Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.6

on 10/10/2002 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this powder! Although generally I m not a powder using girl, but this I had to try. Usually I prefere the glowing look, so powder generally achieves the opposite, but not this one. Its kinda translucent and doesnt take away the glow of my foundation. Its very very fine and doesnt go on cakey or chalky and u will NOT look powdered. I will usually use it during day time or when its really hot, because for the evening I want that extra glow, and generally its better than the Shiseido, Kanebo,T Le Clerc, LM, BB, GA or Chanel IMO. It is talc free and does not irritate my dry/sensitive skin. Definite keeper!

on 12/6/2002 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a fabulous powder, particularly if you have normal or dry skin (it is not drying and doesn't highlight dry patches). It is very finely milled and goes on like silk, with either a puff (a high-quality, washable puff is included) or a brush. It makes skin look like velvet--just a beautiful finish. If you tend to be oily, it might not be absorbent enough for you--I use LM Translucent on my t-zone (when I need it), then the Chantecaille over all with a brush.

on 10/2/2003 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this powder is great. I have pale to medium skin. I could have worn Subtle, which is a very natural shade, but I chose Ray, as it has more yellow and evens out the redness in my skin. I use this powder over Real Skin or sometimes just alone with blush/bronzer. The powder is soft and fine as silk plus no talc to irritate sensitive skin. I have read some complaints about the packaging, but personally I love the nickel container. I think it is so fun and easy to use. I can really swirl my brush in it, unlike other brands that make the sifter too small.

on 3/11/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am giving Chantecaille loose powder a no on the question would I buy this product again but only reluctantly. I'm just not sure. Don't you wish there was an option to answer maybe? I bought this powder after lusting after it for at least 2 years. The price always got in my way, not to mention I already have powders galore from T LeClerc, Becca, Giorgio Armani, Paula Dorf, Laura Mercier, Versace, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Sonia Kashuk - you name it and I probably have it. I went for the $39 travel version in Chantecaille and the container is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I don't think I would use it for travel as I tend to move powder into fairly small clear plastic jars with sifters for convenience. I would happily put this lovely silver jar on a fancy dressing table if I ever have such a thing. The powder itself is fine. That's the part that's disappointing. I was hoping this would be holy grail, perfect, can't imagine life without it powder and it isn't (sigh). It does an okay job of setting my make up but it doesn't do or look any better than any other powder I own. I think the cost is high for the amount of product you get. Given what powders do and what they are made of, I suspect I will never find a holy grail powder but that doesn't mean I will give up trying ....

on 9/13/2004 4:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Wonderful powder. I put on my liquid foundation first, then, I add my Chantecaille (Light Loose Powder) on. It stays naturally on my face whole day long! Too bad it's not available in Thailand. I must buy it from Europe/US only :-(

on 1/10/2006 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This woud have been a great powder, but the lightest shade is not quite a good match for my Armani #2, Chantecaille Alabaster, LM Porcelain Ivory skin.

on 12/11/2007 9:44:00 PM

This is my HG powder. This powder is so finely milled and very build-able. I love how this sets my foundation because I actually did a experiment today from not setting with my powder. By lunch, my make-up was all over the place (in my lines, in my finger tips, on my cloth...). Also, I like to use this to set my under eye concealer. This powder blends into the concealer so well that after all the foundation and concealer is done, everything blends together. That way you won't get an cakey under eye coverage, or pink spots in certain areas on your face. I use the sponge that came with it, and just gently blot the corner of my eyes for setting. Then use a powder brush to sweep all over my face to blend everything together. Try it! You'll love it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is really the best i try by now. I am not fan of loose powders and i don't really like powdery look but this one just gives me gorgeous face
My face doesnt look like have loose powder at all. Its leaving me a lovely mate finish smooth my skin and my make up last all day long. I just couldnt stop touching my face all day ..is so soft.
I am MAC 15-20 and I have it in # Light (from a lovely swapper.TY Liz) and when I see it really look to me like flour but ones I apply is GREAT.
I try many powders like La Prairie, T.LeClerc, Caron, YSL, Chanel and so much more, so far this one is the best

This is the powder I have been looking for for years. It is very very finely milled, does not have tacky shimmer, never cakes/settles into lines and feels very light on skin. It sets makeup perfectly with a soft, polished finish. The oil control is excellent, too. It is very expensive, and the packaging, while very pretty, is bad, but I think it is worth trying just because of its quality. It works well with different type of foundations I use. FYI: Other powders I used: Cle de Peau loose (did not like it: way too expensive, broke me out, no oil control): YSL (not as finely milled, looks a hint too heavy): Guerlain (in general good but heavily fragranced/slightly drying): GA (too much shimmer, oxidised): By Terry loose (good but way too expensive for such a small amount): By Terry compact (very good, another favourite, offers more coverage than the Chantecaille powder).

on 10/10/2009 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this powder, because Merle Norman did away with their oil-control loose powder, which I found to be superior. (Hopefully, MN will come out soon with this formulation in their High Definition Powder.) Chantecaille loose powder is a very finely-milled powder that comes in a pretty silver container. I bought the shade Subtle and like how it does not leave me looking overly made up, and it does not accentuate fine lines. The color seems to go well with my Asian skin, unlike MAC's loose powder (NC30) that looks orange on me and highlights fine lines. However, it is difficult to understand how Chantecaille developed such a fine powder but such a user-unfriendly container! I tried to take the sifter off to transfer some of the powder to my smaller travel sifter, but I was so afraid that I would drop the container and precious ($$$) powder all over the floor! I ended up shaking the powder into its sifter and transferring it with a make-up spatula. Still, a lot of powder fell onto the counter from the sides of the container. I cringed when I lost less than a teaspoon on the bathroom counter! The only way that I can think of doing this in the future, is to shake the powder into the sifter over a clean paper towel, and then scoop the excess into the travel sifter. Please improve packaging! If there is a similar powder out there with better packaging, I would probably buy it over the Chantecaille powder.