Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I want to marry this stuff. I used LM for many years but it is harder and harder to get in Switzerland even though it is sold her, and paradoxically easier for me to get Chantecaille even though it isn't sold here. For whatever reason the LM loose isn't sent to our counters here but when I am Paris I can pick this stuff up.

The coverage and wear of the Chantecaille is similar to the LM but with the Chantecaille I use far less product. The Chantecaille is finely milled, but not so much that it is blotchy. It doesn't oxidize or cake or settle into my fine lines, of which there are many.

There isn't anything not to love about the Chantecaille, which is only fair given its price tag, but it is a fair price to pay for something that works with minimal fuss.

on 9/28/2010 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is my second most favorite loose powder. (Cle De Peau being my all time complete love!) It is talc free, finely milled, and the lightest textured, fluffiest, most amazing I've ever used. I always come back to it. There is no sparkle, does not oxidize, does not emphasize dry patches of skin. It is great for setting makeup, and is quite translucent. It allows my skin (or foundation) to still radiate a glow rather than looking flat. In contrast, Chanel loose powder, (while also finely milled, not as, but still fine) gives a much more opaque,matte finish.

My only gripe, other than the price (but then, sometimes its just true that we get what we pay for) is that the lid to container does not twist or snap closed. The container is a mirror polished silver, understated and elegant, but the top is just a pull off to open, push down to close. The sifter inside is a rigid plastic rather than a floating screen sifter, but it too is not that tight of a fit.

Guerlain recently redesigned the container its loose powder comes in, and its now very practical as well as beautiful. Not only does the container itself twist closed to where it is completely waterproof, but the inside sifter also twists open and closed. And its a highly polished silver color instead of the previous gold. But...... the Chantecaille powder is still nicer IMO, and the container is lovely sitting on the vanity, just not travel friendly.

on 9/10/2006 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

loreal makes a talc free loose powder that is nicer and I don't have to tell you ladies how less expensive it is. I think this was my worse purchase ever - I can see spending $$$$$ on a foundation, not a powder - but I did and I regret that, I should have taken it back because I just don't use it at all - it is just such a mess it's real pain!!!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my alltime favorite loose powders,especially for dry skin.It isn't easy to find talc free fragrance free powders that set well.If I had oily skin I would not shell out the money for this as oily skin actually works great with loosepowders that do contain talc.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This was a nice powder, but not exceptional. It goes on very light which I like, but I didn't feel like it really "set" my foundation. I like Laura Mercier much better.