Chantecaille Loose powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
Chantecaille Loose powder
Loose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powderLoose powder

4.5

on 9/13/2011 1:39:00 PM

I have this in the color Subtle, which works for my NC25/Future Skin Vanilla skintone even though when I bought it I was more NC20/Alabaster.

The powder is great for:
- Those who like extremely light and finely-milled powders with a slight light-reflective sheen to it when applied (not shiny, not matte).
- Those who have dry/normal skin and are looking for light finishing powder.
- Those who like makeup with attractive packaging. The powder case is housed in an elegant silver case and looks great on the vanity.

Personally, I don't use the powder a lot for several reasons:
- I have combination-oily skin, and this doesn't help control oil.
- I also don't like the fact that it has parabens in it, BHT, and a whole slew of other preservatives (even though it is talc-free).

I noticed that a lot of people are not happy with the packaging. I talked to the SA and found a solution for powder spillage:
- When you buy the powder, do NOT remove the whole seal. Instead, peel back to expose 4-5 holes, cut out that section, and leave the rest of the seal alone.
- When you want to use some of the powder, tap some of it onto the lid. The powder will come out of the 4-5 holes instead of the whole thing, and will make the application process a lot less messy. I have traveled a lot with the powder using this method and have never had trouble with spillage.

on 1/2/2011 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this product for times when I don't want the totally matte finish that my usual routine of MUFE Mat Velvet and MAC Blot Powder gives me. I like that it doesn't contain any shimmer but it also leaves a kind of dewy finish. I also don't really have any problems with the packaging. It doesn't come spilling out of the container like it has for other people- maybe they've changed the packaging since. Also, I think that a little bit of fallout on your counter is just the nature of loose powders.

What I don't like about this powder is that while it looks great immediately after application, it doesn't do anything to control oil. By noon I have to retouch my chin and nose with MAC Blot Pressed. I won't repurchase because I think it will take me years before I even finish the container.

on 11/30/2010 5:42:00 PM

I really love this loose powder. It doesn't have too much color and never gives a powdery look, which I hate. I use this over the Chantecaille tinted moisturizer and new stick concealer and it keeps it in place all day. The finish is really nice...not too matte, but not shimmery. I really love it and these three products have been a winning combination for me. It is expensive but it lasts a long time.

Amazing loose powder! After I finished my Laura Mercier loose powder, I was on a hunt for another brand. The LM is great at $30, but I am willing to spend more for an even better one. I first looked at Cle de Peau, because I currently use their foundation. After doing some thinking, I realized it's simply ridiculous to spend over US$100 for loose powder, seriously. Then I hopped over to Chantecaille. First, I was pleased to know that it's talc free, which is great news for oily or acne-prone skin. Then I felt the powder on my hand, and, WOW, it's just as smooth as CdP! I tried it on my face right there, and was very pleased with the finish. It's a very natural matte finish, zero chalkiness. In fact, I think it's even better than CdP! A few hours later, I looked in the mirror, same great look, great oil control. Best thing of all, I just bought this for $26 on eBay, HAH!

UPDATE: So I finally received the product in the mail. I applied some over my Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation, and it looked flawless! I can't believe my face didn't look chalky at all. This is HG HG HG.

on 8/11/2009 8:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I initially got this for a friend and since she raved about it so much I deemed that this is a 'must have' for myself too. =D Its a very popular product and is almost always out of stock at spacenk. But I finally got myself one and I really love it. Its very finely milled and it feels weightless on the skin. I have alot of loose powders and this is one of my favourites. Im not sure if I like this better than my La Mer powder but I definitely like this more than my Nars loose powder which is not as finely milled.

on 2/19/2009 11:03:00 PM

I have never used loose powders before and have generally geared towards pressed powders just because I think loose powders are more troublesome. But since I have had a great experience with Chantecaille's Future Skin (Alabster), I decided to purchase the Loose Powder to mattify the foundation when I don't desire a dewy look.

I purchased this in Light and I am unsure about other shades but Light goes on translucent on my skin and provides me a gorgeous, lovely glow. It doesn't provide much coverage, if any at all, but I'm not looking for coverage as I only want to mattify my Future Skin Foundation so this is perfect for me. I also detest powders with shimmer (too tacky and accentuates pores) so I love how Chantecaille's loose powder gives you a glow without tacky shimmer. Also, though it comes with a cute puff, I prefer to use it with a brush because I feel a puff is unble to give you an even distribution.

I see other MUA-ers have problems getting the powder out without spilling some. What I do is remove the puff (I use a MAC 187 brush), hold the container in one palm and tap the side very gently. The powder should "rise up" to the surface. I then swirl my brush into the powder and blend it on my face. I don't lose any powder this way.

PROs: Talc-free (if you have sensitive skin). Lovely glow, no shimmer. Extremely silky and smooth texture - I always touch my face after applying it though I know I shouldn't. It's that soft!

CONs: Expensive at 45 but I believe in value for money (what you receive for what you pay), than just price alone.

on 12/15/2007 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This powder is fine but definitely NOT worth the price. For the price I was hoping for some kind of magical effect & was sorely disappointed

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This has quickly become my holy grail loose powder. Now that I've found it, I cannot imagine living without it. I'm an NC-40 and currently using the the shade "Ray". You can apply this lightly or heavily and the finish will still look airbrushed which goes to show how fine milled this powder is. In the past, I've experimented with other powders such as LORAC, Cle de Peau, Bare Escentuals, and all incomparable to Chantecaille. While I really loved Cle de Peau's quality, I felt like the main ingredient (TALC) severely irritated my skin and caused it to itch and feel uncomfortable. Even though it claimed to be a translucent loose powder, the product still contained a little pink, so if you applied the powder too heavily, you'd get a pinkish cast over your make up. For $99 it was a total waste of my money. Chantecaille is half the price and contains no trace of Talc. The quality is superb if not better and it comes in 3 shades to adjust to your skin. I love the flat but round aluminum container. It really stands out in the make up stash. I usually sift some powder onto the top of the container and swift my powder brush to make sure no product spills over. It comes with a white puff but I find that using a powder brush gives me better results. Unless you're allergic to Bismuth, this powder is a must have and I'd recommend this to anyone who loves a high quality loose powder.

on 8/25/2004 2:44:00 PM

Hate the packaging, love the product! I had this in the mini loose powder as well - used a couple of times before the thing fell apart, spilling powder all over my clothes, purse, & me! The big version is a little better but it's still impratical compared to the conventional screw tops.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Talc free and makes my skin look perfect. I use it over CG trublend makeup. I have it in Subtle which is kind of like NC20-30 in mac. Comes with a gorgeous puff. If you're dealing with spillage issues just keep the original box and store it in there. I love this stuff and i'll buy it forever.