Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.3

on 10/10/2009 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this powder, because Merle Norman did away with their oil-control loose powder, which I found to be superior. (Hopefully, MN will come out soon with this formulation in their High Definition Powder.) Chantecaille loose powder is a very finely-milled powder that comes in a pretty silver container. I bought the shade Subtle and like how it does not leave me looking overly made up, and it does not accentuate fine lines. The color seems to go well with my Asian skin, unlike MAC's loose powder (NC30) that looks orange on me and highlights fine lines. However, it is difficult to understand how Chantecaille developed such a fine powder but such a user-unfriendly container! I tried to take the sifter off to transfer some of the powder to my smaller travel sifter, but I was so afraid that I would drop the container and precious ($$$) powder all over the floor! I ended up shaking the powder into its sifter and transferring it with a make-up spatula. Still, a lot of powder fell onto the counter from the sides of the container. I cringed when I lost less than a teaspoon on the bathroom counter! The only way that I can think of doing this in the future, is to shake the powder into the sifter over a clean paper towel, and then scoop the excess into the travel sifter. Please improve packaging! If there is a similar powder out there with better packaging, I would probably buy it over the Chantecaille powder.

on 9/10/2006 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

loreal makes a talc free loose powder that is nicer and I don't have to tell you ladies how less expensive it is. I think this was my worse purchase ever - I can see spending $$$$$ on a foundation, not a powder - but I did and I regret that, I should have taken it back because I just don't use it at all - it is just such a mess it's real pain!!!!!

I have the loose powder in Subtle. The powder is very sheer and provides a natural finish. I like the fact that it's talc-free but it's just not matte enough for me. The packaging is so pretty, but have to open carefully to avoid spilling. It is definitely a very good quality powder, but the shade choice is very poor. I'll not buy this again because I prefer either T. LeClerc or Chanel better.

on 1/7/2004 9:58:00 PM

This loose powder is one of my favorites, I find myself wearing it at least 3-4 times a week, I got mine in "light" which I believe is the lightest one they have (but I could be wrong)good match for my LLL complexion. $50 dollars retail price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

As i said with my outstanding review of New Stick...my mother almost died when she found out how much i spent on Chantecaille in one go! But it was totally worth it! I used this over New Stick Sand in Ray and it is completly fabulous and flawless. Never cakey, never fake! It kept my oilies at bay even though other's say it doesn't. This product really is outstanding, one of a kind. Again...it's pricy, but i am so over pricy now because i reckon it's your money and if you find something this good-then buy it because you only live once!!! (besides, now that i know my colour i can always find it on eBay or swap-that's another way to justify it :) Yep, this is the one for me!!!!!!!

on 1/22/2003 2:00:00 AM

Absolutely FANTASTIC! The powder is really fine quality and is so smooth and silky, not chalky at all. It applies naturally with a brush and keep sthe oilies at bay. "Shadow" looks pretty dark in the pot, but it suits my fair/medium skin tone really well.

on 5/8/2002 6:07:00 PM

This is absolutely the best loose powder I've ever tried. It is so fine and goes on my skin nicely. It kept the shine away from my combo skin for hours. It is talc free powder and compared to La Mer's powder the difference is like night and day. La Mer's loose powder's No.1 ingredient is talc. This will be the only loose powder I'll ever buy.