Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.2

on 12/19/2001 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my staple loose powder. It is talc-free unlike many others and is incredibly finely milled. It leaves a soft natural finish that never looks overly matte or chalky or dry. Light is a good color match for my very pale skin. The best news -- no breakouts!! Definitely a rave.

on 11/17/2002 1:12:00 PM

I have used this in both Light and Subtle, which is the one I have right now. I rarely wear foundation, so I am always eager to try the various brands of loose powder. This is the one I love the best for the winter months, as it is not drying at all and leaves my skin looking soft as silk. I also own LM and Paula Dorf, but this one has the highest quality in my opinion. The Light is rather, well, light with a mild yellow undertone, and the Subtle has more of a flesh tone to it. I would love to see the color range expanded in this product. I will be buying again.

on 12/25/2002 6:46:00 PM

Not cakey or drying at all. I can't even tell I am wearing powder. I hated powder before this but this product converted me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is my staple item. I love it as it's so sheer, smooth and good quality. The color I am using is Subtle which give me a healthy skin tone. It's pricy but can last for very long time. Definitely will buy this again and again!!

on 4/1/2003 9:38:00 AM

I really like this powder. Finally, a powder that didn't leave a chalky, cakey look. It sets my makeup just fine and leaves a soft, translucent finish that makes my skin glow through.

on 8/24/2003 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is one of my two favourite loose powder after purchased over dozen brands - KP is another one which is a bit drier than Chantecaille. The powder is not dry and keeps my combination skin fresh in summer. I have 'light' which is a bit too light for my summer skin tone but it's very sheer and almost looks transparent. My nose has flakey skin occassionally & this powder cover it perfectly.

COMPLAINT: the package design is poor for such a pricy product - the powder tends to spill out easily. 5 lipsticks are given purely for the quality of the powder.

on 10/2/2003 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I think this powder is great. I have pale to medium skin. I could have worn Subtle, which is a very natural shade, but I chose Ray, as it has more yellow and evens out the redness in my skin. I use this powder over Real Skin or sometimes just alone with blush/bronzer. The powder is soft and fine as silk plus no talc to irritate sensitive skin. I have read some complaints about the packaging, but personally I love the nickel container. I think it is so fun and easy to use. I can really swirl my brush in it, unlike other brands that make the sifter too small.

on 1/16/2004 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just wasn't impressed with this powder...besides the impossible to carry in your purse task..Im med w/yellow u/tones and I have it in Ray and I though it was too orangey..and the powder really didnt give me that flawless look I was looking and hoping for..plus I don't think it suited my skin..I can't be 100% sure but i think it irritated my skin also...

My HG powder. Powder is superb. Love that it has no talc. I switch between Ray (in summer) and Light (in winter). I'm a Stila IFP 30/40 watt. My only gripes: I wish there was a wider range of colors (as light can be a little too light) and improved packaging. As others have noted, the packaging is beautiful yet not very functional. It makes a mess even when it just sits on the dressing table.

on 12/25/2004 1:42:00 PM

I hate this product. I purchased Chantecaille loose powder in subtle due to the recommendation of the sales clerk at bergdorfs. This is too dark while the vanilla was too light. It does not apply well at all. It settles around every line and imperfection. The packaging is poorly conceived. It is messy and a potential makeup disaster waiting to happen. Just the worst loose powder I have ever tried and the most expensive makeup blunder. It makes me mad just spotting it on my vanity. 1 lippie just to be kind.