Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by age: 36-43
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.5

on 12/6/2002 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a fabulous powder, particularly if you have normal or dry skin (it is not drying and doesn't highlight dry patches). It is very finely milled and goes on like silk, with either a puff (a high-quality, washable puff is included) or a brush. It makes skin look like velvet--just a beautiful finish. If you tend to be oily, it might not be absorbent enough for you--I use LM Translucent on my t-zone (when I need it), then the Chantecaille over all with a brush.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This was a nice powder, but not exceptional. It goes on very light which I like, but I didn't feel like it really "set" my foundation. I like Laura Mercier much better.

on 5/19/2003 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this powder in Subtle. (I wear the Chante. Future Skin in Cream.) This loose powder is very easy to use (I usually use the puff to apply and then my big powder brush to even it out). Very nice! Occasionally, I do wish that loose powders were a little neater and more compact, but it's par for the course...

on 6/14/2003 3:49:00 PM

I just bought this powder and I love it! Very light and silky. Gives a nice finish either alone or over foundation. This is the best loose powder I have ever used. Not cheap -- but considering other top of the line powders run from $32 - $48, this one at $50 is still within reason. It will last quite a while too.

on 1/5/2004 1:00:00 PM

Beautiful finish with subtle sparkles. LOVE the product--HATE the packaging.

on 3/11/2004 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am giving Chantecaille loose powder a no on the question would I buy this product again but only reluctantly. I'm just not sure. Don't you wish there was an option to answer maybe? I bought this powder after lusting after it for at least 2 years. The price always got in my way, not to mention I already have powders galore from T LeClerc, Becca, Giorgio Armani, Paula Dorf, Laura Mercier, Versace, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Sonia Kashuk - you name it and I probably have it. I went for the $39 travel version in Chantecaille and the container is one of the prettiest I've ever seen. I don't think I would use it for travel as I tend to move powder into fairly small clear plastic jars with sifters for convenience. I would happily put this lovely silver jar on a fancy dressing table if I ever have such a thing. The powder itself is fine. That's the part that's disappointing. I was hoping this would be holy grail, perfect, can't imagine life without it powder and it isn't (sigh). It does an okay job of setting my make up but it doesn't do or look any better than any other powder I own. I think the cost is high for the amount of product you get. Given what powders do and what they are made of, I suspect I will never find a holy grail powder but that doesn't mean I will give up trying ....

on 10/18/2004 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite loose powder and I've tried lots of em... Laura Mercier; Giorgio Armani; Bare Escentuals; MAC. By far, Chantecaille is my favorite.

I didn't purchase this powder looking for something to control oil howeverI have super oily skin and one day did a comparison by wearing my LM on one side of my face and my Chantecaille on the other. I won't say the Chantecaille kept my face from getting oily but I will say the LM side of my face was MUCH oilier - - - it was noticeably different.

I love the look of the container - I just wish it was screwtop because inevitably it will get knocked off the counter and create a real disaster. The price is exhorbitant - - - $50USD. Those two things combined are the reason I rated this product as 4 lippies and not 5.

I love the product and will buy it again... unless I find something similar in quality that controls oil.

on 12/9/2004 1:31:00 AM

Packaging is terrible - powder goes everywhere. But the powder itself is wonderful!

on 2/19/2005 2:40:00 PM

Very high quality powder, does not make skin look "powdery" even on my dry days. Package spills as everyone says - I have a very tight makeup bag I keep it in. Package is attractive - maybe they can keep the look but prevent the spillage somehow.

on 3/13/2005 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I am a ddd and have this in Shadow. I have sensitive combi-nation skin that tends to be more oily during the summer months. I love this powder and the fact that I experience no irritation whatsover! I have found that by using a powder brush and "buffing" the powder on to my skin gives me lasting matte coverage that is better than when I used the puff that comes with the powder. I use blotting sheets on the sheen that breaks through in my T-zone. This is HG for me as it does what it promises without the irritation or greyish/ashy cast I have exper-ienced with other lines. If you can find a color that works for you - I say it is worth every penny. Treat yourself and enjoy!