chantecaille, which is only fair given its price tag, but it is a fair price to pay for something that works with minimal fuss.

on 5/1/2012 4:17:00 PM

Fabulous: ultra-fine, non-drying, lasting formula, which delivers a complexion-enhancing, soft-focus result. Pigment (use light) is verging on the translucent with just a hint of fairness, so appropriate for a spectrum of colour complexions.
Generously sized to boot!

on 10/10/2009 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this powder, because Merle Norman did away with their oil-control loose powder, which I found to be superior. (Hopefully, MN will come out soon with this formulation in their High Definition Powder.) Chantecaille loose powder is a very finely-milled powder that comes in a pretty silver container. I bought the shade Subtle and like how it does not leave me looking overly made up, and it does not accentuate fine lines. The color seems to go well with my Asian skin, unlike MAC's loose powder (NC30) that looks orange on me and highlights fine lines. However, it is difficult to understand how Chantecaille developed such a fine powder but such a user-unfriendly container! I tried to take the sifter off to transfer some of the powder to my smaller travel sifter, but I was so afraid that I would drop the container and precious ($$$) powder all over the floor! I ended up shaking the powder into its sifter and transferring it with a make-up spatula. Still, a lot of powder fell onto the counter from the sides of the container. I cringed when I lost less than a teaspoon on the bathroom counter! The only way that I can think of doing this in the future, is to shake the powder into the sifter over a clean paper towel, and then scoop the excess into the travel sifter. Please improve packaging! If there is a similar powder out there with better packaging, I would probably buy it over the Chantecaille powder.

This is the powder I have been looking for for years. It is very very finely milled, does not have tacky shimmer, never cakes/settles into lines and feels very light on skin. It sets makeup perfectly with a soft, polished finish. The oil control is excellent, too. It is very expensive, and the packaging, while very pretty, is bad, but I think it is worth trying just because of its quality. It works well with different type of foundations I use. FYI: Other powders I used: Cle de Peau loose (did not like it: way too expensive, broke me out, no oil control): YSL (not as finely milled, looks a hint too heavy): Guerlain (in general good but heavily fragranced/slightly drying): GA (too much shimmer, oxidised): By Terry loose (good but way too expensive for such a small amount): By Terry compact (very good, another favourite, offers more coverage than the Chantecaille powder).

I absolutely love the radiance and silkiness of Chantecaille loose powder. But the flimsy container is just inexcusably messy. Product spills out every time. This product is to expensive to store in a Ziploc bag! I would give the packaging a zero if I could.

I have the loose powder in Subtle. The powder is very sheer and provides a natural finish. I like the fact that it's talc-free but it's just not matte enough for me. The packaging is so pretty, but have to open carefully to avoid spilling. It is definitely a very good quality powder, but the shade choice is very poor. I'll not buy this again because I prefer either T. LeClerc or Chanel better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As i said with my outstanding review of New Stick...my mother almost died when she found out how much i spent on Chantecaille in one go! But it was totally worth it! I used this over New Stick Sand in Ray and it is completly fabulous and flawless. Never cakey, never fake! It kept my oilies at bay even though other's say it doesn't. This product really is outstanding, one of a kind. Again...it's pricy, but i am so over pricy now because i reckon it's your money and if you find something this good-then buy it because you only live once!!! (besides, now that i know my colour i can always find it on eBay or swap-that's another way to justify it :) Yep, this is the one for me!!!!!!!

on 1/22/2003 2:00:00 AM

Absolutely FANTASTIC! The powder is really fine quality and is so smooth and silky, not chalky at all. It applies naturally with a brush and keep sthe oilies at bay. "Shadow" looks pretty dark in the pot, but it suits my fair/medium skin tone really well.

on 12/6/2002 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a fabulous powder, particularly if you have normal or dry skin (it is not drying and doesn't highlight dry patches). It is very finely milled and goes on like silk, with either a puff (a high-quality, washable puff is included) or a brush. It makes skin look like velvet--just a beautiful finish. If you tend to be oily, it might not be absorbent enough for you--I use LM Translucent on my t-zone (when I need it), then the Chantecaille over all with a brush.

on 5/8/2002 6:07:00 PM

This is absolutely the best loose powder I've ever tried. It is so fine and goes on my skin nicely. It kept the shine away from my combo skin for hours. It is talc free powder and compared to La Mer's powder the difference is like night and day. La Mer's loose powder's No.1 ingredient is talc. This will be the only loose powder I'll ever buy.