Chantecaille Talc Free Loose Powder

Chantecaille Talc Free Loose Powder

4.4

on 12/19/2001 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my staple loose powder. It is talc-free unlike many others and is incredibly finely milled. It leaves a soft natural finish that never looks overly matte or chalky or dry. Light is a good color match for my very pale skin. The best news -- no breakouts!! Definitely a rave.

on 12/25/2002 6:46:00 PM

Not cakey or drying at all. I can't even tell I am wearing powder. I hated powder before this but this product converted me!

on 1/23/2003 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm a PPP who wants to stay that way; this powder in Light works very well for me. It has a finer consistency than the LM loose powder, never grainy looking. I'd thought it would have a more obvious luminosity about it than it does, although a lot of people have said I look "glowing" lately. I like the sleek silver packaging; it's an elegant addition to my vanity. Will buy this again, even at the $45 price, because loose powder lasts a long time. I use this with a BB blush brush instead of a powder brush.

on 4/1/2003 9:38:00 AM

I really like this powder. Finally, a powder that didn't leave a chalky, cakey look. It sets my makeup just fine and leaves a soft, translucent finish that makes my skin glow through.

on 8/24/2003 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is one of my two favourite loose powder after purchased over dozen brands - KP is another one which is a bit drier than Chantecaille. The powder is not dry and keeps my combination skin fresh in summer. I have 'light' which is a bit too light for my summer skin tone but it's very sheer and almost looks transparent. My nose has flakey skin occassionally & this powder cover it perfectly.

COMPLAINT: the package design is poor for such a pricy product - the powder tends to spill out easily. 5 lipsticks are given purely for the quality of the powder.

on 1/5/2004 1:00:00 PM

Beautiful finish with subtle sparkles. LOVE the product--HATE the packaging.

on 12/15/2007 12:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This powder is fine but definitely NOT worth the price. For the price I was hoping for some kind of magical effect & was sorely disappointed

This powder is now my HG. It is so soft and light, yet keeps my skin matte all day. No shimmer, just smooth glowy skin. The package has to be the worst I've seen. Every single time I open it, I lose powder. Makes me angry at this price to have such poor packaging. And I hate to have to switch it. I'll continue to buy, but grudgingly

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a fabulous powder that blots out oil without being heavy or overly matte. It's never chalky and looks beautiful in real life as well as in photographs. I so agree with others about the packaging...while it's very pretty, it is so horrible in keeping the product contained. I was doing fine by twisting the top off slowly, but then I DROPPED the container and now it's all lose up in there. I now have to slowly twist the top off over a tissue in order to catch all the fallout. I literally don't have to take it completely off; just a light twist and all this powder falls all over the place. Point being, this would be stellar with better packaging. If I need to take it somewhere or have it in my kit, I need to put it another container - and for the price that it costs, that's unacceptable.

This powder is talc free and looks flawless on the skin. I feel like I am wearing nothing, yet my skin looks even in tone and perfectly matte. It is great on top of any foundation, and on a good skin day. I wear it on it's own. It feels comforrable and looks great! My HG complexion enhancer.