Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

on 11/7/2012 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had a mini of this years ago that lasted me years. I used it up and then moved on. Since then I tried many other powders from drugstore to Dept store trying to find a loose setting powder I liked. Who knew it would be so freaking hard?

My criteria(which I didn't know was so discerning): No caking, not too drying, no glitter bomb, no flash in photography, no breakouts, no orangeyness, should be finely milled, lightly scented or no scent.

L'Oreal: caked, flashed, weird scent
Lancome: Absolue: glittery, Mineral: orangey, oxidized
MAC: caked
Clinique: Caked, oxidized
Jane Iredale: Drying, flash
Bare Escentuals: Flash

This powder, though ungodly expensive finally fits all of my categories. The container is huge so it will probably last me 10 years since I only use powder to set certain parts of my face and my mini powder previously lasted 3 years. Really sometimes you just have to give in and bite the bullet. I could have bought the Chantecaille outright instead of buying all of the products above and being disappointed. I am stupid.

Oh the Chantecaille website now has a color guide to let you know what color to buy which I appreciate since the nearest counter to me is 3 hours away so I must online shop. I wear vanilla in Future skin and in the powder I bought Subtle. It is supposed to have a peach undertone which I was a little apprehensive about thinking ORANGE but it is perfect. In MAC I'm NC 25, Bobbi Brown sand.

on 11/28/2009 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is outstanding. LeClerc is the only other powder I would recommend - and this product far surpasses even that. I have always cringed at the thought of setting my makeup. I can always tell when someone has powder on. This sets my makeup, I cannot tell that its there, and after 8 hours, its all holding together perfectly. The consistency is like silk - and I believe it has silk fibers. I bought the Subtle to set Chantecaille's Real Skin - and where before I wasn't happy with the leftover shine/slip of the Real Skin, with the powder on top of it, it is now my HG foundation. Coverage that feels like nothing is there. The two products together are spectacular.