Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.5

on 2/26/2008 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Soft as silk and the color is a perfect match (Subtle) for my yellow undertoned medium asian skin. I use the Just Skin in Glow. powder is so sheer you hardly know its there. The very last step of my make up routine. I absolutely hate the packaging and might not repurchase because of this. it comes in a pretty metal canister but when i pulled the lid off, there was powder everywhere! then i pulled the sticker off the holes and shook it a little to GET some product and the darn thing spilled all over my hand. i didnt want to put the powder puff back on top, so i reused the sticker-but i dont know how long that will last! i am using it with a brush instead of the puff. So yes, i would repurchase IF the packaging was better. when i run out i am going to check out La Mer. I tested YSL and the powder was nice and the packaging was very cool (you only grind what you need)-BUT there was too much sparkle in it for me. UPDATE: it's still soft as silk but i am SO hating the packaging still! its horrible! everytime i shake it a little to get some darn product out it gets all over the place-what a waste! it either doesnt give me enough out of the sifter or it gives me too much all over my hand and the sink. sigh...plus its a pain to take the lid on and off and on....
UPDATE: ok decided will not repurchase ONLY because i use the MAC blot now to set my makeup, etc. since i am so oily. this is nice to have but more of a luxury item. will finish the rest though as i am too lazy to take back to neiman's (hate going there! too uppity...im a nordie's girl!)

on 2/22/2008 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've tried several good cruelty free powders in all sorts of price ranges. I've been attracted to the Chantecaille brand for a couple of years but their stuff is pricey and hard to come by. This isn't a brand that has counters in every mall across the world. While overpriced it looks and feels seamless, like I've put nothing on. It also leaves just a very subtle glow so my skin doesn't look too flat. If I could get my hands on this more easily I would make it my regular powder.

on 2/4/2006 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is an incredible product, and worth the money. This jar will last forever, and makes my skin look perfect.

I'll likely never buy another loose powder.

My only complaint is the powder sometimes spills over the sides....other than that...perfect. It is so finely milled, it makes Nars loose powder look chunky, and does a wonderful job at controlling oil.

I wear it overtop of Tarte Smooth Operator foundation for a guaranteed perfect skin day.

on 10/18/2004 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite loose powder and I've tried lots of em... Laura Mercier; Giorgio Armani; Bare Escentuals; MAC. By far, Chantecaille is my favorite.

I didn't purchase this powder looking for something to control oil howeverI have super oily skin and one day did a comparison by wearing my LM on one side of my face and my Chantecaille on the other. I won't say the Chantecaille kept my face from getting oily but I will say the LM side of my face was MUCH oilier - - - it was noticeably different.

I love the look of the container - I just wish it was screwtop because inevitably it will get knocked off the counter and create a real disaster. The price is exhorbitant - - - $50USD. Those two things combined are the reason I rated this product as 4 lippies and not 5.

I love the product and will buy it again... unless I find something similar in quality that controls oil.