Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.5

on 12/5/2001 4:17:00 AM

A fabulous featherlight setting powder which comes in 3 shades to avoid the overpale 'flourbag' look of so-called translucent powder on medium or darker skins. Sets make-up perfectly whilst looking and feeling invisible. Best applied with a brush. The elegant and generously-sized silver-coloured container has a removable plastic sifter incorporated to prevent overapplication and accidents. The perfect setting powder.

on 12/19/2001 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my staple loose powder. It is talc-free unlike many others and is incredibly finely milled. It leaves a soft natural finish that never looks overly matte or chalky or dry. Light is a good color match for my very pale skin. The best news -- no breakouts!! Definitely a rave.

on 1/23/2003 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm a PPP who wants to stay that way; this powder in Light works very well for me. It has a finer consistency than the LM loose powder, never grainy looking. I'd thought it would have a more obvious luminosity about it than it does, although a lot of people have said I look "glowing" lately. I like the sleek silver packaging; it's an elegant addition to my vanity. Will buy this again, even at the $45 price, because loose powder lasts a long time. I use this with a BB blush brush instead of a powder brush.

on 4/12/2003 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my favorite loose powder right now. I have tried Laura Mercier, Calvin Klein, Christian Dior, and Nars. This one feels light as a feather and is probably the only one that does not cake up around makeup by late in the day. I bought it in New York when my face as very irritated due to first experience with "subway wind" and this helped keep my look polished.

on 6/1/2003 10:16:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have this powder in Light, which I sometimes use to set my foundation (usually Chantecaille Real Skin Spf 30 in Bliss, or Paula Dorf Face Tint in Just Glo) when I need a more matte finish for a polished look. I rated the powder as a four, simply because I prefer Guerlain's Les Meteorites loose powder spheres for a glowy look. Also, I find the Chantecaille Loose Powder container to be somewhat messier than other brands, which disappoints me for the price I paid! Overall, though, the powder itself is very sheer, and natural, never cakey or powdery. I would purchase again, but I wish I could love the container as much as the powder within it.

on 3/11/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am giving Chantecaille loose powder a no on the question would I buy this product again but only reluctantly. I'm just not sure. Don't you wish there was an option to answer maybe? I bought this powder after lusting after it for at least 2 years. The price always got in my way, not to mention I already have powders galore from T LeClerc, Becca, Giorgio Armani, Paula Dorf, Laura Mercier, Versace, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Sonia Kashuk - you name it and I probably have it. I went for the $39 travel version in Chantecaille and the container is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I don't think I would use it for travel as I tend to move powder into fairly small clear plastic jars with sifters for convenience. I would happily put this lovely silver jar on a fancy dressing table if I ever have such a thing. The powder itself is fine. That's the part that's disappointing. I was hoping this would be holy grail, perfect, can't imagine life without it powder and it isn't (sigh). It does an okay job of setting my make up but it doesn't do or look any better than any other powder I own. I think the cost is high for the amount of product you get. Given what powders do and what they are made of, I suspect I will never find a holy grail powder but that doesn't mean I will give up trying ....

My HG powder. Powder is superb. Love that it has no talc. I switch between Ray (in summer) and Light (in winter). I'm a Stila IFP 30/40 watt. My only gripes: I wish there was a wider range of colors (as light can be a little too light) and improved packaging. As others have noted, the packaging is beautiful yet not very functional. It makes a mess even when it just sits on the dressing table.

on 2/19/2005 2:40:00 PM

Very high quality powder, does not make skin look "powdery" even on my dry days. Package spills as everyone says - I have a very tight makeup bag I keep it in. Package is attractive - maybe they can keep the look but prevent the spillage somehow.

on 2/4/2006 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is an incredible product, and worth the money. This jar will last forever, and makes my skin look perfect.

I'll likely never buy another loose powder.

My only complaint is the powder sometimes spills over the sides....other than that...perfect. It is so finely milled, it makes Nars loose powder look chunky, and does a wonderful job at controlling oil.

I wear it overtop of Tarte Smooth Operator foundation for a guaranteed perfect skin day.

on 12/15/2007 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This powder is fine but definitely NOT worth the price. For the price I was hoping for some kind of magical effect & was sorely disappointed