Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by skin type : Other
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.2

on 7/8/2001 11:59:00 PM

THis is very finely milled loose powder. it is talc free. Feels like silk on your skin. this one beats LeClerc hands doewn in my opinion, you cannot tell there's anything on your skin.

on 5/8/2002 6:07:00 PM

This is absolutely the best loose powder I've ever tried. It is so fine and goes on my skin nicely. It kept the shine away from my combo skin for hours. It is talc free powder and compared to La Mer's powder the difference is like night and day. La Mer's loose powder's No.1 ingredient is talc. This will be the only loose powder I'll ever buy.

on 2/6/2003 6:25:00 PM

The texture is very fine and goes on smoothly with either a brush or the puff that comes with it. I like that it's talc free and yet can control oil. It's good for setting foundation or on its own too. It is not inexpensive but it works. It does not make my face look caked up and neither does it accentuate the dry spots on my face. The translucent shade isn't too chalky looking. The only reason I won't buy this again would be that I found other loose powders that can work just as well. I might return to this if I don't have something new to try or if I want a talc free loose powder.

on 12/25/2004 1:42:00 PM

I hate this product. I purchased Chantecaille loose powder in subtle due to the recommendation of the sales clerk at bergdorfs. This is too dark while the vanilla was too light. It does not apply well at all. It settles around every line and imperfection. The packaging is poorly conceived. It is messy and a potential makeup disaster waiting to happen. Just the worst loose powder I have ever tried and the most expensive makeup blunder. It makes me mad just spotting it on my vanity. 1 lippie just to be kind.

on 1/4/2006 8:42:00 AM

One of my HG powders....actually, this IS my HG powder....but I haven't yet tried Cle de Peau, which is on my list. Even so, this is very luxurious and finely-milled. It suits my skin perfectly. I use the translucent.

on 1/4/2006 8:42:00 AM

UPDATE.... finally tried Cle de Peau....and it blows Chantecaille out of the water!