Chantecaille Loose powder

Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.4

I'm 44 and this is the only makeup /skincare product I have ever had a really bad allergic reaction to - with my skin just peeling away all over my face in a very noticeable way which other people commented on :( This happened twice (3 weeks apart) and left my face raw and dry for days. The reason is that the powder has a very well known problem ingredient called 'bismuth oxychloride'. Here's what beautypedia says about the irritation it can cause: "Some people react to bismuth oxychloride due to its unique crystalline structure. What happens is that the crystals can "poke" at skin and get stuck in the pores, where the sharper "spokes" can cause irritation". I can tell you this is truly unpleasant!!!

So I definitely recommend you 'try before you buy' this product - even if (like me) you don't normally react to make up.

on 12/25/2004 1:42:00 PM

I hate this product. I purchased Chantecaille loose powder in subtle due to the recommendation of the sales clerk at bergdorfs. This is too dark while the vanilla was too light. It does not apply well at all. It settles around every line and imperfection. The packaging is poorly conceived. It is messy and a potential makeup disaster waiting to happen. Just the worst loose powder I have ever tried and the most expensive makeup blunder. It makes me mad just spotting it on my vanity. 1 lippie just to be kind.

I absolutely love the radiance and silkiness of Chantecaille loose powder. But the flimsy container is just inexcusably messy. Product spills out every time. This product is to expensive to store in a Ziploc bag! I would give the packaging a zero if I could.

on 9/10/2006 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

loreal makes a talc free loose powder that is nicer and I don't have to tell you ladies how less expensive it is. I think this was my worse purchase ever - I can see spending $$$$$ on a foundation, not a powder - but I did and I regret that, I should have taken it back because I just don't use it at all - it is just such a mess it's real pain!!!!!

on 1/16/2004 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just wasn't impressed with this powder...besides the impossible to carry in your purse task..Im med w/yellow u/tones and I have it in Ray and I though it was too orangey..and the powder really didnt give me that flawless look I was looking and hoping for..plus I don't think it suited my skin..I can't be 100% sure but i think it irritated my skin also...

on 6/15/2011 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really nice loose powder that provides a nice matte affect without covering you up too much. Chantecaille products are great and don't make my skin react or break out, which is awesome. Perfect color match. Thumbs up.

[Edited on 8/5/12: I no longer use this because it irritated my skin and broke me out. I plugged it into Cosdna and Mica is the second ingredient. Mica really bugs my skin, so I'm surprised I didn't have a worse reaction. It's probably because I never used this powder regularly. I gave this to my mom whose skin doesn't react at every little thing! (Why didn't I get her skin?)

I'd still recommend this if Mica is ok for your skin.

Hello

I am Mixed Black and Italian
Love the color Shadow, for me adds a little more color
And blends great with or with out foundation.
I have future skin in Haze I Love that product as well

Will buy again,
Only problem is when opening the case make sure to open slowly
And you will not loose any powder.

It helps to cover my oily t-zone and looks GREAT !!!
Love, love, love
And I have tired a lot of powders to cover up my shinny t-zone

Great product..

on 12/15/2007 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This powder is fine but definitely NOT worth the price. For the price I was hoping for some kind of magical effect & was sorely disappointed

Although the power is great, I always have difficulty getting the powder out of container. I would buy this powder again only if the packaging is updated.

on 3/11/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am giving Chantecaille loose powder a no on the question would I buy this product again but only reluctantly. I'm just not sure. Don't you wish there was an option to answer maybe? I bought this powder after lusting after it for at least 2 years. The price always got in my way, not to mention I already have powders galore from T LeClerc, Becca, Giorgio Armani, Paula Dorf, Laura Mercier, Versace, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Sonia Kashuk - you name it and I probably have it. I went for the $39 travel version in Chantecaille and the container is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I don't think I would use it for travel as I tend to move powder into fairly small clear plastic jars with sifters for convenience. I would happily put this lovely silver jar on a fancy dressing table if I ever have such a thing. The powder itself is fine. That's the part that's disappointing. I was hoping this would be holy grail, perfect, can't imagine life without it powder and it isn't (sigh). It does an okay job of setting my make up but it doesn't do or look any better than any other powder I own. I think the cost is high for the amount of product you get. Given what powders do and what they are made of, I suspect I will never find a holy grail powder but that doesn't mean I will give up trying ....