Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.8

on 5/1/2012 4:17:00 PM

Fabulous: ultra-fine, non-drying, lasting formula, which delivers a complexion-enhancing, soft-focus result. Pigment (use light) is verging on the translucent with just a hint of fairness, so appropriate for a spectrum of colour complexions.
Generously sized to boot!

on 2/24/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a best loose powders that i love very much, since i always go with high end brand and this loose powder is a winner. I am using Lamer loose powder and i love so much and cant find anything that good as La Mer. I even had Impress loose powder that cost almost $100.usd. Impress is a expensive line from kanebo but it didnt impress me at all except the price until i tried Chantecaille. I would say it worth the price it melt to your skin as part of your skin but look nicer. It didnt make my face look gray. it is just perfect. I found people complained about the package but i love it i think it looks so chic. i would but again and let my La mer a break. I actually love both of them.

on 1/2/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product for times when I don't want the totally matte finish that my usual routine of MUFE Mat Velvet and MAC Blot Powder gives me. I like that it doesn't contain any shimmer but it also leaves a kind of dewy finish. I also don't really have any problems with the packaging. It doesn't come spilling out of the container like it has for other people- maybe they've changed the packaging since. Also, I think that a little bit of fallout on your counter is just the nature of loose powders.

What I don't like about this powder is that while it looks great immediately after application, it doesn't do anything to control oil. By noon I have to retouch my chin and nose with MAC Blot Pressed. I won't repurchase because I think it will take me years before I even finish the container.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I've been using Cle de Peau for years until the refill was not longer being sold, so I had a choice of try by Terry or Chantecaille. I decided to purchase Chantecaille and I find this is slightly better then Cle de Peau loose powder. The reason is that the powder had no shimmer, but it makes your skin appear natural, slightly dewy and flawless. The powder does not make your skin dry or appear cakey or have build-up. I will be repurchasing this powder.

on 9/25/2009 9:29:00 AM

My one and only loose powder, I have been using this for 5 years now. i have previously tried other loose powders and this is the only one that takes the crown.

Like the other testimonials that others have given, i have to agree with every bit.

Sets make up without cloging pores, no caking and does what a translucent powder is set out to do,,,,be TRANSLUCENT. It does not interfere with your foundation and blush, just sets what you have already applied.

it has one of the best textures ...finely milled to give the best texture and least suspecting that you have caked on powder.

The only thing that frustrates me with this product is that it is expensive and that the holes that the powder dispenses from makes it time consuming, cos the powder doesnt come through the wholes onto my sponge easily. One of my other frens have transferred their chantecaille LP into a more friendlier dispenser, (old loose powder compacts from other brands that are empty)

These are one of those products that will always be in my make up kit.

on 7/12/2007 6:26:00 PM

I have tried just about every loose powder out there ladies...yes, even the precious Cle de Peau ~ This is the most natural, light powder I've ever purchased. I have found this to be a "setting powder only". I'm oily & need to touch up w/ Boscia blotting papers around noon. However, if your looking for an elegent, natural - true to color setting powder try this & I don't think you will be disappointed! I'm NC25 & I wear shade "Light"

My HG powder. Powder is superb. Love that it has no talc. I switch between Ray (in summer) and Light (in winter). I'm a Stila IFP 30/40 watt. My only gripes: I wish there was a wider range of colors (as light can be a little too light) and improved packaging. As others have noted, the packaging is beautiful yet not very functional. It makes a mess even when it just sits on the dressing table.

on 10/31/2003 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in Shadow and it goes very well with my DDD skin. I love the feel of it, the soft look it adds, the match to my skin tone and the setting aspect of it. The packaging, though attractive, is not travel friendly as it spills all over inside the container which makes a huge mess if not kept upright. But the quality of the powder is high and it sets my cream foundation. I wear VLWC in Golden Tan, Chantecaille SPF 30 Real Skin in Bronze.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As i said with my outstanding review of New Stick...my mother almost died when she found out how much i spent on Chantecaille in one go! But it was totally worth it! I used this over New Stick Sand in Ray and it is completly fabulous and flawless. Never cakey, never fake! It kept my oilies at bay even though other's say it doesn't. This product really is outstanding, one of a kind. Again...it's pricy, but i am so over pricy now because i reckon it's your money and if you find something this good-then buy it because you only live once!!! (besides, now that i know my colour i can always find it on eBay or swap-that's another way to justify it :) Yep, this is the one for me!!!!!!!

on 4/12/2003 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite loose powder right now. I have tried Laura Mercier, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, and Nars. This one feels light as a feather and is probably the only one that does not cake up around makeup by late in the day. I bought it in New York when my face as very irritated due to first experience with "subway wind" and this helped keep my look polished.